ADVERTISEMENT

Why do college kids suck so bad today?

I'm gay. I also think transgender people are weird and likely mentally ill. There, I said it. Now hunt me down, shame me, revoke my medical license. Start a hashtag. Run me out of the business. I'll end up having to use my training to fill the vacuum left by Gosnell.

It's okay since you're a doctor. We will ignore your off-base opinions. And possibly even let you lead a presidential primary poll for a few weeks.

Reactions: YourBuddyRayhad
I'm gay. I also think transgender people are weird and likely mentally ill. There, I said it. Now hunt me down, shame me, revoke my medical license. Start a hashtag. Run me out of the business. I'll end up having to use my training to fill the vacuum left by Gosnell.
I used to disagree with you, but between reading about the Johns Hopkins gender clinic, the Swedish study about post-operative outcomes, and asking a shrink about it, I think that it's something doctors should exercise all possible avenues of treatment before granting.

I think transgender men generally fall into two categories:
1. Heterosexual men who get sexually excited by the idea of transvestism and have underlying mental health problems. Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner per example.
2. Extremely effeminate homosexual men with underlying mental health issues.

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of butch lesbians and transgender women were molested prior to puberty.

I think many are mentally ill. Unfortunate as the stigma spreads to those who are otherwise normally functioning people. "Too soon to tell" imo

My goodness this is awful. A few of the worst parts:

"They are also asking for University City schools to "create and enforce a comprehensive and mandatory racial awareness curriculum, and increase the number of courses centered around community organization and social justice," as well as adopt zero-tolerance policies for alleged "bigotry perpetrated by Greek organizations."" [I heard of a guy with an academic background who could teach the community organizing course. I'm sure there are plenty of social justice-focused courses there too if you want to seek them out.]

"The list also included demands specific to Penn, such as... adopting programs aimed at recruiting and retaining students of color" [pretty sure Penn does a fine job of this now] ...

...establishing a social justice center that "provides resources for organizing students." [Really? You can't organize yourself? You have a problem with student debt but you want the university to pay people to promote this b.s. for you?]

http://www.philly.com/philly/education/20151113_Area_college_students_protest_racism.html

I am just DYING to hear more about the struggles of a white tennis player who went to a wealthy east coast catholic college and joined a meathead frat. can you imagine the suffering?!
Let's be fair, I was a poor redneck from wv, a minority of a minority at nova. I was also called a redneck. Where is your empathy for my plight.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
The student government at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities has voted down a resolution to recognize the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks each fall.

The Minnesota Student Association defeated the resolution proposed by Theo Menon of the College Republicans by a vote of 36-23 (with three abstentions),reports The Minnesota Republic, a conservative campus publication.

Opponents of the resolution said they worried that honoring the 2,996 people killed on American soil 14 years ago could stoke Islamophobia on the taxpayer-funded campus.

One of the most strident critics of the resolution was David Algadi, an at-large student government representative and the student council’s director of diversity and inclusion.

“The passing of this resolution might make a space that is unsafe for students on campus even more unsafe,” Algadi charged, according to the Republic. “Islamophobia and racism fueled through that are alive and well.”

Algadi also said he wants to start to blame white people for more social ills.

Here is what I don't understand:

OK, so some guy/some group of guys said some racial slurs. As we all know, it is not OK to call someone a slur. In 2015, its frowned upon. With that said, if you are the d-bag in truck calling people names while in the safety of your truck, are you going to be influenced by some president of a university? What are the odds that the name callers were even in school? And if they were in school, and they read a statement from the school president saying "hey, stop using racial slurs and get along with people", what are the odds that they name callers ever change their attitude?

This is all just grandstanders wanting some people in important positions to grandstand. if you are a racist in 2015, the odds of you reforming your thought process are very low. any speeches, pronouncements, or rules made by the university of missouri are not going to influence any bigots thinking or actions.

