ADVERTISEMENT

Which board is the cesspool again?

TMJ45

All VUSports.com Team
May 26, 2012
Benchwarmers is just a disaster over there. Have people never been disappointed before that they act like children? I get all the trolls but a lot of really good posters are embarrassing themselves over there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TMJ45:
Benchwarmers is just a disaster over there. Have people never been disappointed before that they act like children? I get all the trolls but a lot of really good posters are embarrassing themselves over there.
my favorite ones were A) Arch should transfer and B) we have guards that can't shoot

Some of those posts are worse than the effort on the court last night. They played like shit, it happens, it sucks, it pisses me off too but it happens.

you expected something crazy after the frustration of the USF game. But to turn you back on this team? Just mind boggling. And not from usually crazy posters is the weirdest thing.

speeking of cesspools, remind me to tell u guys storie of the time Tom's pump on his above ground pool backked up...

What I said is not very different than my opinions posted of Arch throughout his 3 years here. Reactionary? Sure. But pretty consistent.

If you disagree with the statement that it is unfortunate that Arch will get 32+ minutes a game next year at PG while we have Booth and Brunson on the roster I think you are a fool. I know he's not going to transfer - I'm not an idiot. I'm saying it's the only way we can dramatically improve next year.

For 3 seasons the Golden Boy has been the only one who has been allowed to play more than 5 minutes at a time at the PG spot. The results have been good when his weaknesses are hidden against inferior teams. But when it matters he cannot get the job done. Jay keeps screwing himself by making Arch the only guy he can trust with the ball in big games. And it is a near certainty again next year. It's so clear and that you guys can't recognize it is disturbing. Nothing personal against the kid I think he plays his ass off and does everything he can - he's just not an above average D-1 talent.

Reactions: UconNell
Telling a 21 year student he should transfer is just bananas. He's done nothing wrong (he's been a huge addition for this team since day 1) and he represents the school well. Its just bafflingly stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself. Its just pathetic in all honesty.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
Poor form. I brightsided this morning thinking about losing 25 points of scoring and adding two white guys.
Not watching much Wisconsin are you?

To be honest, I never liked Snottie anyways. He always came off like a whiney punk and for some reason he was blown on here. Great, he was going through some depression and having a tough time in his life. Yawn, join the club. Plus he thinks his shit doesn't stink when it comes to basketball analysis. He showed his true colors in those threads and in my opinion a Villanova fan (let alone an alumnus) does not say things like that about the program and its players. Hopefully he never posts on here again.

This post was edited on 3/23 2:54 PM by NovaHoops2002

Originally posted by NovaHoops2002:
To be honest, I never liked Snottie anyways. He always came off like a whiney punk and for some reason he was blown on here. Great, he was going through some depression and having a tough time in his life. Yawn, join the club. Plus he thinks his shit doesn't stink when it comes to basketball analysis. He showed his true colors in those threads and in my opinion a Villanova fan (let alone an alumnus) does not say things like that about the program and his players. Hopefully he never posts on here again.
So you won't miss him?

Originally posted by TMJ45:
Telling a 21 year student he should transfer is just bananas. He's done nothing wrong (he's been a huge addition for this team since day 1) and he represents the school well. Its just bafflingly stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself. Its just pathetic in all honesty.
I'm not going on Twitter and personally telling the kid to transfer - I'm not an a-hole. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word transfer. But it's clear that if he is on the team Wright is going to play him no matter how poor his performance is. The best case scenario is clearly that he sticks around and receives a reduced role the way Greg Paulus was by Coach K when this same thing became clear. But that has about a 1% chance of happening so I said the other possibility of us drastically improving next year.

I'm 26 so him being 21 doesn't really feel like a reason to not say that he isn't as good at basketball as the entire Villanova community believes. I don't feel pathetic about it because I didn't attack him personally in any way - I was talking pure basketball.

I'm willing to give Snottie another chance because he is from coal country. Good people up there.

That being said, he is on very thin ice, approaching "I Never Thought I'd Say This" levels in terms of disgraceful posts.

There is still time to salvage his reputation, but the clock is ticking.

you're telling a college kid to transfer because you think he plays too much? That's just absurd. Grow up Tom.

Also, patting yourself on the back for not harassing him on Twitter is just ridiculous.

It wasn't a pat on the back - I was saying that's what you were acting like I was personally attacking him when I wasn't.

Everyone is ripping apart Ochefu and Ennis and that is fine, but I say that Arch hurts the team and it's "pathetic". I've made it very clear:

1. I know he won't transfer
2. My ideal scenario is he stays and plays 15-20 mins a game
3. All past signs point to that being impossible if he stays
4. So, I said if he transferred it would solve a lot of problems
5. I know there are many other deficiencies we have but they are being thoroughly covered by everyone else over there

It was purely a basketball related comment. The way you are molding it into some kind of personal takedown of the kid is just further proof that he is treated as somehow more important than any of our other players of the past 5 seasons. I assume you have some kind of personal connection to Arch and that's why you are so heated. I do apologize either way but I think my use of the word "transfer" is being treated like something it's not - it was purely in relation to him occupying too many minutes of other players I believe can help us win in March if given the same opportunities.

Originally posted by Novacatt94:
I'm willing to give Snottie another chance because he is from coal country. Good people up there.

That being said, he is on very thin ice, approaching "I Never Thought I'd Say This" levels in terms of disgraceful posts.

There is still time to salvage his reputation, but the clock is ticking.
As a native of the coal region, I question whether Snottie is from coal country. No true coal cracker would ever turn his back on a gritty white kid who can ball.

Originally posted by NovaHoops2002:
To be honest, I never liked Snottie anyways. He always came off like a whiney punk and for some reason he was blown on here. Great, he was going through some depression and having a tough time in his life. Yawn, join the club. Plus he thinks his shit doesn't stink when it comes to basketball analysis. He showed his true colors in those threads and in my opinion a Villanova fan (let alone an alumnus) does not say things like that about the program and its players. Hopefully he never posts on here again.

This post was edited on 3/23 2:54 PM by NovaHoops2002
I'm sorry for wanting to talk about basketball sometimes on this basketball board. I was being whiner last year - I appreciated the response on here and turned things around for myself. As for being a true fan, I obviously did not think what I said would be received the way it was; I root just as hard for Arch as anyone else and have stated he is a great kid every time I have ever critiqued his on-court performance. He certainly gives a damn.

I've never met Arch, a relative of his, or his illiterate plumber. I have no dog in this fight other than calling out bullshit from irrational posters who treat the team like they owe you something. Such a self entitled, moronic post deserves to be shamed openly.

What I said is not very different than my opinions posted of Arch throughout his 3 years here. Reactionary? Sure. But pretty consistent.

If you disagree with the statement that it is unfortunate that Arch will get 32+ minutes a game next year at PG while we have Booth and Brunson on the roster I think you are a fool. I know he's not going to transfer - I'm not an idiot. I'm saying it's the only way we can dramatically improve next year.

For 3 seasons the Golden Boy has been the only one who has been allowed to play more than 5 minutes at a time at the PG spot. The results have been good when his weaknesses are hidden against inferior teams. But when it matters he cannot get the job done. Jay keeps screwing himself by making Arch the only guy he can trust with the ball in big games. And it is a near certainty again next year. It's so clear and that you guys can't recognize it is disturbing. Nothing personal against the kid I think he plays his ass off and does everything he can - he's just not an above average D-1 talent.

Wow. What a fcking asshat you are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT