ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova-Delaware this year

prospect

All VUSports.com Team
Sep 25, 2001
Given that it is Parents Weekend and Delaware, I would think this game has a chance to be the first actual sellout in some time. Parents Weekend typically gets 10-11k. Maybe this will sell it out. I remember years ago when temporary stands went up in the end zone for one of the VU-Delaware games.

Given that it is Parents Weekend and Delaware, I would think this game has a chance to be the first actual sellout in some time. Parents Weekend typically gets 10-11k. Maybe this will sell it out. I remember years ago when temporary stands went up in the end zone for one of the VU-Delaware games.
It was October of 1973. Frank Polito returned 2 punts for TD's in a 24-7 VU win.

I remember calling that game for WKVU. The place was a rockin'.

It was October of 1973. Frank Polito returned 2 punts for TD's in a 24-7 VU win.

I remember calling that game for WKVU. The place was a rockin'.
I miss this game not being the last game of the year. Seems strange pushing it to the start of the season.

PA Franklin. I remember that game. There were some great atmospheres in the Stadium back in the 60s and 70s...not every week, but for some select games. Mainly BC and Delaware (who happen to be Villanova's most often played rivals). My first Villanova game as a little kid was when Villanova lost to a ranked BC team in the closing seconds 8-7. The place was loud that day. I believe Jack Concannon QBed that BC team. He ended dup with the Eagles for a short time, if I am not mistaken.

PA Franklin. I remember that game. There were some great atmospheres in the Stadium back in the 60s and 70s...not every week, but for some select games. Mainly BC and Delaware (who happen to be Villanova's most often played rivals). My first Villanova game as a little kid was when Villanova lost to a ranked BC team in the closing seconds 8-7. The place was loud that day. I believe Jack Concannon QBed that BC team. He ended dup with the Eagles for a short time, if I am not mistaken.
There's a blast from the past, Jack Concannon. He was Stormin' Norman Snead's backup in the mid 60's for the Iggles. His claim to fame is being traded to 'da Bears for Mike Ditka.

Believed he passed away about 10 years ago at about 60 years of age.

I think he had some legal problems with drugs at one point, didn't he??

There's a blast from the past, Jack Concannon. He was Stormin' Norman Snead's backup in the mid 60's for the Iggles. His claim to fame is being traded to 'da Bears for Mike Ditka.

Believed he passed away about 10 years ago at about 60 years of age.
I think it was something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT