ADVERTISEMENT

V8

I'd love to see Merc cross-examine Gdog some day. It'd be a bloodbath.

When I was in the Mercedes dealer they actually had cards stating they are not owned by VW/Audi and adhere to the utmost environmental standards blah, blah....it was interesting to see how they were aggressive on that front.

I recently bought a new car and Mercedes was on my initial list of possibilities. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that every other car on the road around here is an E Class Mercedes or 5 Series BMW. They are nice looking, and obviously very well made cars, but way too commonplace, in my opinion.

I'd like to see you go in a different direction, adp.

I'm going macan or cayenne. Really want the new c63 but lady told me I'd have to return a car that size.

Is this vehicle for you? My wife has a Cayenne and loves it. It is very nice but it is undoubtedly a female car. In fact, I've never seen one driven by a male, literally. I don't know a whole lot about the Macan but it definitely catches my eye and is pretty sharp.

The nice thing about having a Porsche is that when you take it in for service, they give you a Panamera as a loaner (though you pay out the ass for service)..

943_main_f.jpg

Is this vehicle for you? My wife has a Cayenne and loves it. It is very nice but it is undoubtedly a female car. In fact, I've never seen one driven by a male, literally. I don't know a whole lot about the Macan but it definitely catches my eye and is pretty sharp.

The nice thing about having a Porsche is that when you take it in for service, they give you a Panamera as a loaner (though you pay out the ass for service)..
For me. However, my wife wants me to get an SUV for some reason I still cannot determine. The Macan runs the quarter mile with the 911. It drives more like a car and can fly. I'm leaning that direction after having driven. Beast Mode.

I said to someone the other day that in 30-40 years, no one is going to want to buy a "classic" 2015 car. Even if you could, with all of the computers that run the cars these days, you'd never be able to work on it or it would cost more than it's worth.

The days of building a classic car in your garage are over. Basically, the classic car market will only ever be cars from 1980 and earlier.
You don't think that this is going to be collectible in 40 years?

8c5e1e0afeda1f202856d529397c7c2d.jpg

You're right. The exception would be high end sports cars like Ferrari, Aston, Bugatti, Lamborgini. Other option is iconic, groundbreaking cars like the Tesla roadster (even though it's just a Lotus).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT