ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

He gave 25 per game. Sorry, not impressed he scored 17 on an awful team where he got the ball. Empty numbers.
This might be true but they better be sure Embiid is ready to go because Noel as good as he can be blocking shots, is not the answer at center because he gets dominated by bigger centers all the time.

How many bigger centers exist? You guys really don't understand how the game has changed. Name me the good, bigger centers on winning teams. Start with playoff teams: go

How about RPM which has Okafor rated as the worst center in the league by a wide margin? He's an inefficient black hole on offense, and a train wreck on the defensive side.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/RPM/position/9

This is where burrs resorts to his eye test and that he actually watches the games except for the fact that RPM generally aligns very well with the eye test, outside of some wonky PG numbers occasionally.

His defensive rating was one of the worst in history. The guy sucks and fact burrs doesn't get it makes me laugh because he thinks he knows so much about hoops. He's clueless.

Reactions: tomjackleman
This might be true but they better be sure Embiid is ready to go because Noel as good as he can be blocking shots, is not the answer at center because he gets dominated by bigger centers all the time.

Yea, can't wait to see what happens with Embiid. You really not going to know that for two years.

Noel is fine at center if you have better players at other positions. When he played center for an entire season, as a rookie, he produced historic defensive efficiency numbers. He's 22. He'll get stronger.

His defensive rating was one of the worst in history. The guy sucks and fact burrs doesn't get it makes me laugh because he thinks he knows so much about hoops. He's clueless.

I know more than you. Get me one reputable BB guy to say he sucks. Please, just one. You take it to far.

He sucks. Can't defend, can't stretch the floor, can't board, can't rim protect. Those are what centers do now. Do you watch the playoffs. You see then posting centers and clogging the lane? The guy is a dinosaur. You are absolutely clueless as to how the game has evolved, clueless.

Reactions: NickleDimer
How about RPM which has Okafor rated as the worst center in the league by a wide margin? He's an inefficient black hole on offense, and a train wreck on the defensive side.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/RPM/position/9

This is where burrs resorts to his eye test and that he actually watches the games except for the fact that RPM generally aligns very well with the eye test, outside of some wonky PG numbers occasionally.

No, I know he's bad at defense. I know he has a lot of work to do on both ends. I attribute that to his inexperience and never really having to guard at this level. He's the guy I want them to trade. I just don't think he stinks and that he's hopeless.

He sucks. Can't defend, can't stretch the floor, can't board, can't rim protect. Those are what centers do now. Do you watch the playoffs. You see then posting centers and clogging the lane? The guy is a dinosaur. You are absolutely clueless as to how the game has evolved, clueless.

Dude, I see how the game is evolving. Doesn't mean it stays that way forever. Regardless of that, but how many times do I say he's the player I want to trade? I just think you're over the top.

Also, I'm pretty sure his defense at the rim was respectable. Granted the pick-and-roll stuff was disasterous.

Dude, I see how the game is involving. Doesn't mean it stays that way forever. Regardless of that, but how many times do I say he's the player I want to trade?

Cap tip to all involved. +400 on this bad boy. Well done. Tomorrow we're having a draft party and the DP's will be popping champagne all night. The future is coming in 5-10 years. Oh, and okafor stinks.

It's stunning to me that after 53 NBA games from a 19/20 year old, who went for a respectable 17-7, that there are people sho say such player stinks. And he's first on my list to trade, but he doesn't stink and he's capable of improvement.

oh for christian fuchs sake

he put up 17 and 7 on a 10 win team

he came to a walking punchline of a team AND MADE THEM WORSE

changing gears for a minute because I find this fascinating.

The Kings have the 8th pick but it's being reported that they worked out just one player in ESPN's Top 30 (Baldwin) and haven't got medicals on most of the top 10. Completely shunned by agents.

The pick swap next year and future 1st just might mean something.

This article has to be crap. The Bulls traded him for straight trash.

Im starting to agree with ADP here BUT Okafur's trade value is now at an all time low. dont trade him yet simply cause Dunn or Heild for that matter are not worth it. Murray may be but not for Dunn/Heild (i think both will be a good back up on a good team). Next years draft is going to be loaded with guards. way better than this years. you have the Lakers pick next year and youre own. Simmons is not making this team better next season unless Saric actually comes over to play andf Okafur and Embiid are healthy. Go one more year or even half year with Oakfur and trade him when his value goes up. Im not sure the #3 pick helps you this year. they need a PG but im not sure a 22 yr old Dunn is the answer longterm. i dont like Baldwin, Beasely or really anyone in this years draft at guard less Murray. I have heard nothing that the Sixers are interested in Murray.

the Lakers passed up on Okafur last season at #2 so im not sure why they would trade #2 for him this season. so it looks like its Boston or nothing.

its also hard to trade Okafur because i personally dont think Embiid will ever play. Noel is limited offensively and who knows about Saric. so you trade your only low post scorer and youre let with 3 guys who cant score and one of the 3 who cant get on the floor due to injury. i think the Sixers need to wait and see what Embiid does before trading Oakfur.

and like I said you are likely to have two top 5 picks next season. yours and the Lakers.

It's easy to trade Okafor, he stinks. His trade value isn't going to ever be great. The skills he lacks are not something he'll learn. He won't learn to block shots, he won't learn to become a better rebounder, he won't learn to move his feet quicker and guard the screen and roll. He can get better. However, you've got a guy who is not explosive, can't guard in space, has a low basketball IQ and is a knucklehead off the court. This was a blown pick from the jump. This is a case where if he stayed in school and scouts saw him more he would have gone later in the draft. It would have become obvious to everyone he couldn't guard a chair and has very little explosiveness. They had a stat where he didn't win a single jump ball at Duke. The biggest guy on the court lost every jump ball at the college level. Think about that and what it means in terms of his explosiveness. The guy stinks to high heavens and the more he plays the more obvious it will become.

Go back to the title game at Duke. Duke was actually better when they moved Amile to the 5, put Winslow at the 4 and played small ball. Hello, that's called the NBA. Your 5 must be able to guard switches, protect the rim, rebound and help spread the floor/play in the pick and roll. Okafor does none of those at even a good level. He's AWFUL at each of those skills. Somewhere Phil Jackson is laughing at Hinkie.

what happened did he not sign an autograph for you or something? i have never seen a non CoPer hate a meaningless CoP player more than you hate Okafur.

He symbolizes the tank for me. You mess up multiple seasons to draft an injured center, a center that sucks and a Euro who doesn't come over. Then you see the product (Okafor or the tank more broadly) and you have people who cannot think for themselves convinced it wasn't a disaster. Okafor and the tank are one in the same to me. Combine with the fact the guy's game doesn't make sense in the NBA anymore and it's just so freaking obvious and can be backed up by data. The entire thing pisses me off to no end moreso because of the stupidity of the people who defend Okafor and "the process" more broadly.

Okafor sucks so badly they can't even get the #3 pick for him in a draft where everyone wants to shed picks.

ADP, how much more are you going to repeat yourself? Your point has been made. Everyone gets it. And for the most part everyone is ok with moving Okafor and sees his deficiencies. Take a breath, bro.

thats why its so hard to build through the draft and the tank may ultimately be a failure. since Lebron who has come in and changed a franchise? KD and Westbrook. back to back which was a steal. Portland taking Oden saved OKCs/Seattle's franchise. how is the world could you not see Oden was going to be a bust. same with Embiid in my mind
these players are so hard to come by. im not sure how to build an NBA franchise. is it luck? being the worst team at the right time?

i mean the Sixers roster could be Towns, Wiggins, Noel, Simmons if the balls bounced the right way.

so overall draft success since 2003 that literally changed a franchise over night.

Cleveland - Lebron, Kyrie
OKC - KD and Westbrook
GS - Curry and Thompson
Bulls - D Rose
Orlando - Howard.
Charlotte- Paul

Until you cry uncle.

Knock yourself out. He's the guy I want to go. I'm just not over-the-top harsh like you. And until you show me one reputable BB guy that calls him what you do then I'll never take your casual BB views seriously. Beat it.

ADP - i agree with you. go look at the previous 13 years of drafts. when in doubt take the GUARD. you are right bigs rarely work out. the last big to be really good was probably Dwight Howard.

how does Detroit take Darko over Bosh, Wade and Melo. are you serious? who made that move? Chris Kaman went 6th in that draft.

its the same with Elleson and the kid from Utah. they cant play in todays NBA and they both will go top 10. makes no sense. id rather trade the pick to move up next year.

Knock yourself out. He's the guy I want to go. I'm just not over-the-top harsh like you. And until you show me one reputable BB guy that calls him what you do then I'll never take your casual BB views seriously. Beat it.
Actually agree with burrs, adp, you are so over the top with hatred for Okafor.

I don't think Noel gets a pass. His hands aren't good and he'll never be able to shoot. But I like him as an energy guy, that will rebound, blocks shots, get tons of deflections, and can run to the rim. On a good team if he got you, 10-12 ppg, 9-10 rpg, 2 bis, 2 steals, then that would be ideal. He's still really young.

I don't think Noel gets a pass. His hands aren't good and he'll never be able to shoot. But I like him as an energy guy, that will rebound, blocks shots, get tons of deflections, and can run to the rim. On a good team if he got you, 10-12 ppg, 9-10 rpg, 2 bis, 2 steals, then that would be ideal. He's still really young.
He's not younger than Okafor.

Child please. Too soon to tell? A blind man can see it. Every data points says it for you. Use data. It was bust you up that I have correctly predicted watching 5 sixer games what you couldn't do watching all of them. Recognize what the data told us....Okafor sucks.

Last edited:
Child please. Too soon to tell? A blind man can see it. Every data points says it for you. Use data.
Sam-Hinkie.jpg

over here...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT