ADVERTISEMENT

Buddy Ryan Remembered

No, I've been to enough games to verify. Philly sports has earned it's moniker. As someone who's been subjected to a lot more fanbases/experiences, it doesn't happen everywhere.

I don't what your experiences are. 60%+ of people at Eagles' games aren't white trash. Way too high, but it does fit the narrative rather well.

When I go to games it's usually with a group of 50+. Sure, a couple of goofs might find their way into the group, but nowhere close to 30/35 of the 50 are anything close to a normal white trash definition.

what he did elsewhere is completely irrelevant to what i'm personally arguing, which is that i found the ryan era more entertaining and enjoyable than reid's decade coaching the eagles

ryan inherited a terrible team, made them a good one, but didn't win a playoff game in three tries. i don't see that as prolonged futility
I can agree with this point in that Ryan and his teams were tougher and certainly more entertaining. However, overall as a head coach, he doesn't compare with Reid.

I don't what your experiences are. 60%+ of people at Eagles' games aren't white trash. Way too high, but it does fit the narrative rather well.

When I go to games it's usually with a group of 50+. Sure, a couple of goofs might find their way into the group, but nowhere close to 30/35 of the 50 are anything close to a normal white trash definition.

Relax, you throw out generalizations about the Nova community on a daily basis. Give and take.

Relax, you throw out generalizations about the Nova community on a daily basis. Give and take.

Sometimes, but not daily. However, you won't go a day on here without some sort of unflattering/exaggerated CoP reference.

I like Burrs. He and I are both CoP lifers with similar backgrounds and tastes. I too detest people who think they are better than others. But we disagree here. Large segment of the fan base is trash, or at least behaves that way at games. I've only been to one pro football game not in Philly (Charlotte), and the crowd there was much more genteel

I like Burrs. He and I are both CoP lifers with similar backgrounds and tastes. I too detest people who think they are better than others. But we disagree here. Large segment of the fan base is trash, or at least behaves that way at games. I've only been to one pro football game not in Philly (Charlotte), and the crowd there was much more genteel

Yea, I'm sure the crowd in Charlotte is a bit more docile than here in the CoP. How about Eagles games vs games in CoDB?

I've been to a lot of Eagles' games and I never had a problem. Also, I haven't come across to many incidents that I would consider terribly out of hand. Maybe, I've been fortunate.

Yea, super reference. 30 handpicked dopes sent to the draft for the sole purpose of booing the pick. Case closed.,
burrs, I'm a Philly guy and fan of all the teams with the exception the Eagles. The Eagles fans are different than the rest of the COP team fans. Their desperation is obvious. They may change once or if the Birds ever win a SB.

I love Eagles fans and related to many. You are what you are. Burrs obviously has a hard time embracing the stereotype because he's lived his entire life and spent most of his entire existence with a very narrow view of the world. The CoP view. I grew up in West Virginia for crying out loud. You go to a game in Morgantown and I'm sure you'll have comments on WVU fans. Incredibly nice people but well, it's West Virginia for sure. And still some of my best friends with whom I see continue to do multiple family vacations a few times each year. Just own it. It's an observation based on experience not a judgement based on thinking you're better than anyone. Burrs, you wear the Dawkins jersey right?

Last edited:
Reactions: tomjackleman
I saw a CoPer this morning with a legit Kenny Powers mullet perm. I bet he's been arrested at the sports complex for disorderly conduct at least 3 times.

To be fair, a lot of people have hard time letting go of heroes....

12phillies.2.190.jpg

I love Eagles fans and related to many. You are what you are. Burrs obviously has a hard time embracing the stereotype because he's lived his entire life and spent most of his entire existence with a very narrow view of the world. The CoP view. I grew up in West Virginia for crying out loud. You go to a game in Morgantown and I'm sure you'll have comments on WVU fans. Incredibly nice people but well, it's West Virginia for sure. And still some of my best friends with whom I see continue to do multiple family vacations a few times each year. Just own it. It's an observation based on experience not a judgement based on thinking you're better than anyone. Burrs, you wear the Dawkins jersey right?

I won't own that 63% of people at Eagles' games or Eagles' fans in general are white trash. So, if there are 1.5 million Eagles fans in the metropolitan area, then 1 million of them are white trash? Stop. It's an exaggeration. It's silly.

I don't wear jerseys to games either. Cmon bro, pay attention better. We've been over this in the past.

Who goes to a game with 50 other people? White trash.

If they wear jorts and any type of pro sports jerseys.
Burrs and his buddies are the type of CoP sports blowhards who spend every free moment obsessing about CoP pro sports, but think that people who do ridiculous things like wear jerseys or enjoy college basketball more than a 10 win NBA franchise are ridiculous laughable losers.

Who goes to a game with 50 other people? White trash.

I don't physically travel with 50 other people, homes. Usually just the wife, maybe another couple. But we'll tailgate in a large group. A couple sets of friends are season ticket holders and they do a nice set-up right next to each other. All are welcomed. Normal people with jobs and families. Hey, any time 60K congregate in one area you're going to have some nitwits. Totally agree. But most are just out having a good time.

When I go to Nova games at the WFC I see people wearing Nova jerseys, jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, pullovers, hats, etc. A lot of them are drinking, some are even intoxicated, but not really bothering anyone. Just having a good time. Are these people white trash, too?

Buddy when asked by media after game where DB Izel "Toast" Jenkins was burnt several times. "46? He's All-Pro".

Reactions: tomjackleman
I doubt that most of the white trash at NFL games have season tickets....I would imagine they go once or twice a year as a treat. I do think a lot of people treat NFL games as a license to act like a giant cheek. I don't think most season ticket holders would have the stamina to get tanked 8 times a year and pick fights; it takes a lot of energy to be an a-hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT