ADVERTISEMENT

Which Dodger Gets Beanballed in Game 3

Which Dodger Gets Beanballed in Game 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Matt Harvey has to bean anyone, Turner and Rollins would be the natural choices, considering candy ass Mattingly doesn't have the stones to play Utley.

Reactions: kjbert
Why would Utely start for LA? He barely hits .200.

Exactly. Mattingly is a pussy for not starting Utley..... Except Utley doesn't typically start and there's no reason to
Play him for Kendrick.

Because he's dominated Harvey and been great at Citi Field both historically as well as this season.

Why would you hit anyone unless the game was a blowout? Watch Harvey bean someone, they get on base and score, and the Muts lose by 1.

Because he's dominated Harvey and been great at Citi Field both historically as well as this season.

I agree with this. On top of that, you hope he creates a distraction with the Mets. It's actually a bad move not starting him.

Hopefully they hit the whole damn lineup and lose because of it.

Pretty sure Harvey wanted to stay in the game for the 6th inning so he could hit one batter and then get ejected and go out on top with a huge lead and the crowd going insane.

Pretty sure Harvey wanted to stay in the game for the 6th inning so he could hit one batter and then get ejected and go out on top with a huge lead and the crowd going insane.
Now that right there is a real ace. 5 innings in a playoff game, nice.

I will never criticize a pitcher for getting a Win. It's the most important stat in the game.

Wins = Quality starts

I will never criticize a pitcher for getting a Win. It's the most important stat in the game.

Wins = Quality starts

Is this a joke? You can give up 10 runs over 5 innings (18.00 ERA) and get "awarded" a win if your offense scores 11 over the same innings.

Is this a joke? You can give up 10 runs over 5 innings (18.00 ERA) and get "awarded" a win if your offense scores 11 over the same innings.

Give me a guy who is 22-4 with a 3.7 ERA over the guy who is 14-12 with a 2.2 ERA every day of the week. Some guys just help their team win.

I don't think guys like King Felix should win Cy Youngs when they are .500 pitchers. I don't are how crappy your team is, SPs control their own destiny to get a Win.

If someone makes the argument that errors can cost a SP a win, I would say that there are about as many spectacular plays that save runs as there are errors that cost runs.

Dickey- 4.2 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 78 pitches left the game with a 6 run lead
Price (W) - 3.0 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 50 pitches left the game with a 4 run lead

NN1188, I know you're trolling, but did Price pitch better than Dickey because he got the win?

Dickey didn't meet the requirements for a win. If he had gotten one more out, he would've deserved the win. I like how they don't make exceptions for that, go 5 innings for god's sake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT