ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Music

Yeah they were the headliner at sea of dreams NYE out here 2 years ago and crushed it. Also caught them at gov ball. Goin' git real dirty.

Went to Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday night. Caught the last few Beyoncé songs and Pearl Jam's full set. No beer sales so chose to get some food and drinks close by before heading in and timed it pretty well. Always fun seeing PJ, short set but Eddie and Beyoncé singing Redemption Song was pretty cool. Bill Nye on stage for Rockin In The Free World was pretty random, but funny.

Cityfox at Brooklyn Mirage (last show there) Saturday was beyond epic with Adriatique playing an extended set from 1-7 AM. If you're in L.A. Oct. 24 the next Cityfox lineup there is again superb with Dixon, Atish, Adriatique, et.al.

Anyone go to Tomorrowland? Tens of thousands of people stranded when the mud from day long downpours resulted in them cancelling the final day. Shuttle buses, taxis and Uber couldn't get to the site to pick people up. Single day ticket people were forced to sleep in the mud, on top of cars or on the road until they could be picked up.
http://nypost.com/2015/09/29/thousands-sleep-in-mud-after-rain-at-music-festival/

Anyone go to Tomorrowland? Tens of thousands of people stranded when the mud from day long downpours resulted in them cancelling the final day. Shuttle buses, taxis and Uber couldn't get to the site to pick people up. Single day ticket people were forced to sleep in the mud, on top of cars or on the road until they could be picked up.
http://nypost.com/2015/09/29/thousands-sleep-in-mud-after-rain-at-music-festival/

Yes, i was there.
The last two sets of the night were Afrojack and then Hardwell. After Afrojack my lady and I left with no particular interest in Hardwell, but the place was getting more and more crammed as Afrojack was finishing.
We left after that set, walked through some mud, got right on our bus passed out and got home fine.
We must have been one of the last buses out, because like 20 minutes later they cancelled all buses and ubers. And then the show ended. So 80,000 people left the place with literally nowhere to go.
We were going to hit all 3 days, but i got an email Sunday morning as we were getting dressed for the show that it was canceled. We had no idea why.
Then i hit the internet and saw the absolute hell we just missed. It was like when i slept through Sandy on the upper east side. Just had no idea it hit.

Our personal experience was that we had a blast on Friday and Saturday. But we were very very lucky.

I would not recommend it based on how poorly it was planned and how little they seened to give a shit about people. But we had a good time.

Reactions: Chimpat
Eberzzz..... saw on IG that you were at MMJ last night? How was the show?

Eberzzz..... saw on IG that you were at MMJ last night? How was the show?

it was legit. first time seeing them live, have seen jim james at bonnaroo before but never w/ mmj. they're playing 3 nights here so it wasn't as crowded last night but lively crowd. he started off with some darker ballad type songs and then they gradually built to a crescendo, think they did a 5 song encore, almost like a mini set. very very impressed with them, not sure if j-james took the exact same amount of molly as i did but boy did we seem to be on the same page.

treasure island tomorrow then out to the bars at 4:45 am for ireland/argentina. gonna be a fun weekend.

Glad to hear it was a good one. I'm seeing them again in about a month.

Sounds like a good weekend lined up.

Nashville update....

Isbell at the Ryman was phenomenal. Great crowd, awesome venue.
ACME was a good call, went there Saturday during the day to watch college football up on the roof. Great time.
Tons of great musicians just playing from bar to bar. Cool city, will be back.

Was supposed to hit django django on Friday night but last minute bought a flight back east and did the whole Jmu game day experience.

Hot chip this Thursday night. Most anticipated show of this fall run for me.

us-1031-754573-626556-front.jpg

Finished my list last night of my favorite 50 songs of 2015. Link below has the full list with a video of each song along with a short writeup. If you have spotify, you can search for my id: tremags33 and the playlist is streaming on there as well. Here's the list of songs....

Lord Huron - Love Like Ghosts
My Morning Jacket - In It's Infancy (The Waterfall)
Torres - New Skin
Beirut - No No No
Dawes - Right On Time
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
The White Buffalo - I Got You
Langhorne Slim - Southern Belles
Lucero - Went Looking For Warren Zevon's Los Angeles
Titus Andronicus - Mr. E. Mann
John Moreland - You Don't Care For Me Enough To Cry
Jason Isbell - Palmetto Rose
Saintseneca - River
EL VY - Paul Is Alive
Drake - Hotline Bling
Brandi Carlile - The Eye
Beach Slang - Bad Art & Weirdo Ideas
Florence & The Machine - Ship to Wreck
Father John Misty - When You're Smiling and Astride Me
Courtney Barnett - Depreston
Ryan Adams - Out of the Woods (Taylor Swift Cover)
Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimpin
Chris Stapleton - Fire Away
Death Cab For Cutie - No Room In Frame
Sufjan Stevens - Death With Dignity
Natalie Prass - My Baby Don't Understand Me
Houndmouth - For No One
The Lone Bellow - Take My Love
Destroyer - Dream Lover
Alessia Cara - Here
Modest Mouse - Ansel
Lord Huron - Fool For Love
San Fermin - Emily
Josh Ritter - Homecoming
My Morning Jacket - Believe (Nobody Knows)
Brian Fallon - A Wonderful Life
Gary Clark Jr. - Church
Beach Slang - Noisy Heaven
Leon Bridges - Smooth Sailin'
Matthew Good - Tiger By The Tail
City & Colour - Friends
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - I've Been Failing
Car Seat Headrest - Something Soon
Jason Isbell - Hudson Commodore
Iron & Wine and Ben Bridwell - This Must Be The Place (Talking Heads cover)
Ryan Adams - How Much Light
Baroness - Shock Me
Alabama Shakes - Don't Wanna Fight
Big Grams - Lights On
My Morning Jacket - I Love You All The Time (Eagles of Death Metal cover)

http://thetremagazine.blogspot.com/2016/01/50-favorite-songs-of-2015.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT