ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Offers

any insight where the kicking game is headed this yr and into thee near future wrt recruits? Tom

any insight where the kicking game is headed this yr and into thee near future wrt recruits? Tom

The kickers for 2015 are Steven Weyler (So.) & walk on frosh Gerard Smith. Hopefully either 1 will be an adequate kicker this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericw
To be honest I won't be comfortable till I see a couple FGs under pressure and consistant xtra pts. Tom

To be honest I won't be comfortable till I see a couple FGs under pressure and consistant xtra pts. Tom
Tom You can be comfortable because this year's Wildcats will be a scoring machine.
While the jury is still out on the kicking game, the rest of the offense will be strong.

I really hope a few of these freshman running backs/receivers who have quite the high school resumes can contribute right away. Imagine if Robertson had the same weapons (Szczur, Harvey and White) that Whitney had.
I also hope the preferred walk-on kicker from New York kicks well enough to earn a scholarship next year! Cats have to get that mess straightened out in 2015.

I really hope a few of these freshman running backs/receivers who have quite the high school resumes can contribute right away. Imagine if Robertson had the same weapons (Szczur, Harvey and White) that Whitney had.
I also hope the preferred walk-on kicker from New York kicks well enough to earn a scholarship next year! Cats have to get that mess straightened out in 2015.
The recruiting class of 2014 was a very good one for our Cats. Steve Weyler was a player Coach Talley said "We really like him. He has been consistent since his freshman year(All-Catholic 9th, 10th 11th and 12th grade)I think he can be our kicker right away" Delaware County Times 2-8-14 in a story about Nova's recruits One player who could have an immediate impact is Weyler, the two time All-Delco kicker from Cardinal O'Hara. The loss of Hamilton is a big one. He handled both the kicking and punting duties the last three years. Talley said he usually splits a scholarship between a kicker and a punter, but Weyler's ability to do both earned him a full ride.

The recruiting class of 2014 was a very good one for our Cats. Steve Weyler was a player Coach Talley said "We really like him. He has been consistent since his freshman year(All-Catholic 9th, 10th 11th and 12th grade)I think he can be our kicker right away" Delaware County Times 2-8-14 in a story about Nova's recruits One player who could have an immediate impact is Weyler, the two time All-Delco kicker from Cardinal O'Hara. The loss of Hamilton is a big one. He handled both the kicking and punting duties the last three years. Talley said he usually splits a scholarship between a kicker and a punter, but Weyler's ability to do both earned him a full ride.

I'm with you Ed. Let's give the Weyler kid a chance. We'll chalk up last season to freshman jitters.

Feel free to post any offers that you may know:

OT Lucas Niang holds 13 offers.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/826793/highlights/214187375/v2#

Two offers to very good Phila players may be a reach for VU as both have many FBS offers.
Tymir Oliver DL 6-3 265 West Catholic and Joncarlo Valentin OL6-5 290 Impoh High

Two offers to very good Phila players may be a reach for VU as both have many FBS offers.
Tymir Oliver DL 6-3 265 West Catholic and Joncarlo Valentin OL6-5 290 Impoh High
I think Zach Kerxton 6-0 180 from Haymarket,VA has a Nova visit scheduled for today June 11. Has offers from JMU, Towson, Cornell.

Gangtackle thank you so much for helping to keep us informed. I knew this recruit had a VU campus visit on June 11. Nova will graduate six WRs after the coming season. Thus WRs are an important recruiting area. Cats also usually bring in a few O linemen each year.
I think last year Cats had about 10 commits by the end of June. Two so far. Important camp dates(very important) June 21 to 24 Grades 7 to 12, June 25 Grades 11 & 12 June 28 Grades 11 & 12 July 26 Grades 11 & 12
IMHO over the years Nova football staff has recruited very well. Good luck guys.
BtW Cats out recruited CAA rivals Towson and JMU. This kid is reported to be super fast. Good get.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT