ADVERTISEMENT

Drinking a Saigon Special, holding my dong and taking questions

jgflava_in_nam

Wild-Kitten
Apr 28, 2016
It's 9:00 p.m. here in Saigon. I'll take some questions that stop this "alt" nonsense.

20160523_210610.jpg

How long are you there for?
Do you miss the hog swamps of NC?
Who were you rooting for the NFC game?

How long are you there for?
Do you miss the hog swamps of NC?
Who were you rooting for the NFC game?

I've lived here for a year - don't plan on coming back to the states any time soon

I lived in the Triangle - so I never lived in the hogswamps and thus don't miss them

I was rooting for Carolina. I was annoyed we lost, but I was happy that Villanova one because it's good for a private non-BCS conference school to win one every once and a while.

Provide three examples of insanely cheap services/purchases that can be had in Vietnam.

Reactions: kjbert
Please list out the discoveries you found out about tjc when you did your inet sleuthing.

That was a long time ago so I forget everything I found. I mainly just remember the duplex in Goldsboro, the co-owned Mariner with Moye and a house co-owned with Moye on Pleasure House Road in Virginia Beach.

Provide three examples of insanely cheap services/purchases that can be had in Vietnam.

1. Going out eat here is ridiculously cheap - for example I went to an upscale Vietnamese restaurant in the middle of Saigon with three other people. Total cost of the meal with appetizers and drinks was less than $30.

2. Hotels are cheap. Stayed at a 4-star hotel on the beach in Da Nang for less than $50 a night.

3. I don't do whores, but I know you can get a high class one to do the works with you for maybe a little more than $50.

Is there still a lot of stuff from the war (remnants) around?
Thoughts on North Korea firing nukes at you?

What's American sentiment like over there now that Obama says they can buy lethal weapons?

Do you have the yellow fever?

Is there still a lot of stuff from the war (remnants) around?
Thoughts on North Korea firing nukes at you?

Some dude got blown up by an old bomb in Hanoi the other month. Despite all of the shit the US put Vietnam through, the people here are extremely pro-American and have moved past the war.

Not worried at all about North Korea, but more worried about China and what they are doing in the "South China Sea" in territory that really belongs to Vietnam. They are building islands out there with military installments. There have been many conflicts between Chinese and Vietnamese boats. Big news today that Obama is here and lifted the 50 year ban on the US selling weapons to Vietnam.

What's American sentiment like over there now that Obama says they can buy lethal weapons?

Do you have the yellow fever?

Yeah, they are really pro-America here. Part of that is because it's an extremely young population - they weren't around during the war time.

I absolutely have the yellow fever and have been enjoying it for the past year.

What is the gr8est cause for concern for the board:

1.) Alts
2.) Adp vs dmill
3.) BigEastBasketball is not participating in this TQ thread

1. What did you do back in the CoDB?

2. Do you find Vietnamese chicks less open to casual hook ups than others?

1. What did you do back in the CoDB?

2. Do you find Vietnamese chicks less open to casual hook ups than others?

I never lived in CoDB.

It really depends on the girl. Some are total nymphos who will do anything. Others are very traditional and when you finally get them in bed they are just like a dead fish.

Do you have any friends in Se Asia you can hit up for a quick weekend, or are you totally solo?

Yeah I have a good number of friends here - both expat and Vietnamese. I honestly prefer hanging out with Vietnamese though because they can take me to some locals only places that aren't overrun with dirty European backpackers.

Yeah I have a good number of friends here - both expat and Vietnamese. I honestly prefer hanging out with Vietnamese though because they can take me to some locals only places that aren't overrun with dirty European backpackers.

What percent of your old salary do you earn?

Do you feel like your wealth is growing while living so cheaply?

Did you go over there totally solo?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT