ADVERTISEMENT

Atlantic Think Piece Roundup

Yep and the 8 dollar rent a cop is not middle class which was the reference in the article. We can have an honest coversation or we can't. Public sector jobs have published data you can track. I clearly proved my point. The medium salary for a cop in NJ was 90K in 2010. The starting salary for a state trooper is 62+. That is starting salary day one. If you want to argue we have a horrific savings rate i agree, but that's a problem across the income spectrum. Thats not a middle class problem that's a systemic problem in this country at every income level. Thats the discussion we should be having. It's not middle class shame, it's American shame because it's really expensive to live in certain parts of this country amd we suck at saving. Part of the jones theory. You think that isnlimited to the middle class you are nuts. This guy was trying to rationline his own stupidity to feel better about himself. We should also have an honest conversation about education, debt and home ownership. We do not do any of these things and it's a systemic failure not restricted to any one class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT