ADVERTISEMENT

Wing Bowl XXIV (24)

HereComeTheCats

VUSports.com All-American
Mar 27, 2009
wing_bowl_16_023.jpg

Reactions: WhiteChocolate
Headlined by Dennis Rodman. Eagles Long Snapper Jon Dorenbos will serve as commissioner (3rd year in a row)

Prizes:

Overall winner: 2016 Harley-Davidson FLSTF Softail Fat Boy Motorcycle courtesy of Barb`s Harley Davidson, a Custom Wing Bowl 24 Championship Ring and $10,000 in Cash courtesy of Steven Singer Jewelers

Runner up: $5,000 in cash from Steven Singer Jewelers

Local winner: 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe courtesy of Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown

College winner: $5,000 in cash

Wingette of the Year: $5,000 in cash

Best entourage: All Inclusive Apple Vacations trip for two to the Occidental Grand Punta Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from Apple Vacations and $1,000 in cash

Mummer's Parade and Wing Bowl......CoP's finest two days on the calendar

Reactions: RSTRICK30
Burrs, are we going to uber it down at closing time from the Bocce Club, or you want to really get into the spirit of the thing and just drunk drive down? Maybe split the difference and hop on the shuttle from Paddy Whacks South

Calling for 1-3 inches of snow early tomorrow AM and into the rush.
Should make it even more interesting in South Philly.

Dave "The Termite" Wood is an acquaintance of mine. He's from the Wilkes-Barre area as well and was in Philly when I was. Weird guy but not as weird as you would think a competitive eater would be. He started doing it about 2 years ago and seems to be pretty good. I, sadly, have a dog in this fight

Burrs, are we going to uber it down at closing time from the Bocce Club, or you want to really get into the spirit of the thing and just drunk drive down? Maybe split the difference and hop on the shuttle from Paddy Whacks South

Like every year, I think I'll pass.

My neighbor was in it 2 years ago. Puked his guts up about 45 seconds in. Stayed up all night partying the night before in true COP fashion and tried to power through. Didn't work.

The fact you have to keep the 'attendees' behind the glass used for hockey says it all.

My guess the fight started by someone disrespecting someone's f-AM-lee, row ho-em joke, or the fact they weren't wearing a dawkins jersey on this holy day in the CoP.

The security guards did a good job of holding the racial lines while continuing to do their job.

Just scan the crowd......and see the class of attendees.......and where is their leader, Angelo Catastrophe??? Another great tribute to the city of brotherly luv...It's a shame, I really like wings.......Oh, any report of boob sightings???

Around the 1:25 marker did one of the security guards on the floor start walking off and saying "Yo that's my uncle!"

Alternate angles on Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/brawl-breaks-out-at-the-wing-bowl-1757351306

Edit:
So much to digest in the first video (shot "WorldStar HipHop style")
  • Dude in a DEA t-shirt getting his ass kicked
  • The fight strated over people throwing Mardi Gras beads
  • A shot of the floor shows that there is an MMA octagon
  • Dude filming turns the camera towards himself to reveal his mummer "Quaker City String Band" hoodie

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT