ADVERTISEMENT

Ash Wednesday

Greg Woodward

'Nova Nation Sensation
Feb 18, 2014
.....is DUMB.

One of the very many stupid Catholic rituals. Nothing I hate more than these employees who have to leave to go get ashes only to return looking like a dirty homeless person.

Is any religious tradition not dumb? For the most part it's all antiquated and probably the reason why religion is less and less important to most people (educated people at least).

A patient said to me, "oh you have ashes, I didn't know you were Catholic"

I replied, "Well, I am, but these ashes are actually from when a flash mob jumped me on the subway and put a Newport out on my forehead"

No one...ok

20130205_kkt_sv7_421.0.jpg

im fine with Ash wed. i dont go to mass on ash wed but i try to attend regularly at Nova (i live nearby). i have my issues with the catholic church but something about mass as Nova makes me feel good.

anything worse than good friday? we had to go to 3PM mass at Annunciation in Havertown with my grandmom then eat Shad with the bones in it and other nasty foods. why make children suffer.

shad? really? its greasy and has so many bones in it or at least when my grandmom made it. the old people loved the roe too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT