ADVERTISEMENT

URI Is Syracuse Seson Opener

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
For the second reason in a row Cuse opens against a CAA team. I wonder if URI will take Cuse to double OT, out play them for the most part, and give them a win by making a couple basic mistakes

...and Colgate opens at Navy. There was a day when Cuse and Gate opened with each other.

Would you have traded the Liberty win for Syracuse? Tough question. I'd have to think about that.

Thursday night.
Its ironic that UConn is probably the 3rd best team we play this year. There certainly will be no " moral " victory this year like at the ' Cuse last year.

Its a pick em game. They are the worst team in a bad (AAC) conference. This is equivalent to playing Akron or a bad Sun belt team. We cant lose to these guys.

UCONN is not too far away from being competitive in the AAC. There are worse programs in the AAC than UCONN. Tulane comes to mind.

For the second reason in a row Cuse opens against a CAA team. I wonder if URI will take Cuse to double OT, out play them for the most part, and give them a win by making a couple basic mistakes
Cuse 47 URI 0 Enough said.

Cuse 47 URI 0 Enough said.
I expect Coach Fleming (ex-Villanova assistant) to bring Rhody football back to respectability, but it's going to be a work in progress. May take a few recruiting classes. Maybe more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT