ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Harvey

He's gotta be hurt. Waiting for him to get shut down again.

Chicago+Cubs+Photo+Day+OVtCf0FnV2Bl.jpg

He's either hurt or he's just fat and no longer cares. Or both.

He's either hurt or he's just fat and no longer cares. Or both.

Can't be both, Hasn't made his money yet. Was actually looking great until the blood clot in spring training. Probably needs to be shut down for a while.

Oh good, another thread about the NL East. Haven't seen enough of those lately.
Yankees fans dont even have enough spunk to respond to ncaaball's eulogy for their team. Our only Red Sox fan converted to Nats fandom. Orioles fans' meth withdrawal prevents them from typing effectively. What other baseball fans are there on this NE corridor newsgroup?

Looks like the polish is coming off the turd now, too bad they couldn't swing the deal for Harper while he was hot. At least Mets fans will always have his photo shoots to look back on.
mets-matt-harvey-for-new-york-post.jpg

I enjoyed having a true class act like Halladay in town, well worth it, he was the best there was in the game for at least one of those years (probably two), Phils fans hadn't seen that over a full year arguably since Schilling (even then had Pedro doing his thing, and 'roided up Roger). And while I don't subscribe to this, to a Mets fan a playoff no hitter alone would probably be worth him being useless for even more time than he was, then add the perfect game to the mix.

Another title with that group was worth the risk for Halladay. Am ok with what we got and gave up, at the time and now. Especially if you couldn't avoid the Lee trade -- dumb as it was -- once they were set on dealing Lee for a handful of third tier Canadian, deaf and coke-addled "prospects" did need another top end starter.

Good thing Toronto traded them Thor for the unpolished turd. Imagine Thor with the Jays. Good Lord. That deal really saved the Mets right now.

Good thing Toronto traded them Thor for the unpolished turd. Imagine Thor with the Jays. Good Lord. That deal really saved the Mets right now.

And were extremely fortunate that the Gomez trade fell thru.

I saw an article yesterday that quoted a scout who said Harvey's throwing across his body which gives the hitters a better look at the ball. It could be a bad habit or poor form brought about by injury or fatness.

So Harvey turned out to be the cheeseburger fiend and not Trout as originally suspected? This is what happens when your source is someone you think is in the know that you meet when your wife is shopping for a washing machine.

'Source' was a GM in the league. Big fan of yours but you're just trying too damn hard.

Harvey is such a baby, he can't even face the media after a tough start (again). He was rightfully lambasted by the NY media today. Couldn't have happened to a douchier guy.

Aaron "the Bright Knight" Nola would never do that.
Nola has the exact temperament you'd want from a pitcher. Nothing phases him, he never shows emotion. Reminds me a lot of Halladay in that regard. Have you ever seen the guy in the dugout when it's not his day to pitch? He looks exactly the same when he is on the mound.

Nola has the exact temperament you'd want from a pitcher. Nothing phases him, he never shows emotion. Reminds me a lot of Halladay in that regard. Have you ever seen the guy in the dugout when it's not his day to pitch? He looks exactly the same when he is on the mound.
Unlike the Phillies last 2 hot pitching prospects- Brett Myers and Cole Hamels. Both mound divas.

And until this year , Harvey is the guy who wants to put 97 in your ear if you get too close. I'll take that too. He'll be ok. Nola has middle of the rotation stuff. I'm glad he's calm though.

Reactions: NickleDimer
And until this year , Harvey is the guy who wants to put 97 in your ear if you get too close. I'll take that too. He'll be ok. Nola has middle of the rotation stuff. I'm glad he's calm though.
Dude - Harvey stinks right now, and I wouldn't be all that certain that he will be ok. This is not a small sample size kind of thing.

Dude - Harvey stinks right now, and I wouldn't be all that certain that he will be ok. This is not a small sample size kind of thing.

There are literally dozens of examples of very good pitchers going through extended periods of awful. It happens. I'm not one to write off several good years for 2 bad months. Till then it's Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler on the way back, and deGrom just fine. But hey, Nola's calm out there. All good on your end too.

Reactions: NickleDimer
There are literally dozens of examples of very good pitchers going through extended periods of awful. It happens. I'm not one to write off several good years for 2 bad months. Till then it's Syndergaard, Matz, Wheeler on the way back, and deGrom just fine. But hey, Nola's calm out there. All good on your end too.
Detailed examples please. I anxiously await your answer.

movinggoalpost.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT