ADVERTISEMENT

Captain America Civil War

NovaHoops2002

VUSports.com All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Zzzz....don't waste your time or money. I feel asleep 3 times during the movie. Admittedly I am not a comic book guy and I haven't seen any of the other Captain America, Iron Man, of Avengers movies - but this was a snooze fest. On par with how terrible Batman vs Superman was.

Why would you have gone if you haven't seen any of the avengers, captain America, thors, etc?

Reactions: obriend1
Kinda weird.

I haven't seen it, but there's like six movies you need to watch before going.

I read the plot of the 2 Avengers movies before and I took my nephew to see Marvel Universe Live last year so I'm pretty much up to speed with what's going on - at least the major plot points.

Can't wait until this fad of super hero movies is behind us (hopefully its just a fad).

Seems like every time I check to see what is playing at the movies, it's mostly super hero shit and cartoons. No thanks to either.

There's about ten more years of movies already set in Marvel and least a few more years of the dc Universe. It won't end soon. They make a lot of money.

You went with your friends? Like a group of dudes? Doesn't that type of movie-going end after HS? Not judging Arak. You're OK in my book. More or less just wondering.

Oh yea, but I need to ask? Did you and your friends ask for a refund afterwards? Maybe, a complimentary medium popcorn and soda for your next movie?

You went with your friends? Like a group of dudes? Doesn't that type of movie-going end after HS? Not judging Arak. You're OK in my book. More or less just wondering.

Oh yea, but I need to ask? Did you and your friends ask for a refund afterwards? Maybe, a complimentary medium popcorn and soda for your next movie?
Going to a movie with friends is fine. I've never heard this hot take.

Going to a movie with friends is fine. I've never heard this hot take.

Ok, sounds good. Not saying it's wrong. We just never did that. Typically I did movies with girlfriends, as did my buddies. Carry on.

I enjoy going to the movies, so if there's nothing going on and there is a decent looking one out my friends and I will go. Sometimes you just need to sit for 2 hours and just chill - no need to go out drinking or eating all the time.

Also - I am not into going to movies with girls as a date. I think that's lazy, more of a high school thing that takes away from the awkard silences.

Reactions: tomjackleman
I enjoy going to the movies, so if there's nothing going on and there is a decent looking one out my friends and I will go. Sometimes you just need to sit for 2 hours and just chill - no need to go out drinking or eating all the time.

Also - I am not into going to movies with girls as a date. I think that's lazy, more of a high school thing that takes away from the awkard silences.

Agree about the date part initially. I meant more once into a relationship.

I hear ya. I guess it comes down to time thing, too. My crew did rec league hoops/softball, shore houses/beach, as well as the nightlife stuff in our 20's. Not sure there was much time left for movies. No biggie.

I hear ya. I guess it comes down to time thing, too. My crew did rec league hoops/softball, shore houses/beach, as well as the nightlife stuff in our 20's. Not sure there was much time left for movies. No biggie.

Nightlife stuff = you on the turn tables?

Excellent post.

It was an 11pm show we went to after grabbing dinner and some beers before.

I also worked from home Friday and squeezed in a 5 mile run, shot some hoops at the gym, marinated some flank steak skewers for a Derby bbq today, dropped off and picked up dry cleaning, and got a haircut.

Had plenty of time for a movie - although the fact that I feel asleep disproves that I guess. I should have been at home watching the Spurs-Thunder instead and falling asleep I guess.

It was an 11pm show we went to after grabbing dinner and some beers before.

I also worked from home Friday and squeezed in a 5 mile run, shot some hoops at the gym, marinated some flank steak skewers for a Derby bbq today, dropped off and picked up dry cleaning, and got a haircut.

Had plenty of time for a movie - although the fact that I feel asleep disproves that I guess. I should have been at home watching the Spurs-Thunder instead and falling asleep I guess.
His point makes no sense. If you have time for night life activities, how do you not have two hours for a movie once every few months?

I was going to smoke a lot of pot and then catch zootopia solo last night. But then I smoked a lot of pot and, well, motivation was an issue.

Derby day today chauncies. Forecast in SF is for white bucks and ❄️❄️❄️

Why would anyone go to a movie where they all wear Halloween costumes..........for under 10 years old only....

Nah, I never committed weekly to this. Rarely did parties. Daytime action at shore 3-9:30 ish and in winter/fall filled in at some bars. Just enough to wet my beak a little.
Wet your beak a little = does sex?

His point makes no sense. If you have time for night life activities, how do you not have two hours for a movie once every few months?

I'm sorry but in my 20's me and my buddies never entertained going to the movies. Just never came up. But it's cool, different strokes for different folks. Arak good in my book and I said it's no biggie.

Reactions: tomjackleman
These movies just keep getting dumber. They were kinda cool at first but now that we got a taste for the great effects they lose their luster. Didn't see B v S and won't. Not because the reviews were poor but because that uber-Jew millennial douche Jesse Eisenberg is in it. I despise him at a cellular level. Same annoying, fast talking, twitching jagoff in every role. Pretty sure he's just playing himself. Insufferable turd.

These movies just keep getting dumber. They were kinda cool at first but now that we got a taste for the great effects they lose their luster. Didn't see B v S and won't. Not because the reviews were poor but because that uber-Jew millennial douche Jesse Eisenberg is in it. I despise him at a cellular level. Same annoying, fast talking, twitching jagoff in every role. Pretty sure he's just playing himself. Insufferable turd.
Hot take!

So...you were out drinking with your friends, and at around 10:30 p.m. or so someone suggests that you should all see a movie geared toward 13 year olds....and this was a good idea?

Interesting.

So...you were out drinking with your friends, and at around 10:30 p.m. or so someone suggests that you should all see a movie geared toward 13 year olds....and this was a good idea?

Interesting.
That's not what he said. Please reread what he posted.

I've never seen a superhero movie, other than the original batman movie. When I was 13.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT