ADVERTISEMENT

Upon further review...

DCFRANKLIN

VUSports.com All-American
Dec 19, 2007
Robby did fumble while being sacked late in the 1st half. A defender knocked the ball from Robby's hands while he was cocked to throw. However, Robby's knee was down before his 4th Qtr. fumble.
Those refs were horrible.

This post was edited on 12/7 6:01 PM by DCFRANKLIN

I think the weather had a lot to do with all the fumbles.

No doubt. And all those dropped passes. Robby said after the game he had to put more zip on the ball because of the conditions. How vindicating was it to see the Cats eschew the razzle dazzle for some good old smash mouth football in the 4th Qtr? We've come a long way from all those losses to YSU in the '90s, when they were the hammer and we were the proverbial nail.

Liberty ran out of gas just like Syracuse did in the late game. Nice to put the finishing touch on this one, though. Saw some real growth from week 1 to week 13. Hopefully onward and upward!

Great Post DC and completely agree, Looking forward to this one and it should be a great one. I am really trying not to look past this but on Dec. 20th a Saturday of Syracuse vs VIllanova in basketball followed by a Villanova vs ND State game has me feeling like christmas is coming early. Need to focus though on Sam Houston State, this will be a tough game and will need to be playing at a high level to win this.

I remember those YSU Games back in the 90's, they still sting. I would like to see Nova get them on the schedule in the future.

Will be surprising if President Jim Tressel doesn't make sure YSU is a FCS power within a few years. It will be back to the 90's for YSU. If we scheduled them it will most likely be one very tough out of conference game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT