ADVERTISEMENT

Is Villanova Stuff On Your Car Acceptable After You Graduate?

VUWildCat2003

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
I don't know what the rules are but I am almost positive you shouldn't have a sticker on the back window of your car unless you are a student or have a kid who is currently enrolled at that college. Once you or your kid is done that sticker should come down. Is that right? BUT, besides that, are you allowed to have like a V sticker on the back window, or a license plate holder that says Villanova? Or what are the rules if you are alumni or just a supporter of a school without being a current student.

I am not looking for something that says Villanova Alumni because just not my thing, but would having something like a VILLANOVA WILDCATS or VILLANOVA BASKETBALL license plate holder be acceptable?

Thoughts or examples are welcome. Thanks.

Who gives a f*ck...

"Rules?" There are no rules. Put whatever you want on your car. It's like saying don't wear your school sweatshirt in public because you graduated.

Reactions: FatPhilM
This is acceptable:

pa2004villanova.jpg

Other paraphernalia is *gay.

*not gay as in "I hate queers" gay but as in lame gay.

I have small decals for Nova Alumni and my kids' schools, plus a Nova logo license plate. Totally fine by me.

This is tough for me. I am usually against this type of stuff - pro team decals, vacation magnets, my kid is an honor student, etc.

However, I still rock the Villanova decal on the back windshield. Call it "gay" if you want, but I'm actually just really proud to be able to say I went there. Didn't get in out of H.S. and had to bust my ass just to transfer in Sophomore year.

Doesn't matter. I give a nod to any fellow alumni on the road. Not my cup of tea though - cops hate educated people in the SoP, so I prefer to not have it on my car. The simple V logo things are nice, though. Maybe 2" tall. Tastefully done.

Nothing wrong with it. The shit that annoys me are the decals announcing what shore you go to. These are a must have if you own a car in Delco:

sea_isle_city_nj_oval_decal.jpg

I'm almost always had a V in the back window.

Bought a Pilot two years ago and opted a small oval magnet on the back tailgate. I'm also in Boston, so I consider it marketing.

I have a VU plate but no stickers on my car.

Nothing wrong with it. The shit that annoys me are the decals announcing what shore you go to. These are a must have if you own a car in Delco:

sea_isle_city_nj_oval_decal.jpg

More annoying is this
5k-run-car-magnet-oval.jpg

No issues with a sticker longer than a half marathon, but I'm not sure i'd be out there patting myself on the back for a 5k.

I don't own a car, but several of my family's cars have the VILLANOVA block letters in dark blue on the inside of the center of the rear windshield. Once I get a car, I will likely replicate this. I can't find the one I've gotten before but something like this-

1349-ASTRIP-FSNC-Clear

All my cars are sticker / magnet free. Just not my thing. Like others have said, simple, tasteful school logos are not so bad, but the "SH" or "SIC" vacation bumper stickers are the equivalent of tramp stamps. I also hate the people who feel the need to advertise that their kids attend private schools by defacing their cars with stickers / magnets, and my kids attend private school. I reluctantly let my daughter put one on her car, but none on mine or my wife's.

From time to time I notice a car with some type of "on the beach" driving permit stickers. They collect one each year. So it will be a nice Land Rover or Tahoe with several crooked stickers for on it's bumper for each of the last X years. Not sure what it is. Hopefully it's special enough to make your car look awful.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
If it's wrong I don't want to be right.

I don't have anything else on my car. Those stick figure families drive me nuts. However, I saw one with names under each figure, and thought, "That will make things nicer for the car-jacker."

So your kid is an honor student. Nobody cares.

Last edited:
I don't own a car, but several of my family's cars have the VILLANOVA block letters in dark blue on the inside of the center of the rear windshield. Once I get a car, I will likely replicate this. I can't find the one I've gotten before but something like this-

1349-ASTRIP-FSNC-Clear

It was my understanding that this was for when you had a kid at the school or you were a student at the school. Not if you were alumni or just a supporter of the school in general. It is all good as far as I'm concerned but I thought this was a universal understanding.

Now that our son is an honor student, I'm going to get one of those
bumper stickers that informs strangers of that fact.

-- Marge Simpson, "Homer vs. Dignity"

I have the Nova Nation magnet on the tailgate of my truck. It was free at one of the home games. I'd probably prefer to have a Block V, but I don't care enough to look for one. I remove it temporarily if I leave my car somewhere where they would probably prefer I have a Temple logo...

It was my understanding that this was for when you had a kid at the school or you were a student at the school. Not if you were alumni or just a supporter of the school in general. It is all good as far as I'm concerned but I thought this was a universal understanding.

Huh? Never heard that. What are these "rules" you speak of?

image.jpg

Adorns my car.

Why doesn't NJ or NY have Villanova alum license plates? They should considering both states fill the enrollment with douches from those states.

Like adp and novausmc, I also have the Virginia tags with the Nova logo. Down here, I have to let them know that the real "\V/" is Villanova.

Why doesn't NJ or NY have Villanova alum license plates? They should considering both states fill the enrollment with douches from those states.

I contacted the New Jersey DMV once and asked this question, and their response was that there wasn't enough interest to have them actually make them.

its your car, put whatever you want on it. i had the V front license plate when i graduated, it broke since then and I have not replaced it.

From time to time I notice a car with some type of "on the beach" driving permit stickers. They collect one each year. So it will be a nice Land Rover or Tahoe with several crooked stickers for on it's bumper for each of the last X years. Not sure what it is. Hopefully it's special enough to make your car look awful.
There are other areas you can get this for (e.g., orleans in the cape, island beach in NJ) but the most popular oversand permit would be Nantucket's... especially on cars like that. In fact I don't think you can drive a Defender on the east coast without one. They also pioneered the airport code sticker thing that other areas have followed with ACK.

Huh? Never heard that. What are these "rules" you speak of?

image.jpg

Adorns my car.

I've heard it a few times, when you see a car with 2 or 3 colleges in the back window it is because they have kids who are there now or were recently there and they haven't taken down the sticker yet. Isn't that the norm? I just have never seen an alumni throw up one of those specific stickers. Yes, I have seen other stickers but something like this I thought was specific for the parent of a student or a current student. I know some colleges send you these once you decide to go there to promote the school.....

http://bkstr.scene7.com/is/image/Bkstr/1349-ASTRIP-FSNC-Clear?$PDPMain$

I've heard it a few times, when you see a car with 2 or 3 colleges in the back window it is because they have kids who are there now or were recently there and they haven't taken down the sticker yet. Isn't that the norm? I just have never seen an alumni throw up one of those specific stickers. Yes, I have seen other stickers but something like this I thought was specific for the parent of a student or a current student. I know some colleges send you these once you decide to go there to promote the school.....

http://bkstr.scene7.com/is/image/Bkstr/1349-ASTRIP-FSNC-Clear?$PDPMain$
Got it. I don't think it matters either way.

If it makes you happy do it. Just don't paint your face for anything - that's my only rule in life.

Probably a beach permit. You can buy permits to drive on the beach in most shore towns in the off season.

No sticker but I have at least 4 Nova t-shirts.

adp, moved to va beach about a year ago. Adding a little bit of Jersey to Sandbridge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT