ADVERTISEMENT

Drinking a Saigon Special, holding my dong and taking questions

Have you dined in the establishment (Bún chả Hương Liên) at which President Obama visited last night with Anthony Bourdain?

No. I've only been to Hanoi once and did not eat at that place. I don't need Anthony Bourdain to tell me where to eat here. I just go where I don't see any white faces and I know the food will be good.

Reactions: kjbert
What other locations did you consider before going to Vietnam? Did you ever think about going there before your dads death or was it completely triggered by it?

What other locations did you consider before going to Vietnam? Did you ever think about going there before your dads death or was it completely triggered by it?

Vietnam was the only place I considered. There something I really like about it being a place that is rapidly developing yet traditional at the same time.

Do you regularly ride a motorbike? If so, how long after you moved to Vietnam did you start doing so?

vietnamese-traffic-saigon-o.gif

I drink beer every day. But it is super weak and I mainly drink it because it is refreshing in the heat. I stay away from liquor here because a lot of it is fake and can poison you.

Every day? How immense is your mid-section?

Such a bad "alt"-ing.
"Hey guys, what do i need to do to prove this to you? Maybe if I start a TQ and then abandon it at 1PM then come back the next day with the excuse that "I'm 13 hours ahead", you will believe this flimsy sh*t."

Desperate and awful.

Reactions: RimJobbLarry
I went to a place Bourdain was at in Istanbul. It was pretty good. It also had his face plastered all over the place

Do you regularly ride a motorbike? If so, how long after you moved to Vietnam did you start doing so?

vietnamese-traffic-saigon-o.gif

I don't drive a motorbike mainly because I'm nervous about getting myself killed, especially after my dad was killed in a car crash.

However, they have Uber for motorbikes here and I use that all of the time. Some dude will pick me up and I can go basically anywhere in the city for $1.

Such a bad "alt"-ing.
"Hey guys, what do i need to do to prove this to you? Maybe if I start a TQ and then abandon it at 1PM then come back the next day with the excuse that "I'm 13 hours ahead", you will believe this flimsy sh*t."

Desperate and awful.

It is a 11 hour time difference. So, yeah that's exactly my excuse buddy.

Went there with family for a weekend May 2011. Short stay but great experience. Ben Thanh market, Saigon River Express tour to Cu Chi Tunnels, and Rex hotel rooftop bar are few recalls...

If you play softball, believe there is a slow-pitch league there (don't know of a contact) and they used to host a tournament at the end of August/early September. Other tournaments in the region in Bangkok (Nov), Philippines Pangaea Cup (Feb), and Jakarta (May). All great times with teams from all over Asia...

Went there with family for a weekend May 2011. Short stay but great experience. Ben Thanh market, Saigon River Express tour to Cu Chi Tunnels, and Rex hotel rooftop bar are few recalls...

If you play softball, believe there is a slow-pitch league there (don't know of a contact) and they used to host a tournament at the end of August/early September. Other tournaments in the region in Bangkok (Nov), Philippines Pangaea Cup (Feb), and Jakarta (May). All great times with teams from all over Asia...

Yeah unfortunate for you that you really were limited to the real touristy stuff. The best experiences are when you get out the central district and immerse yourself in the Vietnamese neighborhoods.

I have zero interest in softball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT