ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

I'm pretty sure that ADP read the Finch report in talking about Baldwin and Cousins. You guys decide.....

Wade Baldwin, 6'4" sophomore guard, Vanderbilt: "[Sighs.] He'll get picked because of his size and his length, but he just doesn't have that sense of vision to be a floor general. His numbers show he's a good shooter but he takes a little too much time to get his jumper off. One of the longest guards we've see in a while. The question is, can he lead? What he did at Vanderbilt suggests he can't. I think it's pretty well known there was a disconnect between him and that coaching staff. Who's to blame, I don't know. But you're talking about a freak athlete with size. It wouldn't stun me if he goes in the lottery."

Isaiah Cousins, 6'6" senior guard, Oklahoma: "He might be the one kid everyone is missing on. He was as hard a worker as Buddy Hield was. Nothing is ever gonna bother him. That kid's a stud. I don't know if he's talented enough, but he's tough as s---. He'll take big shots. He's getting a lot of late buzz, and he should. He could go early second round, which for a kid who was at Portsmouth, that's a pretty big jump."

I posted about cousins after he destroyed nova. Reminds me of Alvin williams. Baldwin just isn't very good but he measures well.

Isiah Cousins is gonna be a good pro? Holy shit I've seen it all on this board now. Teams were basically triple teaming Buddy Hield by the end of the year.

Know who else saw constant double and triple teams? Kris Dunn. Teams #1, 2 and 3 goals were to contain him. Double teams. Matchup zones. Box and ones. They could live with Bentil making some corner jumpers. But Dunn was the guy that would murder you if you didn't pay tons of attention to him. I swear some of you watch the games but don't really watch the games.

Also Dunn and Murray are the same size. The only thing Murray does better than Dunn is shoot. Dunn handles better, passes better, is strong, is much more athletic and defends better. BUT Murray's shooting and ability to shoot off screens is a good fit for today's league. He just doesn't do much else.
Did you watch what he did to our guards? He destroyed us, not heild.

If Cousins is a 10 year pro I'll be here with a mea gulpa. Full marks to him if he can be that. Not convinced of it. Looks like he will be fairly easy to guard at the NBA level.

Did you watch what he did to our guards? He destroyed us, not heild.

Cousins takes terrible shots. Awful shots. Which is more glaring considering he was constantly open for all the attention Hield got. His decision making stinks. He's a mediocre athlete. His ball handling is barely average at the next level. I don't see what you're seeing. The NBA is about playmaking. If you aren't a plus athlete you better be damn good at a lot of other things. Or absolutely excel at one thing. He doesn't.

I posted about cousins after he destroyed nova. Reminds me of Alvin williams. Baldwin just isn't very good but he measures well.

Curious? How many Vandy games did you watch? Love when Nova fans base a guys future on how they played against their team. Always one of my favorite parts of this board.

But....at #24/#26 cousins is probably just as good a pick as most.

I'd say parts of 3 or 4. However, baldwin is a jersey guy and been talked about forever so I tracked him. Jiggie on payboard has been talking about this kid for 5 years.

If Cousins is a 10 year pro I'll be here with a mea gulpa. Full marks to him if he can be that. Not convinced of it. Looks like he will be fairly easy to guard at the NBA level.

Nazr Mohammad is in like his 17th or 18th season. Sometimes you don't have to be all that good (NBA standards) to last that long. Just saying....

Curious? How many Vandy games did you watch? Love when Nova fans base a guys future on how they played against their team. Always one of my favorite parts of this board.

But....at #24/#26 cousins is probably just as good a pick as most.

I can think of handfuls of guys I take over Cousins at 24-26. Demetrius Jackson for sure. Malik Beasley. Valentine, Richardson or Baldwin if they're somehow there. Thon Maker. Prince. The euros - Korkmaz, Luwawu. Bembry. All these guys over Cousins, hands down. Ulis is a guy I cant decide on. Just cant get past his height. Give the guy 2 more inches and he's a lottery pick.

Last edited:
I can think of handfuls of guys I take over Cousins at 24-26. Demetrius Jackson for sure. Malik Beasley. Valentine, Richardson or Baldwin if they're somehow there. Thon Maker. Prince. The euros - Korkmaz, Luwawu. Bembry. All these guys over Cousins, hands down. Ulis is a guy I cant decide on. Just cant get past his height. Give the guy 2 more inches and he's a lottery pick.

I doubt Jackson, Valentine, Richardson, or Baldwin are there. Yes, I'd take Beasley, too. Missing my point, tho. It's still a major crapshoot.

I love jackson. He wont be there at 24. If he is, giddy up. He can play with simmons.

011-13.jpg

Reactions: tomjackleman
Cool. I wan't feeling those Teague to Sixers rumors from a week or so ago.

Weird trade for Jazz. Hill is what, 32? They planning on making a run at Thunder, Warriors, Spurs or something in next 2 yrs? That deal probably slides them into 7th or 8th spot in west for a couple years. Goodie.

Weird trade for Jazz. Hill is what, 32? They planning on making a run at Thunder, Warriors, Spurs or something in next 2 yrs? That deal probably slides them into 7th or 8th spot in west for a couple years. Goodie.

I guess they thought the #12 wouldn't push the needle much for them. Solid vet to possibly help bring Exum along.

BOS is dying to get Hayward off of them, too. Stevens wants his boy.

realistically does a 11-30 draft pick really mean anything? most times after the top 3 sometimes just the #1 means little to an NBA team. people are saying Bender will be a top 5 pick and may not even come over to the states for a few years.

the draft always intrigues me cause I like seeing the players realize a dream but in reality how many players will help an NBA franchise long term?

Bender played 13 mins a game and avg 5 pts per game. how is he a top draft pick? cause teams are pissed they missed out on Porzingis this kid is going to benefit?

i like Dunn in the this draft cause he has a position. a pure PG with size , length and athleticism. even Simmons and Ingram are question marks to how good they can be.

Rose - what could have been, injuries curbed his career.

Can the Knicks get rid of Melo? or are they locked into watching him labor up and down the court and complain when they lose?

Knicks are trying to clear cap space. Rose is in a contract year so he comes off the books after next season if they dont resign him.

Love doesnst have a whole lot of value right now with his salary. I guess Cleveland keeps him? since they did win it.

Knicks will sell some tickets this year. Otherwise, whatever.

Look for the Knicks to go after Howard, Pau, or Noah, too. It's worth a shot, I guess. Probably good enough to be 3-5 seed in East for a year or two if it all shakes out right.

geeze is someone really gonna give Dwight Howard a max deal? havent NBA GMs learned anything from his time in LA and Houston.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I'm glad to see the Sixers not trading any of these young assets for aging veterans. So far.

college ft shooting is more predictive of nba 3 point shooting than college 3 point shooting

dunn was under 70% all three years

he can't shoot and he turns it over way too much

probably would have gone in the 20s last year

i hate okafor and i would make the trade just to get rid of him, but they really should be able to get more

Why should they get more in your mind? You've already stated numerous times what to hate about Oakfor. So why would a team give up more than the 3rd pick? Assuming, they see the same things you do.

Also, put the hate/annoying parts of Onafor to the side for a minute? If your PHO would you really want the Chriss kid at #4 over Okafor?

i would rather have nothing than okafor

a team that's trading for him must mistakenly think he's good, though

rather have bradley and 26 then dunn at 3

i think bender is the 3rd best player in this draft. then probably brown

It's stunning to me that even after a year in the pros some guys don't understand why okafor stinks in the modern nba. He's awful.

It's stunning to me that even after a year in the pros some guys don't understand why okafor stinks in the modern nba. He's awful.

You and JG are the only two people saying he stinks. Like, in America. Way to harsh and unreasonable. When I read some real basketball people say it, then I'll jump on board to that level. JG knows hoops, but his hate for Duke, his dad, and that the kid rubs him the wrong way just has him going crazy on the topic.

It's stunning to me that after 53 NBA games from a 19/20 year old, who went for a respectable 17-7, that there are people sho say such player stinks. And he's first on my list to trade, but he doesn't stink and he's capable of improvement.

Last edited:
He gave 25 per game. Sorry, not impressed he scored 17 on an awful team where he got the ball. Empty numbers.

He gave 25 per game. Sorry, not impressed he scored 17 on an awful team where he got the ball. Empty numbers.

Not saying your wrong, but can you show me some documentation on him giving up 25 a game?

Yea, the Sixers backcourt did wonders for his development.

Again, he has flaws and shortcomings. Also, maybe you prefer a style of play that does t for his skill set. I get all of that. But he doesn't t stink.

What do you think they're going to do, construct a roster of 12-15 perfect players?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT