ADVERTISEMENT

UFC vs boxing?

PrivacyBush

Diaper Dandy
Oct 27, 2015
Who is the superior athlete? Overheard a conversation where a guy was claiming a UFC fighter wouldn't last 2 minutes with a real boxer. What's everyone's thoughts on this? And by everyone I guess I mean gdog and dirtyd.

Im surprised the neck snap isn't seen at all in ufc. Is it against the rules, or is it just some unwritten gentleman's code, or is it just really difficult to pull off?

what are they doing? UFC fighting or are they in a boxing match......In a UFC fight the UFC fighter would prevail......in a boxing match, I will take the boxer

Who is the superior athlete? Overheard a conversation where a guy was claiming a UFC fighter wouldn't last 2 minutes with a real boxer. What's everyone's thoughts on this? And by everyone I guess I mean gdog and dirtyd.

Let me explain to you how that convo probably went. Huge boxing fan doesnt like UFC = UFC fighters suck.

There is absolutely nothing to remotely discuss. They destroy each other in each of their professions. Like any professional would in their own prospective sport. There is no argument.

Yup. And whenever you hear these debates it's always the boxing fan arguing the boxer would be able to hang in the cage - never vice-versa.

Who would win in a fight though? Not who would win in their respective disciplines, but in a good old street fight outside villanova diner?

MMA 90% of time. Boxer would have no idea what hit him from a kick. Boxer's skills would be next to useless once the disctace is closed and they are tangled up. Would have no idea what to do once it hit the ground like most fights.

In a street fight; the MMA fighter 100% of the time. The fight would be on the ground in an instant. And over in an instant. Boxers are not trained to defend against submissions.

How bout in a boxing match though? Would the boxer win handily? Or would it at least be competitive?

boxer would maul him, but like I said, you never hear mma fans/fighters claim otherwise.

Who would have a better chance at beating NickleDimer in pickup basketball at Alumni hall? I think the MMA fighter would be a better defender and would probably have a better jump shot. The boxer could clean the glass.

Also, which one would have a better chance at beating LizReed if you have them 2 strokes a side?

Who would win in a golf event? Tiger Woods or a boxer? OK maybe this is a bad analogy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT