ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye Maxwell and Kiko

Good for both teams. The Eagles get rid of a horrible contract that looked unmovable just a few days ago and get the first pick on day 3. It also gives them more flexibility on draft day..
Agreed just glad for the Titans sake that it wasn't straight up for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Titans have tons of cap space so they can afford to take a chance on Murray.

Apparently the Dolphins are rescinding Olivier Vernon's tag. Seems like a great idea. Better to have him walk for nothing. Makes sense. They must've been really enamored with Mario Williams' atrocity of game tape this year which basically consisted of him loafing around the field and exerting about as much effort as the fat woman on a Walmart electric cart.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...s-the-proof-that-mario-williams-quit-on-bills
you do realize that if they KEPT the tag on him and didnt match, they get no compensation?

them rescinding it means they will likely get a nice comp. pick for him next year

he isnt worth anywhere near the contract he is going to get. nice player, but not elite.

Tom Brady's greatness is built on having teams like the Dolphins in his division, two no-stress wins a year for his entire career, not to mention Bills and Jets games. What a joke that division is. At least the Eagles get to benefit now too.

Miami typically gives NE at least a game every year. Miami is 9-19 against Brady. Jets are 7-21 and Bills are 3-25 (yesssssh)

but agreed. this trade is silly. no idea what Miami's plan is.

A) Allbright had it and then deleted it. He is usually pretty good but why not keep it out there? Fishy to me, especially when literally none of the respected guys have it

B) if that really IS the compensation, what a stupid ass move for Miami

Well?

what do you mean, well?

I Just said it was stupid...

I guess I dont mind the risk but that type of trade should have been done with a swap mid rounders, not top 15 picks.

This seems to be a draft that's rather top heavy in terms of impact. Guys like Jack, Hargreaves, Bosa, Treadwell aren't going past 10.

Really fantastic set of moves by the Birds these last few days. Keeping it in my pants but real happy about it. Only move I'm not real big on is the corner from Buffalo. Like McLeod a lot, Chase Daniel as a backup I like as well, have had more than enough Sanchize and Daniel perhaps offers upside if called upon. With Sanchez, we know there is none.

Edit though to say that is a lot of cash for Daniel -- but have to trust Dougie on this one at least. He gets one move like this, instead of the destruction of the team at the hands of Chipper, QBs are expensive and can overcome that money if need be... and need somebody there who you think can be good when your starter is Bradford and likely to miss some games.

And lol at people comparing the overall quality of the AFC East the last 15 years to the NFC East. Recency bias much? Not to mention that having a couple AFC East teams besides NE climb up near or over .500 is apparently something to write home about now.

youre happy with paying Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel $25+ million/year combined?

I did edit after I saw the money for Daniel, more than expected, can live with it though, not locked in long term to either, and there is no path to anyone better certainly this year, and probably not next year if you think you can compete. I'm trusting Pederson on the Daniel piece.

Also, again, even remotely competent QBs are expensive. I LOVE the Eagles situation compared to Texans, who apparently are paying $72 million for 4 years to Oswiler. Yikes -- Oswiler stinks.

4 yr for 72M with 37M guaranteed makes the Bradford and Daniel contracts look downright modest by comparison.

I think we are nearing another off-season Eagles championship.

"It's official" on swapping first round picks? Asinine trade. Was hoping Fins would get Ronnie Stanley with the 8 pick to start fixing the wretched o-line, well that's probably out. Also could have lived with Grimes, who cares about Miko, you're weak as an organization, team (and QB) if you can't deal with that.

It is correct per b$ above that signing Williams quickly allowed a rescind the transitional tag, which I heard could net a 3rd rounder. So that part OK, they get someone who presumably can still play a year or two for less money, and now a relatively decent pick. Trade very bad though.

Couple of nice signings for the Giants on the DL. Vernon got PAID. Good Lord. Pretty good day for the Birds and Giants. Both made nice moves. Even nicer to see the Cowboys and Skins not make any improvements yet.

I don't know if this was discussed above but Miami could have just franchised Vernon for 15.7 as well. That along with keeping the 8th pick vastly better. The wildcard in all this, I guess, is Kiko -- if you get something even in between his 1st season and what is reported as dreadful last season and maybe it tilts more towards the moves all making sense. right now though, answer is no. Congrats to Eagles on moving up.

Olivier Vernon is not an elite player. I have no qualms letting him walk, ESPECIALLY for that type of contract. Miami was never coming anywhere near that.

I am more pissed at losing Lamar Miller. I think he is going to kill it in Houston.

Lamar Miller is very replaceable. Sure he'll be good with good blocking, I liked him as a back. But they need the OL fixed regardless. Wanted the OT with that #8 pick, now you get damaged goods and probably a much lesser player at #13. Ajayi looked like he'll be alright, he'll be fine with better line.

Ajayi has no knee cartilage and will probably not play past his rookie deal

I highly doubt they were ever considering OT at 8. they wanted to sign one of the better guards and struck out on all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT