ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye Maxwell and Kiko

obriend1

VUSports.com All-American
Mar 27, 2006
Looks like they're getting traded to Miami for draft picks. I'm surprised the Birds didn't have to give them picks to move their contracts.

Kiko is still on a rookie deal so that contract is nothing but to take on Maxwell's number means they might not get much in return.

Last edited:
Wow, it just shows what can be accomplished when you have a shifty person like Roseman in charge!

Last edited:
Is Miami on drugs?

Kiko makes under a million. can't hurt to give him a shot to play back in a 4-3. Philly doesn't really have a spot for him right?

the Dolphins had (and still have) arguably the worst LB corps in the NFL

Kiko makes under a million. can't hurt to give him a shot to play back in a 4-3. Philly doesn't really have a spot for him right?

the Dolphins had (and still have) arguably the worst LB corps in the NFL
Yeah, he would be behind Hick and Kendricks on the depth chart. It's obvious he wasn't there 100% physically this season. But besides that, if you watched some of the game tape (or read some of the blogs where they dissect the tapes) you could see that he was out of position about 95% of the time. He looked lost out there and was a huge defensive liability. I am sure he can improve if he can get back to 100% but not sure that will help his IQ.

Alonso and Maxwell were absolutely dreadful last season. Probably the 2 worst players in the entire starting unit. Actually not probably - definitely.

Alonso and Maxwell were absolutely dreadful last season. Probably the 2 worst players in the entire starting unit. Actually not probably - definitely.

no one is doubting that they were bad last year

but do you understand scheme? do you think Alonso and Maxwell just forgot how to play football?

no one is doubting that they were bad last year

but do you understand scheme? do you think Alonso and Maxwell just forgot how to play football?

I'm not talking scheme. I'm talking about missed tackles. After missed tackle. After missed tackle. Giving up huge plays. That's not scheme. Maxwell got paid and looked like one of many guys who no longer gives a shit.

Maxwell was not as bad as everyone made him out to be. He's no Josh Norman but he also wasn't Nnamdi.

thats what happens when you sign a guy from a cover 3 scheme and expect him to play press-man

It would appear that the Dolphins will assume the entire Maxwell contract and then trade a draft pick for Alonzo. At least that is the latest.

Rosenman's popularity is nearing an all-time high. Kudos to him.

Moving Murray's contract for anything of value seems impossible, but who knows. If they can get rid of it and get something, have to do it. While I think he can play better and he impressed me with his work as a receiver (if nothing else), hard to see how is anything but a malcontent now. Maybe that can be smoothed over with Bradford. Probably have to try that in the end.

Moving Matthews seems more realistic. While he had some nice runs, he has always been injury prone and I was shocked at how terrible his hands were, ridiculous amount of routine dropped balls. Can't have that in a West coast system. Am thinking someone might take him based on some solid work running the ball last year, relatively healthy for him, not too many miles on the tires, contract not too crazy.

Birds targeting Elliot or Hargreaves with that potential Miami pick swap?

Are the Dolphins that stupid? Unless they are getting the Eagles 1st round pick back this makes no sense.

Hey, maybe their is hope the Phillies can get someone to take Ryan Howard's contract.

Is Murray leaving a good thing? I thought you would like 1 year without chipper to what he can do.

Are the Dolphins that stupid? Unless they are getting the Eagles 1st round pick back this makes no sense.

Hey, maybe their is hope the Phillies can get someone to take Ryan Howard's contract.

I am guessing you didnt watch the Dolphins D last year...?

not saying these moves will be great or anything but they are low risk for what tehyre likely to give up

I am guessing you didnt watch the Dolphins D last year...?

not saying these moves will be great or anything but they are low risk for what tehyre likely to give up

Low risk? Have you seen Maxwell's contract?

if he sucks in 2016 they cut him for basically no cap charge

Kiko makes like $900k

...ChiPer....

20160120__49ERS-0121~2_400.JPG

You could get 2 CBs better than Maxwell for that money and keep your draft pick. And Kiko is worthless.

You could get 2 CBs better than Maxwell for that money and keep your draft pick. And Kiko is worthless.

When Jim Schwartz was with the Bills and took them to a top 3 defense (and Kiko was hurt), Schwartz was overheard saying Kiko has rocks for brains. Guessing he wanted him gone, not a stretch.

MAxwell was a good player in the same cover 3 scheme Miami is going to run. The Eagles played a completely different system for Maxwell's talents. Him being terrible was also way overblown. He wasnt good but he wasn't terrible.

Alonso had a great rookie season and then has been hampered by injuries. He is good in coverage which is what Miami needs at this point.

again, its a gamble by Miami. but if neither player works out, all they will lose is (likely) a mid round. I don't hate the gamble

MAxwell was a good player in the same cover 3 scheme Miami is going to run. The Eagles played a completely different system for Maxwell's talents. Him being terrible was also way overblown. He wasnt good but he wasn't terrible.

Alonso had a great rookie season and then has been hampered by injuries. He is good in coverage which is what Miami needs at this point.

again, its a gamble by Miami. but if neither player works out, all they will lose is (likely) a mid round. I don't hate the gamble

I think this is fair. Sometimes players play well on different teams. It could happen here.

I just heard on 97.5 that Titan's pick for Murray might be their third rounder. If Howie got a third rounder for Murray I'll be seriously impressed.... even if he blows the third rounder and a mediocre safety from Temple or something.

I just heard on 97.5 that Titan's pick for Murray might be their third rounder. If Howie got a third rounder for Murray I'll be seriously impressed.... even if he blows the third rounder and a mediocre safety from Temple or something.
That's a steal if true. Not surprised the Titans would be silly enough to give up a third rounder.

Last night I heard someone saying a 2nd rounder for Murray, which seemed impossible. 3rd rounder seems too good to be true even, especially if an original Titans pick (top 70). I would be more than happy with a 4th, and Howie probably (and rightfully) would've taken a 5th or 6th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT