ADVERTISEMENT

Army lost to Yale

DCFRANKLIN

VUSports.com All-American
Dec 19, 2007
Cadets were a bowl team under Jim Young during the '80s. Were ranked as recently as 1996. Once again things have come apart on the Hudson. Memo to Secretary of the Army: ISIS is laughing at your football team.

Army needs wins. Yet the program is so bad they can't even beat FCS teams. Damm shame.

Why over the last 10-15 years has Navy been so much better than Army? Thoughts?

I have wondered that coming out of Annapolis (unless you are a Marine or Navy Seal), you are less likely to be placed in harms's way on their subsequent deployments. Maybe from that standpoint, Annapolis is a more attractive option. Just a thought

Originally posted by paschall:
Why over the last 10-15 years has Navy been so much better than Army? Thoughts?
Army has not softened admissions as has Navy and Air Force.

DFW HOYA: Very interesting. Didn't know that. That would certainly make a difference.

I hope this works. Old newsreel of Army-VU in the 1940s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmfQ09iTfc

Several of my close friends are West Point guys. I tell them if we played them in football we would definitely beat them. They don't think we would have a shot. Would love to get them on the schedule and show them how wrong they are. We would destroy them.

I remember in the early 90's going to see Villanova play at Annapolis. I think the score was like 21-20 with Navy winning. It was a great trip. Would really to get either one of the schools back on the schedule now that I think about it.

Big fan of the Military Academy's .......would love to see Nova play them; they used to. Saw Joe Belino. Would need to be at a neutral site or at West Point or Annapolis.

I don't buy the "harm's way" argument. As the parent of a USAF Vet of the Afghan War, I learned the brass finds plenty of harm to send all branches into. Although I will say USMC was hit harder than USNA during the Vietnam era, that cannot stand as an explanation for the last 20 years of futility at The Point.

Harvard recently wanted to upgrade the quality of their athletic programs for various reasons, standards were lowered, Yale is following suit. It may be easier for some athletes to get into Yale than West Point. Army has lacked any continuity in their football program. Perhaps following Villanova in this area would be a step in the right direction.

Still would like an East Coast FBS football conference and not convinced that going from 63 scholarships to 73 or the limit of 85 would break the university. Army, UMass, JMU, Liberty, ODU, Charlotte, Temple, Delaware, UConn playing on Fox Sports and drawing 20-35,000 would be a lot better imo, than the current situation ( competing in a playoff game against some directional school 2 time zones away in front of family and friends) .

UMass needs a football home, Liberty and JMU are looking to move up, ODU and Charlotte are moving to conferences that make no sense, and Temple and UConn and move olympic sports to the A-10 and NBE reducing their costs.
Of course non of this will happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT