ADVERTISEMENT

#IStandWithAhmed

To recap:

Disassemble a Radio Shack Clock.
Put it in a box.
Bring it to School.
Take a 10 minute ride in the back of a cop car.
Meet the President
Take $15M from tax payers and schools.
Bring that $15M to Qatar where the Government openly abuses/works slaves to death.

Hope he doesn't practice yoga or he might have to give some of that money back to real Indians.

Reactions: RW_Prescott
they're claiming he and his family suffered "mental anguish"

the kid became a celebrity, went to the White House, and got a scholarship. cry me a freaking river Timberlake.

He will get some money out of this. Don't act like you wouldn't have done the same thing.

Suing the school district is almost never the answer. I think the police acted accordingly, the guy brought a friggen suitcase with a ticking clock in it for God's sake. Obviously it was just a Radio Shack clock, but still.

They're asking for more money than the total received by the families of Michael Garner and Walter Scott, who were killed on video by police.

I hope they follow through on this lawsuit, because I would love to see Ahmed's father get deposed by Irving's counsel.

With the heightened state of alert going on right now, any kid who brings a box with wires hanging out will get questioned and if it looks like a bomb the cops will be brought in...Any school administrator that would not do that would face serious disciplinary review. Just think if something were to happen and nothing was done about a known situation.

I mean just an abandoned back pack is something that a school might call in the police about. That is what they are now recommending with the heightened travel alerts and overall alert for potential attacks.

BTW, not a fan of Bill Maher, but he was great on the last real-time discussing the terrorism/refugee issue with his panel and the woman from Canada was a moron. When he mentioned maybe there is something wrong with Islam and maybe they have some bad ideas when 18% of Turkish Muslims believe in honor killing! That's about 1 in 5..... And then he also, pointed out that 8% of Indonesians (a very moderate Muslim population) are sympathetic to ISIS based on Pew polling. This equates to about 6 Million Muslims from a moderate country. And pointed out the dramatic restrictions on women to even walk about on their own is forbidden by a significant population of that religion.

Yet, the lib from Canada still would not say that there are some issues there and maybe some bad ideas that are shared by a significant number of those that would be coming here. I just don't get why Libs defend these ideas so vigorously. Talk about a war on women and homophobia....they pretty much are defined by that.

So yeah, some bad idea's in that religion and maybe we don't want people with those values in our country. As Maher pointed out, Britain's Prime Minister recently said they deal with 6000 cases on female mutilation and 4000 honor killings each year that they are aware of....and that is just what they are aware of. Yikes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT