ADVERTISEMENT

20 Minutes of Action

Would have been zero if he played a real sport, like Baylor Football.

giphy.gif

Petitions flying all over FB to get the judge kicked off the bench.

Big shocker that some rich white swimmer from Stanford got off on lesser charges.

He deserves more time in prison, but the fact that he has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and people will see that he raped someone whenever they Google his name have deservedly ruined him forever.

Big shocker that some rich white swimmer from Stanford got off on lesser charges.

He deserves more time in prison, but the fact that he has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and people will see that he raped someone whenever they Google his name have deservedly ruined him forever.
So because he's white he deserves a harsher sentence than all of the black world class athletes that rape people? Athletes don't get punished in this country, race notwithstanding.

What a terrible family. Maybe had they not enabled this kids douchebaggery his whole life he wouldn't have thought it was ok to rape a girl. I'm sorry - I don't care how into you a girl was at some point in the night. Alcohol is no excuse for taking advantage of someone that is passed out.

I have not really followed this or have a grasp of the details. My understanding is he and this girl got blasted at a party and then he abused her while she was passed out behind a dumpster? Is that accurate? If not, how. If so, why would anyone defend this kid. If it were my daughter he would need witness protection.

Reactions: NovaHoops2002
Pretty much. Not sure of the exact details about how she ended up outside - lured or not - but the guy was on top of her half naked body when 2 grad students were biking by and they yelled at him and he got up and ran away before one of them tackled him and called the cops.

That's worse than I understood. If accurate, Why would anyone defend this kid?

This is one of those bullshit hot button issues that social media blowhards love to opine about, so i am suspicious of anything i hear on the story.

As I understand it, the girl was passed out after a party outside, Brock found her and tried to nail her, got busted, and then was sentenced very leniently. Is that accurate?

Brock Landers?

I read that one of the grad student witnesses was so shaken up by it that he was crying after seeing what happened.

I have not really followed this or have a grasp of the details. My understanding is he and this girl got blasted at a party and then he abused her while she was passed out behind a dumpster? Is that accurate? If not, how. If so, why would anyone defend this kid. If it were my daughter he would need witness protection.
That's pretty much the details as the press has reported them, adp. It's a mind boggling sentence for such a dispicable act.

That's worse than I understood. If accurate, Why would anyone defend this kid?

Please don't misconstrue this as defending the kid's actions. But....

Her actions led to her being blacked out and near unconscious. His actions led to him nearly blacking out and trying to have sex with a drunk girl. He is not a previous rapist, so i assume alcohol played a major part in his decision to go after her. Then while it was taking place he thought she liked it because she was rubbing his back.

When you ask, "who could defend this kid?", one could argue he doesn't deserve 14 years in maximum security prison for a terrible drunken decision.
Dont get me wrong, hes a scumbag and deserves to be punished with prison. But alcohol fueled this whole thing, both his and her circumstance. Then he committed a felony.

But what if he didn't know she didn't want it?

Im not saying that's the case. But that is the reason someone would defend him. That is why we all have the right to defense. For someone to give their own account instead of just hers.

Sure, he got 6 months not 14 years. Then his dad writes a letter so tone deaf he should be throw in jail. So is the defense he should have gotten nothing when it appears t he facts surrounding the case are not in question? I'm trying to understand what we are defending. He got off easy given his side is not debating the facts but the punishment.

Sure, he got 6 months not 14 years. Then his dad writes a letter so tone deaf he should be throw in jail. So is the defense he should have gotten nothing when it appears t he facts surrounding the case are not in question? I'm trying to understand what we are defending. He got off easy given his side is not debating the facts but the punishment.

He deserves a defense no matter what. Maximum sentence possible was 14 years. He deserved a defense to lessen that, if it were applicable. The courts decided 14 years was not appropriate. So that in itself should show there is some validity to the right to a defense.

But regardless, here is what I'm getting at.....

Many times in my life I have gone out on a date with a girl, we've gotten drunk, gone home and had sex. Or I've met a girl at a bar/party/club, we've gotten drunk, gone home and had sex. What if one of those girls turned around the next day and said I raped her because she was drunk?
I was also drunk. I don't like that that threat exists if we're both in an inebriated state.

(I realize Brock's case is different. But the point is, because a drunk girl cries rape doesn't mean the kid shouldn't have a defense.)

My initial post was more about the father's letter. His poor son doesn't even enjoy steak after this ordeal!

Reactions: Chimpat
He deserves a defense no matter what. Maximum sentence possible was 14 years. He deserved a defense to lessen that, if it were applicable. The courts decided 14 years was not appropriate. So that in itself should show there is some validity to the right to a defense.

But regardless, here is what I'm getting at.....

Many times in my life I have gone out on a date with a girl, we've gotten drunk, gone home and had sex. Or I've met a girl at a bar/party/club, we've gotten drunk, gone home and had sex. What if one of those girls turned around the next day and said I raped her because she was drunk?
I was also drunk. I don't like that that threat exists if we're both in an inebriated state.

(I realize Brock's case is different. But the point is, because a drunk girl cries rape doesn't mean the kid shouldn't have a defense.)

Is that what happened here? I thought she was out cold and he was on top of her. Again, if these are in dispute I'm with you. The father has not argued against any of this but complained the punishment was too severe. It appears given he was found guilty the punishment was in fact lenient. Everyone deserves a defense. It appears he lost his in the court of law and the issue is not with that decision but the severity of the punishment. Which appears on the lenient side. It appears the father and son refuse to accept any responsibility for what occured. We all agree there is a slippery slope in terms of alcohol and rape etc....the kid and his family do not appear to be arguing what was alleged to have occured in fact occured. So your scenario doesn't apply.

Is that what happened here? I thought she was out cold and he was on top of her. Again, if these are in dispute I'm with you. The father has not argued against any of this but complained the punishment was too severe. It appears given he was found guilty the punishment was in fact lenient. Everyone deserves a defense. It appears he lost his in the court of law and the issue is not with that decision but the severity of the punishment. Which appears on the lenient side. It appears the father and son refuse to accept any responsibility for what occured. We all agree there is a slippery slope in terms of alcohol and rape etc....the kid and his family do not appear to be arguing what was alleged to have occured in fact occured. So your scenario doesn't apply.

I heard that he thought she was into it because she was rubbing his back.

Whatever, I'm not here to defend the kid. If he raped her, he's a dirtball.

Really I just wanted everyone to know I've been laid a couple times. Big time....

hqdefault.jpg

Nice, keep pounding....just make sure the girl is awake.

OK, I just read the girl's impact statement.

So these things happened, allegedly....

- He's a Freshman. She is the older sister of a girl invited to the party.
- They were dancing and kissing at the party.
- He was also kissing other girls, including her sister.
- She got really, really drunk. So drunk that her boyfriend got worried about her after talking to her on the phone.
- Brock asked her back to his dorm, and she may have said yes.
- She next remembers waking up in the hospital being given the rape test.
- He claims they were kissing outside and they fell on the ground.
- He took her bra and underwear off and fingered her.
- The two guys on bikes came by and he ran. One of the guys on the bikes caught him, and that's how it ended.

Reactions: NickleDimer
So if he thought she was into it b/c she was rubbing his back (allegedly), why did he get up and run away when the bikers approached?

If he was involved in consensual sexo, he woulda told the bikers to go away... covered her up... helped her up to go somewhere else... etc.

He knew he was caught doing something wrong so he tried to flee.

Guy should have read the "Prostitution" thread where tjc said "Sex should always be a mutually agreed to experience IMO." In other words, don't rape people. This guy broke the golden rule!

Blackbirds don't make canaries. Maybe share a cell with Affluenza kid's old lady.

So if he thought she was into it b/c she was rubbing his back (allegedly), why did he get up and run away when the bikers approached?

If he was involved in consensual sexo, he woulda told the bikers to go away... covered her up... helped her up to go somewhere else... etc.

He knew he was caught doing something wrong so he tried to flee.

If you're banging someone out in a public space and someone approaches, if you don't know she's passed out, wouldn't you assume she'd get up and run too?

Is it just me or does Rayhad always chime in with comments to alert everyone that he wants to bang one of these scum bags. He did the same thing with the kid who started a fight of bacon mac and cheese @Uconn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT