ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier statements

JHoops

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
It was a good and tough game last night. Yet, those are games your program and team needs to be in come this time. I actually have a little different out look last night, to have a game like that is great for a team late in the season heading into March. You watch video and learn from it. In a loss you can take a lot of lessons from it.
1) In NYC I think that is a different result. It is tough to be that type of team at home, as they probably felt when we beat them by 30 at our place.
2) Our inability to finish on the offensive end and our key defense breakdowns had a lot to do with the loss. Yet, how many times do we see that in a Jay Wright coached team? I suspect that to be corrected come Saturday.
3) We didn't hit some shots that we typically make. Hart missed a few bunnies, Arch missed some lay ups, and Daniel even missed a lay up. We make those then we are right back in the game.
4) One thing that concerns me are the quick shots, specifically in the second half. There was a stretch where we were one and done. I would like to see us get a better quality shot at those times, especially when X went on a run instead of firing it up right away. We are at our best when the ball is moving and making the defesne on scramble. I wouldn't mind seeing our guards and Kris/Hart get some more lost looks. Better quality shots than quantity.

5) Kris Jenkins, despite foul trouble, played one heck of a game. I am really happy to see him playing so well, makes us dangerous. He showed out last night. That's a credit to Kris as a player, hard worker, and to the Staff. That mid works his you know what off each game and obviously in the off season.

6) Give credit to X, they took us out of some stuff that we like to do. But we hit some shots we typically make and we are right in it. It is not like X blew the doors off of us. That being said, X is a very good team, which there is no shame in loosing to. They are balanced and will go far in March.

No reason to panic, still a game up in the BE with three to play. I suspect Saturday will be a different result.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News