The best part is the 25 year old grad student, Jonathan butler, is son of a guy who made 8.4 million last year as an executive VP for Warren buffets railroad. When called on this, the response l, and I thought of ND, it matters not that he is not poor as he represents the plight and has empathy for the struggle. The first demand is then obviously to acknowledge the white man's privilege that that this guy rails against and demands the president of the school recognize and denounce. Why didn't the president do 20 minutes of research on who this 25 yr old guy was and tell him to starve?

the president was as big of a pussy as these "safe space" needing children on the campus. he should've scheduled a press conference, walked up to the mic and said "ok, football coach? he's fired. players that don't want to play? turn in your crap. scholarship players? your tuition check is in the mail. pay it or leave. and someone get Jonathan Butler a sandwich, because he's wasting his time."

Let's be fair, I was a poor redneck from wv, a minority of a minority at nova. I was also called a redneck. Where is your empathy for my plight.
Being short and a lousy gambler doesn't count as being "a minority of a minority"

the president was as big of a pussy as these "safe space" needing children on the campus. he should've scheduled a press conference, walked up to the mic and said "ok, football coach? he's fired. players that don't want to play? turn in your crap. scholarship players? your tuition check is in the mail. pay it or leave. and someone get Jonathan Butler a sandwich, because he's wasting his time."

Better yet, instead of being spiteful, he could have responsibly walked down the lists of demands/issues and described point-by-point what he or the school could do to address them or if they were unaddressable and outside of the scope of his or the school's authority.
Instead, he runs/hides/quits which only encourages similar behavior at Mizzou and elsewhere AND in the court of public opinion does nothing but imply he was guilty of something - otherwise he would have stood up for himself/the school. He was gutless in the face of a shallow and pedantic protest.

Instead, he runs/hides/quits which only encourages similar behavior at Mizzou and elsewhere AND in the court of public opinion does nothing but imply he was guilty of something - otherwise he would have stood up for himself/the school. He was gutless in the face of a shallow and pedantic protest.

I have been wondering about this. Can only think maybe he has a Mark Fuhrman-like type of him out there somewhere, even was threatened with it. If not, no idea how he could have thought this move made any sense. And the fact that the Chancellor stepped down too makes an explanation like that seem even more far fetched.

Protest fever sweeping the nation

103167228-IMG_3698.530x298.JPG

Now some asshat students at Amherst want people exercising free speech to be reprimanded and trained.
Someone had the audacity to post a sign saying the Free Speech Died in Missouri - and they want the school Admin to track the person down.
Are the kids from the USSR or something? Never heard of the 1st Amendment?
It pisses me off how stupid these kids are. People didn't fight and die for this country so a generation of nit wits could piss on free speech.

Last edited:
So they're exercising their free speech to call for an end to free speech? Makes perfect sense.

Personally I'm all for more tolerance. But there is no reason to force someone to be tolerant as long as nothing illegal is happening.

Now some asshat students at Amherst want people exercising free speech to be reprimanded and trained.
Someone had the audacity to post a sign saying the Free Speech Died in Missouri - and the want the school Admin to track the person down.
Are the kids from the USSR or something? Never heard of the 1st Amendment.
It pisses me off how stupid these kids are. People didn't fight and die for this country so a generation of nit wits could piss on free speech.
im_staying.jpg

Just mailed a tear soaked check to the United Tennis Playing Sons of Italian-Appalachian Coal Crackers Scholarship Fund.
Thank you and acknowledge your up state medium height, janitor befriending privilege.

Mizzou students whining that media using Paris attacks to sweep their bitching under the rug. What a bunch of aholes.

Mizzou students whining that media using Paris attacks to sweep their bitching under the rug. What a bunch of aholes.

I was just going to say that these attacks should remove the attention from these brats.

I keep on reading about how these kids at Yale don't "feel safe" on campus.

Anyone care to elaborate on the dangers of Yale's campus?

Read a great quote and I'll paraphrase: if kids aren't feeling safe in the utopia of college, I don't think the universities are doing a good job of preparing our precious children for the real world.

Reactions: The_Z_Man
Was using her as an example. But look at the Caitlyn Jenner issue. Two years ago transgender wasnt even thought of. Now you cant mention the word without offending someone and being dubbed ignorant. Well, what if i happen to think transgender is bullshit? Im a social pariah overnight. In what court? On whose authority?
Social media dictating our values is not a good thing.
Just wait till 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT