ADVERTISEMENT

MLB trade deadline thread

Cordero and Tirado sound like Aumont at this stage. Rick Vaughn with California Penal control. Tirado is a guy who is/was supposed to be something that hit a bit of a wall this yr as he progressed through the higher levels of A ball. Cordero I wouldnt expect much from. Throws exceptionally hard but little hope of corralling his stuff, big league hitters will dare him to throw strikes. Tirado could be something. Still only 20.

Last edited:
Totally agree...but if you aren't part of the Phillies Prospect Hype Machine from the time you're drafted, Amaro doesn't know your name...

Tirado is certainly the better prospect. As I said, Cordero was totally off the radar but started to get his command this season and throws 100MPH on a consistent basis. Giles was never ever a thought three years ago as he had command issues galore even though he threw 100 MPH. That is the best case scenario for a guy like Cordero is that continues to improve his command and makes it to the majors.

Cordero and Tirado sound like Aumont at this stage. Rick Vaughn with California Penal control. Tirado is a guy who is/was supposed to be something that hit a bit of a wall this yr as he progressed through the higher levels of A ball. Cordero I wouldnt expect much from. Throws exceptionally hard but little hope of corralling his stuff, big league hitters will dare him to throw strikes. Tirado could be something. Still only 20.

Great return for Revere no matter how you slice it. Not saying the Aumont comparison is that off necessarily, but he was the centerpiece of a (historically abominable, from the moment it was announced) trade for an Ace coming off some of his best work, this is a deal for, being kind, a two tool corner outfielder with a low ceiling, pitiful arm, poor metrics as far as walks and absolutely no power. These guys have the stuff great bullpens are made of -- if one of them pans out and becomes even a 7th or 8th inning guy he's worth more than Revere, and the ceiling on the return is very high.

Only way this would make sense for the jays is if they know both of these guys are about to have positive roids tests announced. Even then I'd be fine with it.

Agreed, Revere was and is terrible.

Not according to King douchebag Jack McCaffrey who penned that the Phillies went too far in their rebuild by trading Revere. He referenced his high average, speed, good defense (Not arm strength no one could go that far), being in the middle of his career, and only making 4 mil as to why they should of kept him. Oh yea, he has already written off the two pitchers they got back. Saying one plays at level equivalent to the Delco League. Yea, Jack, the Delco League has guys throwing in the mid-90's.

I loathe this man.

Revere was a good guy, played hard, and could do a couple of things well. He wasn't terrible like many said, but he had no future here. Like zero. Let's watch a 4-year younger Herrera every day and see what he's about.

Oh yea, Aaron Altherr was 3-5 last night. I can't wait to see John Danks.

One last thing while I'm on a role, but I'm looking forward to a semi-hot streak by Dom Beown that leads to the Philllies to giving him another chance next year.

Reactions: obriend1
Revere may make 4M this year but in arbitration that will likely double or more next year and no way he is worth 8-10M a year.

They should keep wheeler just because it's a given Degrom or Syndergard will be next with Tommy John.

deGrom already had TJ surgery, are you saying he'll have it again?

Anyway, I like the trade. Cespedes probably better than Gomez, and they keep Wheeler. Brightsiding material for GCitW Metsies fans.

deGrom already had TJ surgery, are you saying he'll have it again?

Anyway, I like the trade. Cespedes probably better than Gomez, and they keep Wheeler. Brightsiding material for GCitW Metsies fans.

Forgot about deGrom. Syndergard is on deck then.

Not according to King douchebag Jack McCaffrey who penned that the Phillies went too far in their rebuild by trading Revere. He referenced his high average, speed, good defense (Not arm strength no one could go that far), being in the middle of his career, and only making 4 mil as to why they should of kept him. Oh yea, he has already written off the two pitchers they got back. Saying one plays at level equivalent to the Delco League. Yea, Jack, the Delco League has guys throwing in the mid-90's.

I loathe this man.

Revere was a good guy, played hard, and could do a couple of things well. He wasn't terrible like many said, but he had no future here. Like zero. Let's watch a 4-year younger Herrera every day and see what he's about.

Oh yea, Aaron Altherr was 3-5 last night. I can't wait to see John Danks.

One last thing while I'm on a role, but I'm looking forward to a semi-hot streak by Dom Beown that leads to the Phillies to giving him another chance next year.

Altherr should be up here but blame Asche and Brown. Amaro is afraid that Altherr might actually show one of them up and that would ruin the plan this season. You didn't know that Asche is a key rebuilding piece? Brown has to play every day to see to convince them he is one as well. Amaro is incapable of thinking outside the box ever. A post said it above that Altherr was not one of their "top" prospects going into the season. Its a disgrace that a kid who is tearing up the minors and is 24 can't be called up and given a chance. But, hey there is always that September call-up to see him play twice a week.

Matty, Gillick and McPhail have just as much say on personnel matters at this point. If Gillick told Ruben they wanted a player up then it would happen.

And make no mistake I'm not of the mindset that Altherr is some stud in the making. He's not. And chances are that he probably be no better than either of them. However, my beef is that he's performing very well (Much better than Brown did), so why won't the worst team in baseball give him a real shot in a season with nothing on the line?

Matty, Gillick and McPhail have just as much say on personnel matters at this point. If Gillick told Ruben they wanted a player up then it would happen.

And make no mistake I'm not of the mindset that Altherr is some stud in the making. He's not. And chances are that he probably be no better than either of them. However, my beef is that he's performing very well (Much better than Brown did), so why won't the worst team in baseball give him a real shot in a season with nothing on the line?

Burrs: I agree that he is no stud with five tools but he is already 24 and has shown power with some speed and good defense and hitting for average. That should be more than enough to bring him up now and give him two months to play every day but they will not sit Asche or Brown. I agree to a degree about Gillick and McPahil but not concerning the minors. That is still most likely Amaro's call. McPhail has not had enough time to make any judgement on the minor league system of the Phillies.

Bottom line is that we both agree that Altherr should have been called up but that is not what this organization does at the moment.

guy-fieri-renaissance-baby-1-595x595.png

I don't get the love of Asche. The guy is a .250 hitter with minimal power playing out of position. I've seen enough of him to know that he will be nothing more than a bench player his whole career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT