ADVERTISEMENT

If Forced to Eat Fast Food....

RSTRICK30

VUSports.com Legend
Jul 11, 2001
...where do you go?

I saw this earlier this morning and it got me thinking.

Chick-Fil-A has obtained the highest-ever recorded score on the American Customer Satisfaction Index for a fast food chain, an 87 out of 100. Customer satisfaction with fast food restaurants in general is on the rise.

---

Reactions: kjbert
Are we talking traditional fast food only or are we including fake fast food where they pretend to have better ingredients and charge you more?

Like?

i7FxHNpE.jpg

shake2.png

Exactly, rstrick. Chipotle and Panera were on the top 10 list.

What's so great about Chick-Fil-A? I don't understand it. Slightly above average fried chicken and french fry products? They close on Sundays? They stay away from poor neighborhoods?

Not that fast if you find yourself east of Nevada, and even in the West, not that many locations, like to go but always find myself needing to go out of the way for it, not sure it's worth it. I'd say a Wendy's burger is probably healthier as well.

Burgers:
National: 5 Guys; if in NYC area: Shake Shack; if West Coast: In N Out; if none of above available: Wendy's

Mexican:
Chipotle

Reactions: Chimpat and kjbert
I only go to fast food places that offer coupons, especially on an app. If I am going to take my kids to those dumps, I need it to be cheap.

I have had In N Out a few times while on business trips, that place is excellent for fast food. My kids love Chick-Fil-A but I don't get it either, nothing special and they are expensive for fast food and very rarely coupons which annoys the crap out of me.

Back when the pirates sucked, chick fil a had coupons for free sandwiches in the game day programs that they hand out when you walk into the gate. I had season tickets, and I ate well that summer.

CFA used to have the best service, but recently, you have to give your name and wait. Still, they have waffle fries which are my favorite.

I'll do Wendy's for burgers, and Qdoba for Mexican.

Shake Shack is so overrated. I find nothing special about their food.

Back when I lived in VA my buddy and I would hit the drive thru at both BK (Double Whoppers) and then Micky D's (fries). We were certainly living large.

I work with a woman who went to Clemson...they get Chick Fil A for their tailgates. Says the lines are insane on a Saturday morning.

Chick Fil A and Wendys are my gotos in a pinch.

as others have mentioned, Chik Fil-A is a good one. I also don't mind Wendy's.

love Chipotle as well, but that is somewhat a slightly "higher" quality to me.

Easy list.

Chicfila, Chiptole - no problem eating there any day. Wendy's comes in 3rd but more a last resort sort of thing compared to a "choice" like the first 2.

Shakeshack is pretty good when compared to Wendy's/McD/BK but there are dozens of much better burger joints in NYC if you don't mind being waited on or sitting at a bar.

Stay on topic folks. If you can't get it via drive-thru, it should not be under consideration.

I stay away from Hardee's. I do like the waffle fries from CFA. Since In N Out is not an option here, if I want a burger, I will go Wendy's.

Other nice things about Wendy's in addition to burgers:

baked potato
grilled chicken sandwich
chili

All quality.

Wendy's is actually real burgers. BK and McDonald's are not.

Had Shake Shack once. Very nearly shit myself. Never again. It was also over $13 for a burger fries and a drink. No thanks.

Do Costco hot dogs count?

I'm amazed how many people love the Costco food court. I guess because it's super cheap and you can fill yourself for a few dollars but I don't find the food to be particularly appealing. I'm not a hot dog guy but could see that being a solid choice for those who are.

Reactions: BigEastBasketball
Any one with half an ounce of self respect would go to Long John Silver's. Freshest Horsey sauce this side of the mississippi

Stay on topic folks. If you can't get it via drive-thru, it should not be under consideration.

Agree this should be the standard. Anything without a drive through but of the ilk that people are mentioning in industry terms is probably "fast casual" (e.g., Chipotle).

On that score though for Mexican places I've found Chipotle to be slightly overrated, only had it a couple times, and now wouldn't be inclined to go b/c of the ecoli outbreak. Prefer smaller Mexican chains in the DC area that I think are probably better (e.g., District Taco, California Tortilla (maybe that's more national?). Used to do Qdoba in Philly but always felt like I'd eaten a Civil War era cannonball afterwards, don't miss it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT