ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take

novahoop

All VUSports.com Team
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
What would it take for the LadyCats to become competitive with Notre Dame. The Irish- Husky game had to be one of the best games,men or women played this year.

novahoop,

Although we have improved our athleticism markedly, we have way to go to catch up to the top teams. In our prominence of a decade or so ago we defeated the defending NCAA champs three consecutive years.

They will most definitely get one. I think they have a good chance to make some noise in this tourney.

Agreed. The NCAA is going to take 8 Big East Teams. The ninth team (USF) gets an automatic WNIT bid. Of the 31 at large bids, I can't see the WNIT taking less than two more Big East Teams and Nova should be one of them, most likely playing a first round game at home next Wednesday or Thursday.

We usually put together some good games in the WNIT and I do think they are good for at least one if not two wins depending upon the seeding. They could use all of the post-season games they can get this year to get some experience for the Big Dance next year.

Something has got to give. Knowing the championship is tonight and we are nothing more than a blimp on the scene is saddening.

GO CATS!!!

elena_delle_donne.jpg

Even though she is not playing, I think they could at least let her sit on the bench!

Hard to watch the ND Baylor game. Place has a better crowd than most of our mens games. Want nothing more than our ladies to be able to play at the highest level. The difference between us and them is stark.

GO CATS!!!

Next three games, St. Joes, Princeton and Temple should give us a better idea of what we have this year. The Minnesota and LaSalle games were troubling to see that putting pressure on our player outside the key still pretty much disrupts any offensive flow. Had hoped our experience and additional speed this year would remedy that.

Princeton shut us down for 40 minutes last year, so I hope to see a much better result this year.

Lost all hope that we will ever draw any significant crowd out to see the women. Even if we had a great team, there are just too many other entertainment opportunities in the region to compete with, especially if we are going to charge $10 a seat, or more if we play a major draw like UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT