ADVERTISEMENT

VU 9 vs Michigan 8 Spokane regional @ Palo Alto I think

Yeah, no road trip for me this time around. It was a possibility if they were playing on Saturday, but no way on a Sunday night. I will be down at Delaware on Sunday afternoon for those two games and get back in time to catch the Wildcats on TV. Hopefully they will have Sweeney available but I would imagine that she will be listed as questionable right up to game time to keep Michigan guessing.

Arico Barnes has really pulled together a team that has been historically a doormat in the Big 10. I was them play a few times this year including beating Michagan State for the first time in about 8 years in an in-state grudge match. They will give us a game. They will be NCAA novices just like us so there should be equal jitters on both sides. If we win, we probably have the only beatable 1 seed in the tournament in Stanford, although beating them in Maples Pavilion would be a major accomplishment.

Syracuse just got a seven seed spot in Knoxville. Too bad we couldn't have pulled out that B/E game against them - we would have gotten a seven instead of them.

UConn #1 in Bridgeport, LVille 5, ND 1 Norfolk, St Johns 10 Del?, USF 10 Lubock. Who else?

Del is a 6 seed. If they win 1st round it looks they will play 3 seed UNC in Newark on Tuesday night. That could be a very good game.

Newark site is already sold out. Place could be crazy for UNC/Del game. I am sure UNC coach isn't too happy with being 3 seed and having to go play on 6 seed's home court.

Tpenter, does Michigan play the same type of pressing defense that Barnes had going at St. Johns? We had a tough time against her teams. Fact is she knows us . Harry has to start his best players. He didn't do that last time in NCAA and we were in a hole the first 5 minutes, which we never got out of.

I think she has done a great job with the players she inherited when the prior coach went back to Green Bay. They seemed to be a scrappy team, I remember them going a long stretch without scoring against MSU, but holding them in check at the same time. A look at the stats and they look like Nova in a lot more ways.

They have a predominently senior lineup and score about the same amount of points, shoot a good amount of threes, don't foul much, don't have a big time scorer. They do have some heighth, especially coming off the bench. I was wrong in thier NCAA experience. They did get a bid last year so most of their players have one game of NCAA play.

Hopefully Sweeney will be ready to go 100% and we can get and make some open threes to open up the floor.

A link attached goes to the Phillly Inquirer article in Sunday's paper.

Interesting footnote on the Harry Perretta bobbleheads and why they will never be worth anything! I still have several of them and actually got a Kim Arico Barnes bobble head up at St. John's last year, so I can face them off with each other around the TV tonight at let them have at each other.

Seriously, Barnes is a good coach, but her team has a bit of a different look that we were used to at St. John's as she is playing with a roster of players that she didn't recruit and had to adapt to their talents. A fine job she did this year, too. We will have a test on out hands today. Hopefully the Nova women will come out ready to play. The 2009 game was pretty much over before the opening tip toss up started to come back down, against a team that we should have matched up pretty well against.

Go Nova!

Inquirer article on upcoming game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT