ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye Maxwell and Kiko

I don't expect anything better than a 5 or 6 for Murray. His contract is horrific. We have seen enough of the NFL today and it's screaming loudly that you don't overpay the RB position. Unless you have Adrian Peterson. You can find RBs anywhere, including in the middle of drafts. Someone will give Lamar Miller and Doug Martin a gazillion dollars and probably regret it later. Im more shocked the Eagles found a team to take on Murray's contract than I am Maxwell. Murray looked like Keith Byars hitting the hole last year and was less effective than Kenjon friggin Barner. Dump that money into the offensive line and defense or WR. Draft a RB in the 4th damn round and have him split with Mathews and Sproles. Perfectly fine by me.

Look at the RBs on the playoff teams last yr?

Chiefs lost Jamaal. Went on huge run once he got hurt with 3 guys you've never heard of.

Packers - Starks outplayed Lacy all year.

Arizona - old man CJ and a 3rd rd pick rookie.

Texans - Blue.

Washington - AlMo and Matt Jones.

Carolina - old man Stewart.

Seattle - Rawls was picked in what round?

Cincy - Jeremy Hill, yawn

NE - new guy every 2 weeks

Steelers - old fart DeAngelo made people forget Bell

Denver - CJ and Hillman

Last edited:
I don't expect anything better than a 5 or 6 for Murray. His contract is horrific. We have seen enough of the NFL today and it's screaming loudly that you don't overpay the RB position. Unless you have Adrian Peterson. You can find RBs anywhere, including in the middle of drafts. Someone will give Lamar Miller and Doug Martin a gazillion dollars and probably regret it later. Im more shocked the Eagles found a team to take on Murray's contract than I am Maxwell. Murray looked like Keith Byars hitting the hole last year and was less effective than Kenjon friggin Barner. Dump that money into the offensive line and defense or WR. Draft a RB in the 4th damn round and have him split with Mathews and Sproles. Perfectly fine by me.

Look at the RBs on the playoff teams last yr?

Chiefs lost Jamaal. Went on huge run once he got hurt with 3 guys you've never heard of.

Packers - Starks outplayed Lacy all year.

Arizona - old man CJ and a 3rd rd pick rookie.

Texans - Blue.

Washington - AlMo and Matt Jones.

Carolina - old man Stewart.

Seattle - Rawls was picked in what round?

Cincy - Jeremy Hill, yawn

NE - new guy every 2 weeks

Steelers - old fart DeAngelo made people forget Bell

Denver - CJ and Hillman
Agree, which is why I don't understand why people have these college running backs rated so high. Guys like Elliot from O$U and Henry from Alabama.

Ezekiel Elliot will be a great NFL player

he is already a good pass catcher and blocker

Still can't believe the Colts traded a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson a couple years ago. Maybe it's the concussion syndrome for some of the people making/advising on these moves, get distracted by a "sexy" running back name. The evidence has been out there for so long now.

Still can't believe the Colts traded a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson a couple years ago. Maybe it's the concussion syndrome for some of the people making/advising on these moves, get distracted by a "sexy" running back name. The evidence has been out there for so long now.
Then they signed washed up Frank Gore two years later.

Using a first round pick on a back is simply retarded. Or even a second round pick.

Using a first round pick on a back is simply retarded. Or even a second round pick.

I won't believe it until its official but it seems to be gaining a lot of steam.
If true, Miami has lost its mind and the Eagles robbed them. Again, it seems to good to be true to me.

Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL 48m48 minutes ago
Ok, to finally clarify (per @AllbrightNFL): #Eagles get 8th overall pick, 4th rd pick. #Dolphins get 13th overall pick, Alonso & Maxwell.

Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL 7m7 minutes ago
FWIW: I trust @AllbrightNFL when it comes to stuff he reports. He has a proven track record. I stand by his report. #Eagles #Dolphins

I refuse to believe that can be true. A move from 13 to 8 is the equivalent of 2nd rd pick. If true I'm taking that 8th pick and trading back to the middle of 1st rd with someone who wants a QB and recouping that 2nd rd pick from the Bradford trade.

I refuse to believe that can be true. A move from 13 to 8 is the equivalent of 2nd rd pick.

gdog: I hear ya and that is why I said what I said. But, Albright has a lot of respect and was the first one to get last year's Foles trade completely right first. He tweeted this trade yesterday and then deleted it and apologized to his followers. He said that his source was very upset and did not want it out there yet.

Who the hell knows??

And the first pick in the 3rd for Murray?

I don't believe any of this until I see it in actual print.

You're not supposed to get worthwhile picks back when someone takes an awful contract off your hands.

And the first pick in the 3rd for Murray?

I don't believe any of this until I see it in actual print.

You're not supposed to get worthwhile picks back when someone takes an awful contract off your hands.

I did not hear the Murray compensation. Who tweeted or reported that?

If all of this is true they should commission work on the statue of Rosenman outside the Linc now. But I'll wait and see, I remember when we heard at first we'd be getting Bradford + a 2nd instead of giving it up.

A) Allbright had it and then deleted it. He is usually pretty good but why not keep it out there? Fishy to me, especially when literally none of the respected guys have it

B) if that really IS the compensation, what a stupid ass move for Miami

If all of this is true they should commission work on the statue of Rosenman outside the Linc now. But I'll wait and see, I remember when we heard at first we'd be getting Bradford + a 2nd instead of giving it up.

I see what you did there.

Grimes is definitely on the downswing but probably still better than Maxwell. Olivier Vernon definitely better than M. Williams and much younger, and just could have been franchised. Kiko's value is about zero right now. And the Fish might be using picks with an "s" to execute these changes? Could have just dropped Grimes, franchised Vernon, and sought to rebuild with picks and some reasonable UFAs. Horrible, but that's to be expected from the Fish. Not impressed with Tannenbaum, year one he orchestrates making an interior linemen his most highly paid player, that worked out well! And year 2 not impressed at all. I know, there's a GM below Tann. but it seems like he has a big role and Ross is clueless. Geez Gase better be a damned good coach, hopefully at least that works out. Might be hard to tell with the personnel on hand.

Olivier Vernon is not worth $15 million/year. He is worth maybe half that

not saying I am thrilled so far either but still

Eagles trading their first round pick for Miami's 2nd round pick and giving Tennessee their 3rd round pick for them to take Maxwell's and Murray's contracts off their hands is less ridiculous than what is being reported.

Apparently the Dolphins are rescinding Olivier Vernon's tag. Seems like a great idea. Better to have him walk for nothing. Makes sense. They must've been really enamored with Mario Williams' atrocity of game tape this year which basically consisted of him loafing around the field and exerting about as much effort as the fat woman on a Walmart electric cart.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...s-the-proof-that-mario-williams-quit-on-bills

Miami trade supposedly off because of "concerns with Maxwell's shoulder." Looks like it could potentially be more negotiations tactics by Tannenbaum.

Not off yet, but Tannenbaum is a dope. Gauged social media for a couple of days, then create physical concerns.

Not off yet, but Tannenbaum is a dope. Gauged social media for a couple of days, then create physical concerns.

Latest report is that for his physical he told Miami he couldn't bench or do pushups. Could see maybe arguing about benching, want to heal up maybe before hitting it hard, but should be able to bang out a few pushups. Seems like a fair basis to reject the trade if true.

But terrible news for Eagles fans. Not sure there is anyone else to take these guys, and I'm guessing cutting them won't save them anything under the cap (at least Maxwell).

The guy who couldn't tackle anyone all season can't do a push up. Color me shocked.

Doing a push up is a prerequisite for playing in the NFL.

Gdog, is this trade better or worse than the MCW deal?

Reactions: NickleDimer
Doing a push up is a prerequisite for playing in the NFL.

Gdog, is this trade better or worse than the MCW deal?

Multiple reports say trade is going through. There is a God!
No mention if compensation had changed but at this point. I'm just glad it went through. We'll see if the Dolphins weaseled out of the first round swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: obriend1
Supposedly the first round swap is still there.

That would be sweet for the Eagles. I still can't believe Miami agreed to that.
The cost is great for any team to move from 13 to 8 on draft day. WOW.

Tom Brady's greatness is built on having teams like the Dolphins in his division, two no-stress wins a year for his entire career, not to mention Bills and Jets games. What a joke that division is. At least the Eagles get to benefit now too.

Also see that Demarco is for a 4th round swap, so Eagles move up 13 spots (or so) in the 4th round and get, I believe, either the 2nd or 3rd pick of Day 3.

Tom Brady's greatness is built on having teams like the Dolphins in his division, two no-stress wins a year for his entire career, not to mention Bills and Jets games. What a joke that division is. At least the Eagles get to benefit now too.

Tom Brady historically struggles playing down in Miami. Not sure what you're talking about. He lost the closer last season in Miami and the opener the season before as examples.

Eagles sign Chase Daniel (Nice knowing you Sanchize). Also, Rodney McLeod S from Rams.

So the Titans and Eagles swapped 4th round picks for Murray? Not a bad move for the Titans, taking a chance on a guy but not giving up anything really.

Good for both teams. The Eagles get rid of a horrible contract that looked unmovable just a few days ago and get the first pick on day 3. It also gives them more flexibility on draft day..

McLeod is a good player. Graded out top 10 safety. Started 48 straight games on a good D. Big hitter. Better tackler than Thurmond. Only 25. Pairs well with Jenkins. Draft Hargreaves at 8 and the secondary is looking nice.

McLeod is a good player. Graded out top 10 safety. Started 48 straight games on a good D. Big hitter. Better tackler than Thurmond. Only 25. Pairs well with Jenkins. Draft Hargreaves at 8 and the secondary is looking nice.

Absolutely. Looking at Rams fans comments and they wanted him back more than Jenkins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT