ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Harvey

Detailed examples please. I anxiously await your answer.

Cliff Lee, Luis Tiant, Jim Palmer, Strasburgh last year, Verlander, David Price (right now) Sabathia - off the top of my head just to name a few. It happens ALL THE TIME. I mean, did you just start watching baseball? Do you even watch at all? Or do you just post the lineups and that's it?

His velocity is there for the most part. He's tiring early, he's not locating well. Doesn't have a great feel. Leaving pitches up. You can ignore the last 4 years he played. That's fine. I'm not going to do that. I would shut him down for a bit and let him get some rest. But you'd have to be a fool to write him off.

My bad, forgot who I was dealing with.

Strasburg last year almost the same place Harvey is in right now - hard thrower with excellent secondary stuff, second year off surgery and struggling with command.

Look at his April and May of 2015.

And no clue why the goal posts are posted. What have i moved?

None of those players are in the same situation as Harvey. I need detailed examples of elite pitchers who are still in the prime of their career that went to shit as quickly as Harvey did. Maybe he's injured, maybe he'll turn it around, but right now he is terrible and not even close to looking good. And coming back from TJ is not an excuse, Harvey pitched well last season all the way through his last start in the WS.

Interesting except here from an article that says to stop worrying about Harvey:

If you search long enough you can find examples of 27-year-old superstars collapsing for no apparent reason, but not many. Great baseball players typically continue being great baseball players until they’re way older than Harvey is, and Harvey — no matter what anyone tells you — has been an astonishingly great baseball player for the bulk of his Major League career.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/matt-harvey-new-york-mets-struggles-media-what-to-do-bad-mlb

I really don't care what happens to Harvey, but I do enjoy seeing diva's fail. He can go out and gallivant around town when he is pitching well but he can't face the media (not just a 1 time thing, it has happened multiple times) after getting shelled? That just leaves your teammates and coaches to answer for you. He just doesn't seem like a good teammate.

I just told you to go look at Strasburg last year April and May. In his prime. Pitching horribly. For 2 months. No go get your effin shine box.

Harvey is on my fantasy team so I am not enjoying his struggles despite hating him and the Mets. They will give him a break, skip a few starts, and maybe he'll have a decent recovery.

Harvey is on my fantasy team so I am not enjoying his struggles despite hating him and the Mets. They will give him a break, skip a few starts, and maybe he'll have a decent recovery.
What more could you ask of a frontline starter!

Also dmil - without knowing anything about you and your baseball watching habits, I can guarantee I watch more baseball than you.

Also dmil - without knowing anything about you and your baseball watching habits, I can guarantee I watch more baseball than you.

So you know nothing about what I do, but you'll guarantee it. Good move.

Anyway, if that is true, perhaps rack the ole noodle and understand what you're looking at in the big picture.

Haha yeah - what a coincidence, 2 of the bigger vaginas in the game.

Now look who's moving goalposts .....

Nola is calm and talented. Greg Maddox had middle-of-the-rotation stuff, but was a top of the rotation performer. Not every pitcher needs to throw 95-96 to be top of the rotation caliber. Some guys who know how to pitch can be that, too.

With that said, I'm not writing Harvey off. Chances are good that he'll find himself eventually.

i

He threw way too many innings year after Tommy john.

Nola is calm and talented. Greg Maddox had middle-of-the-rotation stuff, but was a top of the rotation performer. Not every pitcher needs to throw 95-96 to be top of the rotation caliber. Some guys who know how to pitch can be that, too.

With that said, I'm not writing Harvey off. Chances are good that he'll find himself eventually.

Please tell me you did not put Gregg Maddox and Aaron Nola in the same sentence. Maddox did not have middle of the rotation stuff. He had unhittable stuff. For a decade. I like Nola, He should be in this league for a while here, but c'mon.

Please tell me you did not put Gregg Maddox and Aaron Nola in the same sentence. Maddox did not have middle of the rotation stuff. He had unhittable stuff. For a decade. I like Nola, He should be in this league for a while here, but c'mon.

Not comparing him to Maddux. That would be silly. But at first glance I bet you no one thought Maddux was top of the rotation type guy either. That's my point. He wasn't a flame-thrower, hardly. But he was an intelligent, savvy, pin-point control pitcher, who had much of a clue as anyone. He wasn't nasty, tho.

Nola has similar characteristics. No, I'm not predicting that type of success at all. But he could still be a top of the rotation guy and make a few AS games along the way. The kid really knows how to pitch.

Weasely, weasely little man.
I'm pretty sure I am taller than you.

Anyways - I hope you realize I have just been trolling you here, surprised you fell for it honestly seeing as you are a master at it yourself.

My honest opinion on Harvey - his 2016 season is shit, no matter what he does his stats this year will not come back down to respectable numbers. I am no expert in pitching so I have no opinion on why he is struggling, but I did read an interesting piece which pegs it as his reluctance to throw the FB on the 2nd/3rd time through the lineup and has been opting more for his slider which is by far his weakest pitch and he has been getting hammered when he throws it. He is obviously a very talented player and I expect him to get back to form, but I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't get back there either. Say what you want but he seems weak mentally and his actions over the past couple starts have shown that.

Edit - here is the link to the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...matt-harvey-needs-to-make-to-save-his-season/

Well Harvey rebounded with his best outing of the season, 1-0 vs. CWS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT