ADVERTISEMENT

Jay's biggest recruiting misses past 4 years

TRIP4VU

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 11, 2001
Gavin Schilling and Lennard Freeman. After watching almost all of the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, I am more convinced Jay knows exactly what he's doing and what it takes to succeed in March. I'm not interested in debating size here only to say had we had one of these two, we would've been playing today with a great chance to go to the F4. Jay knew damn well we needed one more strong, athletic garbage guy. A guy who could get a key offensive rebound, put back, and clog the middle. Jay knew that and that's why he went all in on those two guys. That's what we needed when DO was struggling. I know, bad shooting is what killed us, but other teams shoot poorly and advance. We couldn't.

Jay knew this but I'm sure he was banking on the fact that DO was so much better, but one of those two guys would've have made the difference. Clearly, Jay didn't get comfortable enough with Reynolds playing those key minutes - especially when DO went to the bench.

You look at all the teams the past 4 days that won a game, they had a lot of interchangeable bangers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News