ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova beats Towson, but loses $750k for playing the game

qwe021

Diaper Dandy
Oct 2, 2009
Sweet win against a school that 99% of Villanova alumni could not name what state the school is located.

Bad news though, we lost tons of money.

I am sure the basketball haters like box+1, dcfranklin and uncleed will point out that villanova just played northweed. But northweed has a hall of fame coach, the school made money on the game, and there was a 2 hour tribute to the awesomeness of villanova during the game.

Villanova athletics would have been b Etter off not playing towson today and spending that $750k on a raise for baker dunleavy. To waste that money on a division 2 football game against towson is beyond ridiculous.

But whatever, I am sure some football tough guys will call me a loser or a jerk for pointing out the obvious.

When does the gravy train end for our failed football team?

Support the players, but end the charity. We aren't temple or rutgers here. No need to throw good money after a bad product. Enough is enough.

relaxed sigh ... just enjoyed watching JR & Co. dismantle Towson (Maryland). I've got two words to say to your post, which appears to reflect the ranting of someone who is seriously constipated ... Shut Up

Maryland? Wrong! Towson is in Virginia.

Anyway, am I wrong? You can tell me to shut up, you can call me a jerk, unclebill can call me gwen....

But, is anything I say incorrect?

Nope!!

Look, the football team may lose money & all, but there are a lot of values to be derived from it's existence. It's mere existence lends to Villanova the look of a total university, one where athletics & academics co-exist. Because of VU's academic reputation & prowess, football tries hard to recruit players that excel both on the field & in the classroom. At the majority of colleges & universities, athletics lose money. Only schools with big time football &/o basketball sustain te bottom line financially. At Penn State, before it joined the Big Ten, all of it's athletic programs lost money. Football carried all of them. VU is fortunate to have a program that can add a few $$ to the bottom line, though it may not bail it out entirely. When VU dropped it's 1-A program in the early 80's. it caused a hell of a ruckus. Alumni began campaigns to bring it back, & the Augies finally agreed to bring it back, but at the1-AA level. A lot of football fans, & donors, are influential alumni who also support basketball. At the FBS level, VU has been successful ... & again, it's presence lends a non-intrinsic value to VU. I apologize to you for my rudeness in my first post ... I'm a gent with class, I could have simply ignored your post. BTW, thanks for the Towson, VA tidbit ... you learn something new every day.

Romeo, don't apologize for your post. The guy deserves it and then some. He is classless, and if his atttitude is that way about Villanova's excellent football program, I don't want him as aVU basketball fan. The fact that he has been railing against the program under different names for years, it is evident the guy is a little strange.

It appears that ball will have to keep moving west to find happiness. Check out the Phillipines - I hear most rural ambulances are pedicabs - you can catch those, easy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

qwe/ball should be a SJU(pa) or LaSalle fan, as they don't have football at any level, thus allowing them to dump all that saved revenue into their nationally acclaimed hoops program.....so the Dunph & Dr. Giannini can collect those big salaries.

How wrong that 99% of alumni wouldn't know what state Towson is in. That's a joke. Considering a huge % of NOva alum live around Wash DC, Balt, Philly, NYC (the 95 corridor) I find it hard to believe many in that region don't know Towson is a north of Baltimore. One ridiculous post and offers nothing

Go Cats Football!! Have what 3 guys in the NFL and probably more to follow

Hey, I'm not against Villanova football, and I am not against an athletic department that loses money. But at some point the amount of red ink for one program that competes at the division 2 level and provides zero benefit back to the school has to be questioned.

But whatever, we beat Towson!! Such an amazing experience for the Villanova community (or at least the 500 fans and friends and family of the team that actually paid attention). Something that can never be taken away from Villanova!! Rejoice!

Anyway, how is the funding for the Pavilion renovation doing? You know, something that actually benefits the school....

I hear that they have one-way truck-driving jobs in Pakistan. Upon completion of a hauling job, one is rewarded with 72 virgins. Interested qwe021 ? Like I said, I'm a gent with class ...sometimes too much ...

Originally posted by qwe021:
Maryland? Wrong! Towson is in Virginia.

Anyway, am I wrong? You can tell me to shut up, you can call me a jerk, unclebill can call me gwen....

But, is anything I say incorrect?

Nope!!

This post was edited on 11/9 7:56 PM by vufjm93

Hey, I'm not against Villanova football, and I am not against an athletic department that loses money. But at some point the amount of red ink for one program that competes at the division 2 level and provides zero benefit back to the school has to be questioned.

But whatever, we beat Towson!! Such an amazing experience for the Villanova community (or at least the 500 fans and friends and family of the team that actually paid attention). Something that can never be taken away from Villanova!! Rejoice!

Anyway, how is the funding for the Pavilion renovation doing? You know, something that actually benefits the school....
Get used to it.......Nova football ain't going away......but, it gives you something to post about and you don't have to worry about something of interest or importance. I guess the board needs someone to stir the pot......so, I'll say, you're doing a good job....

Serious with what state Towson is in? It's Maryland, so you are either really dumb or being a smart A$$ so grow up

It's hysterical at this point!!!! Towson in Vigirnia!!????? lol... The whole point is muted with that flub.
laugh.r191677.gif

Sometimes it really is better to say nothing and have people assume you are dumb, vs. actually saying/writing something and confirming everyone's beliefs.

Towson will be glad to know that it is now in virginia. They were confused for so long.

There are folks around the country that don't know where Nova is located........few years ago we were in Austin for the Texas game; inline to enter the arena, a girl in line ahead of us asked me where Nova was located......being the smart ass that I am, I said it's in Florida.......she quickly informed her friends, who thought it was in Boston.......guess they still think it's in Fla.

Way back when (I'm talking Jumbo era), VU was better known on international flights than on domestic flights. That didn't change until after '85.

So Towson is not in Virginia? News to me (and 99.9999% of the country). Where is it, delaware?

Why are we spending money to play Towson?

So Towson is not in Virginia? News to me (and 99.9999% of the country). Where is it, delaware?

Why are we spending money to play Towson?
Towson in Virginia? It's amazing how often you prove to everyone how truly unintelligent you are. Nice try though....making it seem like it was just a joke.

I feel bad for the VU alumni who are forced to have something in common with you.
This post was edited on 11/11 3:34 PM by BuggsyRU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT