ADVERTISEMENT

Is Villanova Stuff On Your Car Acceptable After You Graduate?

Love to hear how that decision went down. Imagine if you're on the water it's great. Either way, don't hear of many moving from South Jersey to VA. Beach. You doing a job down there?

I'm all about things that are violations and what not but is this seriously a topic?

Who gives a flying f*ckeroo...

Love to hear how that decision went down. Imagine if you're on the water it's great. Either way, don't hear of many moving from South Jersey to VA. Beach. You doing a job down there?
got permission to stay with my current job and work from home, which is now down here. Like it a lot, but miss the "location convenience" that I had in NJ.

windowSticker2.gif
I'm all about things that are violations and what not but is this seriously a topic?

Yeah gdog, it is. I heard more or less if you have SPECIFICALLY a sticker on your back windshield of a college and you or your kid isn't a current student, or was a student when the sticker was put there, you are an idiot. Again, I heard those SPECIFIC stickers are for that purpose, and again, that certain colleges send them in the mail once you have decided to go there to help promote the school.

To be more clear, please click the link. Something like this would indicate you have 3 kids at those schools and they are there CURRENTLY or RECENTLY, if they graduated there 20 years ago and you did this, you are a tool.....

https://m.websticker.com/imgs/tips/windowSticker2.gif

People have too much time on their hands to be worrying about this sort of thing.

The only car sticker that chaps my ass is the "my child is an honor student". Nobody cares. Other than that - someone could put a sticker on their car that sucks "Suck My Ass" and I wouldn't care. It's your car. You pay for it. Put on it whatever you want. Except an honor student sticker. Those make everyone not like you.

I am proud to say that I never sported a "baby on board" sticker. They were always super obnoxious. That probably pre-dates most of BW's parenting times, but it coincided with the era when my kids were little.

I am proud to say that I never sported a "baby on board" sticker. They were always super obnoxious. That probably pre-dates most of BW's parenting times, but it coincided with the era when my kids were little.
The "My son went to Spain and all I got was this bumper sticker" is a nice addition to the car Tom.

if you are driving a mini van, everyone already knows you have a baby on board, you dont need a bumper sticker to tell the world.

The "My son went to Spain and all I got was this bumper sticker" is a nice addition to the car Tom.

I got a few reports from his trip to Ibiza this past week that made me laugh/cringe at the same time.

Now that looking down on gays, transgenders, mentally ill, developmentally disabled, handicapped, etc. is unacceptable, it's nice to see people find creative new ways to look down on people. MMA, jorts, neighborhoods, stickers . . . watever it takes to make us feel better about ourselves.

From time to time I notice a car with some type of "on the beach" driving permit stickers. They collect one each year. So it will be a nice Land Rover or Tahoe with several crooked stickers for on it's bumper for each of the last X years. Not sure what it is. Hopefully it's special enough to make your car look awful.

This is a BIG Massachusetts thing. You've got people who go to Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, or certain parts of Cape Cod where you can drive on the beach (which I will admit is a great way to spend the day). In my town, you have to bring your car at the beginning of the season and show them your extra equipment (rope, wood, full size spare, tire pressure gauge, etc. to make sure you can get out of a stuck spot on the beach) and you get a permit for the rest of the season so you don't have to do that test every day. So for any single season it serves its purpose, but many people just leave the permits on forever. It is moderately fun to see a 1985 suburban with 30 years of stickers, but when you have a $90K 2011 toyota landcruiser with 4 years of stickers on it, you're trying too hard.

We need a beach parking permit for our town's lots and the first thing I do when the summer is over is peel that thing off.

As far as Villanova is concerned, I love when people have Nova stickers on their cars up here. Just makes me happy to see it - that being said, I don't have anything.

My pet peeve is leaving the car dealership sticker on your car. Why give that damn dealership free advertising?

There is a Chicago area dealership whose sticker is a huge round sicker with MW on it. I cannot understand how people buy cars there. I won't even tolerate the license plate frame with the dealership name on it.

There is a Chicago area dealership whose sticker is a huge round sicker with MW on it. I cannot understand how people buy cars there. I won't even tolerate the license plate frame with the dealership name on it.
Years ago, my dealership would put the license plate frame on the car every time I brought in for service, pissed me off so much. I think they kept on doing it cause they know it pissed me off

Compared to political bumper stickers, I'd say any college or school ones are about 0.000001% as annoying, and I can accept just about anything. If it makes you happy to display where you or your kids go and how well you or they have done, have at it. Likewise, if you want to talk about races you ran, that's silly but we're probably all better off that you're getting some exercise, even if you're probably not much of a runner that just completing and telling people you ran those races is your goal. And if you want to represent your favorite vacation spot, live and let live.

But when I see a car adorned with multiple Obama campaign stickers and probably a Hilary Clinton one too, I can be pretty sure that's not a person I'd want to associate with, and it annoys me as your poor decisions are impacting us all. This is very common driving in and out of DC each day, probably see at least one or two a day like that. And if it's topped off with one of the local MD or VA former office holders or losers in elections (like laughingstock presidential hopeful O'Malley and his former no. 2 "I lost to a Republican in MD" Brown), you're probably a total insufferable p.o.s. and too dangerous to even be on the road -- I guess I should be happy to have the notice the stickers provide.

"baby...on board...something, something...Burt Ward...."

I have one of those silver license plate outline things...tasteful, picked up by Mrs. Massey as a birthday present. Don't see a lot of them in KS.

My 1974-1981 New York State license plate was beatbc.........not a vanity plate just tried to annoy the bc boys back in the day

Yeah, how do we stay on top of these social rules? Are they codified on a stone tablet somewhere? I'm ashamed but I have a Villanova basketball t-shirt on and I'm 40. Hopefully that is acceptable loungewear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT