ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore riots

I was going to type the exact thing tjc.

It's great that that woman appears to be a good moms and cares for her kid. BUT...

how in the hell would she ever expect to make it out of the ghetto being a single moms to six kids?
Damn near impossible. Tons of households just like hers in the hood.

But I guess it's "the man's" fault she can't make it out of the hood and get her kids away from the horrible influences around her.

Is it hard to get out of the ghetto? I'm sure it is. But it's probably a lot easier if you aren't poppin out kids every few years.

Cyclical behavior.

Plenty of people make it out of the ghetto and lead better lives; they just act somewhat responsible. Ya know... go to school... use birth control... have goals besides being a rapper or pro athlete.... etc

Last edited:
The vast majority of slaves in North America & the Caribbean in the 17th century were Irish. So the experience was quite similar; in many ways worse if you're interested enough to research. It's a pretty simple conclusion that can be drawn; many ethnic groups in this country have overcome horrendous racism to become educated, prosperous and productive. Rather than take a racist approach about the ability of blacks to succeed in this country - and a contest on comparing the hardships they and other non WASPs have faced - it's time to have an honest dialogue about what is working (charter schools for example) for that community and what's not.
So the Irish were brought to America as chattel style slaves like blacks? ...then faced systemic discrimination in the form of decades of jim crow like policies? And I assume you are talking about the west indies with your reference to the 17th and 18th century.. many of the Irish there were were forced laborers akin to how the Brits established Australia as a penal colony [edited to add: that many others made the trip voluntarily to become indentured servants]. They weren't chattel slaves.. its actually quite a distinction. As is the one between indentured servitude and slavery.. though many like to use the terms interchangeably when pushing their agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: kjbert
0 black people in my cell phone contacts list as well. i did have sex with a black girl once but she (hate) crime scened my bed and i never got her #.

Adjusting my guess down to less than 3% of Benchwarmers with an African-American pal in their cell phone directory.

latest

I am in the double digits in terms of the number of black people on my cell phone. Never really thought about it because I don't care what race people are. People are individuals but I thought everyone knew that.
Don't mess this up with common sense, CW. The race baiters see racists around every corner and on every newsgroup. You're just not paying attention.

I think I have more black people on my cell phone than whites. I am way ahead of the VUSports curve, Strick. Damn, I feel good about that.

Ahh....The ever-popular, "you want to talk about what happened 200 years ago as an excuse...." narrative. It's the most simple-minded, ignorant thing a white person can utter in discussions such as these.
Then you just keep talking about that burrs. After all, that's a really good way to help solve the problem. Why talk about things like charter schools, adult responsibility for having babies, creating a sense of human dignity with a path to a good job? Let's just beat the slavery drum and blame everything on whitey! Talk about a simple minded approach to a serious problem! Maybe you should become a politician with that kind of thinking.

Ahh....The ever-popular, "you want to talk about what happened 200 years ago as an excuse...." narrative. It's the most simple-minded, ignorant thing a white person can utter in discussions such as these.
Does that account for all white people or just some? Clearly though, all white people were created equally from birth. o_O

Does that account for all white people or just some? Clearly though, all white people were created equally from birth. o_O
The Washington Post is just now reporting that another prisoner in the van with Freddy Gray said he was intentionally trying to hurt himself.

If true, that would make the second racial hoax of the year where there was significant destruction of property.

Yeah, probably not the best poster child to warrant change. Still, there's obviously a problem with over-use of lethal force by the police in this country, and there's white people getting killed too. That can be solved. But for zip codes like the one in question in Baltimore, that's really among the least of the problems. I don't have any idea how to solve the problem of recurring dis-function, but I do know that things are worse now in that neighborhood. And they will be worse for Baltimore in general too. Anyone into going to the Inner Harbor anytime soon? I know people who are thinking about skipping the Preakness for the first time in a long time.

Not one black person in your entire cell directory? Jesus Christ what is this, 1955? You are either 1) inherently racist, 2) very sheltered or 3) don't have many friends.

You clearly don't play much basketball if you don't know 1 damn black person well enough to store them in your cell contacts.

The Washington Post is just now reporting that another prisoner in the van with Freddy Gray said he was intentionally trying to hurt himself.

The other person in the police van could hear Freddy, but he could not see him since
there was a partition between them.

And
The other person in the police van could hear Freddy, but he could not see him since
there was a partition between them.
over/under on drugs in the system once toxicology report is finished 1.5. I've got the over.

WARNING:

Supposedly "Thug" is the new N-word. Use the word at your own risk.

No TJC that stuff needs to be addressed and improved upon, but to casually dismiss the effects of how black people were brought into this country and the effects afterwards is closed-minded. The "what happened 200 years ago" line is insensitive and really should never be part of the conversation, but that's just me.

No TJC that stuff needs to be addressed and improved upon, but to casually dismiss the effects of how black people were brought into this country and the effects afterwards is closed-minded. The "what happened 200 years ago" line is insensitive and really should never be part of the conversation, but that's just me.

It was less than 50 years that were not considered equal citizens. And without absolving them for whatever they self inflict, which is a lot, it's not hard to see plenty of bias remains today. Unless you think George ZImmerman would have followed a white kid for no reason too or cops in Cleveland would have arrived at that park guns blazing were it a white kid.

Anyone in the CoP getting out of work early? Don't think my office is doing it, but I know a few companies in my building are letting people out at 2:30 because of protests.

Anyone in the CoP getting out of work early? Don't think my office is doing it, but I know a few companies in my building are letting people out at 2:30 because of protests.

My firm sent out an email which included the sentence:

"Please know we are monitoring the situation carefully."

So, I should be covered.....

found a black person in my cell phone! former coworker, forgot she had my digits. pretty sure she's a lesbian as well, two birds one stone.

i would be VERY wary if i were going to the preakness this year and partying in the infield. for the years that we went there were thousands of african americans out there with stolen shopping carts offering to carry your coolers for you. they became less necessary as technology blessed us with the rolling coolers but i'd imagine many of those same upstanding individuals will be showing up with a different mindset.

Pretty sure you can't bring your own beers to Preakness anymore. I went a few years ago for the Mug Club, awesome time.

This country has more than compensated for that which is why it is no longer a viable reason for today. LBJ's Great Society followed by the War on Poverty have thrown 2 trillion dollars at the problem in the last 50 years and look at the results. It's time to turn the victim mentality into an effective program that will lead to human dignity not only for blacks but for all disadvantaged members of our society. The solution of just indiscriminately throwing money at it is downright stupid. It has NEVER worked and will NEVER work!

This country has more than compensated for that which is why it is no longer a viable reason for today. LBJ's Great Society followed by the War on Poverty have thrown 2 trillion dollars at the problem in the last 50 years and look at the results. It's time to turn the victim mentality into an effective program that will lead to human dignity not only for blacks but for all disadvantaged members of our society. The solution of just indiscriminately throwing money at it is downright stupid. It has NEVER worked and will NEVER work!

We threw 5 trillion at Iraq and others, and yet you want to keep that going....

btw - just curious - where did you come up with the figure of 2T?

Enacted in 1970, Title X of the Public Health Service Act provides access to contraceptive services, supplies and information to those in need.

Title X as a percentage of total public funding to family planning client services has steadily declined from 44% of total expenditures in 1980 to 12% in 2006.

It's time to turn the victim mentality into an effective program that will lead to human dignity not only for blacks but for all disadvantaged members of our society. The solution of just indiscriminately throwing money at it is downright stupid. It has NEVER worked and will NEVER work!

END SOCIAL SECURITY NOW!

what does the Philly is Baltimore protest do? does it get you a better paying job? does it stop the violence in your own neighborhood created by your own people? no. stay at work and dont commit crimes and you wont get shot by police. easy peasy.

....dont commit crimes and you wont get shot by police. easy peasy.

A) You just answered your own question; the protests are a means of explaining to crackers like you that this is not accurate.

B) If I commit a crime, I shouldn't be shot by police anyway.

A) You just answered your own question; the protests are a means of explaining to crackers like you that this is not accurate.

B) If I commit a crime, I shouldn't be shot by police anyway.
Unless the police officer's or civilian lives are at stack during this situation.

So now it's looking more and more like this guy was banging his head against the wall of the paddy wagon.

what does the Philly is Baltimore protest do? does it get you a better paying job? does it stop the violence in your own neighborhood created by your own people? no. stay at work and dont commit crimes and you wont get shot by police. easy peasy.

Because of high ticket prices whites might be in attendance at Major League Sports. And winners
and losers who are mostly white riot every year. We must not forget the the riots of racial America
when thousands of black people and communities were destroyed by white violence.
I condone neither.

Because of high ticket prices whites might be in attendance at Major League Sports. And winners
and losers who are mostly white riot every year. We must not forget the the riots of racial America
when thousands of black people and communities were destroyed by white violence.
I condone neither.
How about the white people who gave their lives to free the slaves or the white people who helped with the malaria and ebola outbreaks in Africa - shouldn't we remember them too? I condone both because all white people aren't bad as is also the case with people of every race & color.

This was obvious. Sorry but banging your own head against the wall even in a drug induced frenzy doesn't sever your spinal cord. At best you just knock yourself out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT