ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies 2016 Season

i can't really watch this sport any more, but the game yesterday was on in a bar and jon lester appeared to berate galvis for taking a big lead off 3rd. what the f--k is that? he's allowed to step off the f--king mound and throw to 3rd

lester led off in the bottom half. should have been thrown at IMO

Joseph starting vs LHP. That's 5 of 10 in non-DH games (50%). One start vs RHP. Overall, 8 of 13 (61.5%).

Howard starting today.

Joseph 5 of 11 non-DH games (45.5%)

8 of 14 overall (57.1%).

i can't really watch this sport any more, but the game yesterday was on in a bar and jon lester appeared to berate galvis for taking a big lead off 3rd. what the f--k is that? he's allowed to step off the f--king mound and throw to 3rd

lester led off in the bottom half. should have been thrown at IMO

The fake black guy just morphed into a 65 year old white man.

In blink of an eye Phils are 3 GB in WC race. In the NL you literally need to go about 93-69 to sniff a WC. In the AL 87-88 probably gets it done. 95 to feel remotely safe in the NL.

How the **** do you keep putting a .150 hitter in the heart of your lineup!?!?? Makes no god damn sense anymore.
He's done. Joseph will play tomorrow and keep playing. Petey Mack trying to let a grizzled vet go out with every opp but that's done. We will be at 80% for TJ in no time.

Joseph starting today.

6 of 12 non-DH games (50%)
9 of 15 overall (60%).

Howard back in the line-up today.

6 of 13 non-DH games (46.2%).
9 of 16 overall (56.3%)

Ohh yea, I just read an article on how the manager plans to play Joseph more vs RHP.

A chance to improve upon a solid start, but I continue to maintain some game at a time with this group.

RentaHedge-024.jpg

Tough loss but this is what happens when you don't score runs and the bullpen is always clinging to tiny leads.

I know you're trolling, but my commentary on this team to date has been fair. Basically, encouraged about the start, but on guard for the probable return to norm, which is not 7 games over .500 ball.

I'm really not sure why you find the need to poke at every last thing I say on this board.

You knew that game was done when Murphy came up with the bases loaded. That guy is absolutely on fire at the plate, hitting near .400. I can live with Murphy beating you, not walking Ben Revere with 2 outs.

Didn't like the removal of Hellickson. Yes, Neris has been very good, but anytime your starter is throwing well (7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 Walks - Check), has a manageable pitch count (79 pitches - check), then you ride the starter and continue to give them the ball.

Walking that stiff Espinosa was inexcusable, too. Plus, Robinson....

You knew that game was done when Murphy came up with the bases loaded. That guy is absolutely on fire at the plate, hitting near .400. I can live with Murphy beating you, not walking Ben Revere with 2 outs.
Child Please!

Matty17 told us Ben Revere was a borderline All Star.

Howard back in the line-up today.

6 of 13 non-DH games (46.2%).
9 of 16 overall (56.3%)

Ohh yea, I just read an article on how the manager plans to play Joseph more vs RHP.

Daily update.

Howard back in the line-up tonight. I guess he'll throw Joseph a bone vs Scherzer tomorrow.

6 of 14 non-DH games (42.9}
9 of 17 overall (52.9)

I didn't give Nola enough credit. He doesn't have electric stuff but he knows how to pitch. Changes speed really well, movement and throws 3 pitches at different speeds; all for strikes. He's a really good, young pitcher. Maybe not a stud 1, but absolutely a 1/2 on a good team.

Reactions: NovaHoops2002
I didn't give Nola enough credit. He doesn't have electric stuff but he knows how to pitch. Changes speed really well, movement and throws 3 pitches at different speeds; all for strikes. He's a really good, young pitcher. Maybe not a stud 1, but absolutely a 1/2 on a good team.

Cap tip.

Murphy is absurd right now. Check that - The entire season so far.

Joe Ross will be the Nats best starter soon enough, I love how he pitches.

He's really good. However, Strasburg has finally figured it out and Giolito is coming. Ross is a stud but he's got a lot of competition. Oh, and Mad Max doesn't suck.

He's really good. However, Strasburg has finally figured it out and Giolito is coming. Ross is a stud but he's got a lot of competition. Oh, and Mad Max doesn't suck.
Yeah I mean in like 2-3 years once Scherzer is older. Starsburg has been great, but I just like Ross' makeup.

And absolutely criminal if they don't win a playoff series with the staff they have had and probably will have in next few years.

This is the year. Nova, Pens, Nats and Steelers in 2017.

What are the terms of the deal Murphy made with the devil? The dude was a marginal player his whole career, never slugged above .449 or had more that 14 HR and this year he's a .400 hitter with 9 HR before June and is leading the league with a SLG over .620. Unreal.

MVP right now, maybe Kershaw. Imagine if Harper wasn't in a little slump now. Nats are going to roll to the NL East crown this year.

Have we not learned anything with this group? Baby steps. The final 1/3 of the season swan dive is always in play.

Have we not learned anything with this group? Baby steps. The final 1/3 of the season swan dive is always in play.
Don't see it at all. They actually have a real manager now. Plus I just don't see the Mets having the firepower on offense to keep up.

What are the terms of the deal Murphy made with the devil? The dude was a marginal player his whole career, never slugged above .449 or had more that 14 HR and this year he's a .400 hitter with 9 HR before June and is leading the league with a SLG over .620. Unreal.

Love Murphy, loved the signing, couldn't believe Mets let him get away for that price, but regardless, the answer to your question is pretty obvious, no? Probably started dabbling last year, but now that he shares a clubhouse with Jay Werth, he's got a line on the good stuff and techniques. Should be raking for several more years until things get brittle like Werth from years of abuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT