ADVERTISEMENT

WNIT Rematch with Colorado

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
Whoa - deja vu! No site confirmed yet, but Nova will play Colorado in the Sweet 16 round of the WNIT. This will be a re-match of the Sweet 16 game of the 2008 WNIT when Nova travelled to Colorado.

In that game Nova controlled the entire game, bottling up their two speedy guards whose names were (no kidding!) Brittany Spears and Whitney Houston. With a nine point lead and the ball with about five minutes to go, Nova ran a perfect 28 second set, getting a wide open three. Alas, instead of a 12-point lead, the ball hit off the front of the rim, taken by Spears on the run at the foul line and off to the races for a pull up three. After a failed Nova possession, another long rebound went the other way and another Spears pull up three closed the gap to three points, just 30 seconds after it looked like Nova was a lock. We pretty much fell apart after that and lost by six or eight.

More fun facts. Colorado's current coach was a player whose career ended with a loss to Villanova at Tennessee in the NCAA regional semi-finals in 2003. Kate Fagan was a member of that team also. Kate was the Philly inquirer beat writer for the 76ers for a few years and is now an ESPN employee.

No matter where we play them, this will be a tall order as Sweeney will most likely be unavailable to play again. UPDATE: Game is Thursday in Boulder at 9 EST
This post was edited on 3/19 10:16 PM by tpenter

Looks like we will be playing in Colorado... @ Nova website

Personally, I think Leer can step up and do the job in Laura's absence.
It will be a good opportunity to show what she can do.

Now to figure out how to watch it.

GO NOVA!

Later...

Was in Knoxville for our win against them in 2004, last second shot by CU was no good and we went on to get beat by Summit and the Vols. CU had some star named bjA¶rkland or something.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I was there for those games at Tennessee too.

Man, they were good times!

Drove to Oklahoma City first, then to Tennessee from there...

Maybe next year this team can relive those times.

You aren't the faculty member that was there with your family, are you?
I forget the name.

GO NOVA!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT