ADVERTISEMENT

Crossfit?

I thought supersets involved two movements for opposing muscle groups.
I thought it meant doing two different sets consecutively. Doesn't need to be different body part but different than previous set.

There are some hot crossfit girls at the local gyms but for the most part they are NOT that great looking. Examples:

Women20072013-07-28%20at%207.44.08%20AM_0.png

espnw_r_leblanc-bazinet_mb_800.jpg

278105_10150917248387676_1862157283_o.jpg

skipping leg day is hilarious. biggest muscles in your body, working them out releases the most testosterone, will help your running, etc. but hey what do i know.

and on the pics, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet (brunette in pic1 on the left and in pic2) is pretty damn cute. i would say that was a bad example of not good looking crossfit chicks. there are plenty of others who are completely gross.

Mea Gulpa. I guess you're right. I've only done opposing muscle group super sets. It makes you realize how much your opposing muscles help stabilize the opposite movements.

Super Set: Consecutive sets of different excercises on different muscle groups
Compound Set: Consecutive sets of different exercises on same muscle groups

Reactions: NickleDimer
Doing legs is a pretty "bro" thing to do when you're in your 20s. I'll wait until I'm 30 to start up leg work again.

A superset is when one set of an exercise is performed directly after a set of a different exercise without rest between them.

doing legs is a bro thing to do in your twenties? doing chest and arms only is the bro move - legs and back are where strength is built.

Yeah I don't see how you can effectively do a group of excercises without some core and legs worked in. Let's say you do 3 sets of incline-bench dumb bell bench presses - are you really going to go straight into biceps/triceps or shoulders/back with no rest? Mix it up and go to the squat rack.

A superset is when one set of an exercise is performed directly after a set of a different exercise without rest between them.

Nope, not that simple

Like I said:

Compound set: same muscle group (e.g. bench press immediately followed up with flies)
Superset: different muscle groups (e.g. bench press immediately followed up with rows)

If you don't want to take my word for it, google it.
Like here: http://www.biomechanix.net/2010/09/circuit-training-super-setting-and-compound-sets/

Or by this meathead on youtube

I read on the Internet I am correct. You can superset the same body part. I'm glad you found a guy who wants to be innovative and make up a new term.

Ha, was just going to type when I do thrm they're super when Dirty does them they are just compounding

To clarify, a compound set would be some scaffolding pullups followed by punching someone in the face and a superset would be the pullups followed by kicking someone in the balls. Of course you wind up being shot after either.

Biggest bro thread ever...

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Term has been around since at least the early 90's when I was involved in that line of work.

Really not a big deal what you call it to tell you the truth and I fully realize most people get the name wrong. Again, who gives a shit what you call it.

This chick must be related to the other dude who made up this innovative new term.

Love it. 4.6 is getting the fastball back. Dirty, give me your favorite prop for tonight. I'm thinkin reception ls for bell. Lots of short passes to he and brown.

I don't get why legs is a bro thing. I would say not doing them is more bro. If you don't workout your legs, you're losing explosiveness and stability.

Exactly. Legs are the anti-bro workout.

Would love to know how they are "boring". This dude falling asleep between sets of squats or something?

Doing legs suck. Not fun. But boring? Come on.

Reminds me of my old roommate who was too lazy to do legs. Had a classic excuse:

"My legs grow fast so I won't be able to fit in my pants."

Meanwhile he'd blast his arms for 45 minutes while clad in his sweet wife-beater. Curls for the girls!

Dirty, give me a prop for tonight. I'm lookinng at bell over on receptions.

Not sure yet but would assume around 4.5. Haven't seen a number yet. Might go over on receiving yards. Imagine those will be high 40'S-50. Whichever number I like better is my inclination. Think he'll cAtchison a bunch of balls tonight. Don't want Vick looking too far down field. Brown should catch a ton but that number will probably be 8.5ish on receptions.

Betonline.ag showing

4.5 receptions; Over -155
39.5 yards; Over -135

If nn1188 decided to start working on his legs, perhaps he could develop enough jumping ability to dunk a tennis ball

Maybe if it was a 9'6" hoop. Or was it 8'6" in ADP's driveway?

Exactly. Legs are the anti-bro workout.

Would love to know how they are "boring". This dude falling asleep between sets of squats or something?

Doing legs suck. Not fun. But boring? Come on.

Legs were anti-bro until bros starting realizing they were getting sh*t on for not being able to squat. So now a bunch of meat heads just do that instead and ask how much you squat or deadlift.

I just started getting in the gym again and I am really sore and need a few days off before I can lift again. I am not one of those meatskulls who is going to "FIGHT THROUGH IT!" because I think that is retarded, but the more I lift and get back into the routine the less sore I am going to be correct?

I just started getting in the gym again and I am really sore and need a few days off before I can lift again. I am not one of those meatskulls who is going to "FIGHT THROUGH IT!" because I think that is retarded, but the more I lift and get back into the routine the less sore I am going to be correct?
Yes. Don't fight through the initial re-aclimation soreness. Fight through minor soreness once you're back in the routine though.

Reactions: VUWildCat2003
Did legs yesterday morning and I'm sore. Thats good. ElypticAL tonight and all is well.

Betonline.ag showing

4.5 receptions; Over -155
39.5 yards; Over -135
-155 awful number. I'll be interested to see what I get later tonight. I'll post it.

So that means +125 on the Under is a great number?

It's obviously -155 b/c the public pounding it or sharps hit it

So that means +125 on the Under is a great number?

It's obviously -155 b/c the public pounding it or sharps hit it
No, I like the over. Great number to keep smart guys like me of it. I'm hoping for a better one.

ha. So you wouldn't bet Under at +200... +300... +350...etc?

"smart guys" (sharps) ready to bet either side depending on the number. And by number, I mean the juice, not the 4.5.

Please do update me on what your bookie posts. Can't imagine him being way off. But there are a ton of dumb bookies out there

No, I didn't say at +200 etc..value there. I'll let you know. I'm sure it will be similar because it's all run through the DR or Costa Rica. Not sure which service they use for the numbers but I'm sure it's the same ones the online guys use. Do regular neighborhood bookies really exist? some guy in a bar who never pays, you have to actually call one guy and hope he's around? I didn't know people still did that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT