ADVERTISEMENT

MLB trade deadline thread

Who is Nelson?
latest

Does Gdog mean Norris from TOR?

At best he's marginally better than Thompson in terms of potential. The other two arms DET got are comparable to the other arms the Phillies got from Texas.

So, DET got Norris. The Phillies got Thompson, Williams, and Alfaro.

So, you rather have just Norris because he's TOR's top prospect than the three the Phillies got?

Norris is who I mean. A guy like him should headline a deal for a guy like Hamels. Front line prospect.

Norris is who I mean. A guy like him should headline a deal for a guy like Hamels. Front line prospect.

You claimed all prospects are crap shoots earlier yet you want one of the crapshoots to somehow take precedence over another. Totes redonks.

Did you read what I wrote above? Did you understand it?

So, you would have preferred TORs package for Hameis? Given a choice you would have taken Norris and those two other pitchers?

ND is trolling with his phillies bashing. Gdog is just plain dumb. Stick to tennis, sport.

Let's be fair here, Norris is considered a better prospect than any of the guys Philly got for Hamels. Quit playing games by saying he's so-and-so's top prospect. Norris is considered the best prospect moved in either deal. The Phillies got 6 guys, they are playing some odds here. That's the trade off. They couldn't get teams top prospects for Hamels so they went with numbers in that next tier.

Norris is marginally better from a potential standpoint. Both are in BA midseason top 50. Norris rated higher, but unless you're right near the top of the list the difference isn't all that great.

They got three top 5 guys from a team with good system. Will they pan out? I have no clue. Stop poo-pooing it. The consensus between baseball people is that the Phillies did well.

A guy like Norris should've HEADLINED a deal for a stud like Hamels. Not be the only guy. But a centerpiece.

The notion that a rental is more valuable to a contender than a 31 yr old who is still touching 96 on the gun is ridiculous. Hamels clearly has a few high end yrs left.

I would rather have done nothing. The only connection with the Outfield I want him is listening to this.

maxresdefault.jpg

He can play second base if he really wants.

I applaud this. Standing applause. I can't even post a GIF that would do it justice.

Hey GDog, wasn't Cliff Lee a 31 year old touching 96 on the gun a few years ago?? So by the time the Phillies are really competing, assume the Phillies don't trade Hamels for 3 top 100 prospects, Hamels will be on the DL and retiring at the end of the year. Or they move Hamels now, go into full rebuild mode, get a big group of prospects and play the odds like ADP stated, etc. They didn't give up Hamels for their 10th through 15th best prospects. They got their best pitching prospect, their Nola, and a catcher that Jason Stark just said is the guy they wanted included the entire time.

Jesus, you know the world is upside down today when ADP thinks it is a good trade and GDog is crushing it.

Great trade by the Astros for Gomez. Sucks for the Mets. And I love that.

I never said they should've held onto him. I think Gallo shouldve deservedly been the headliner but whatever, it wasnt a terrible deal.

I wonder if the Phillies will try Alfaro in right field. He's got a cannon and is a good athlete. The Rangers seemed to feel catcher was wearing his body down some and he wasnt a great defensive catcher to begin with.

Conlin would have talked about watching a young Cole Hamels, when he was just 17 and a prospect to be drafted. With his dreamy baby face and angular body, Conlin knew he was destined for greatness.

Seriously, how many times do you guys think Conlin yanked it to Cole?

Easily the most disturbing post I've read on here in a long time, well done.

Mets/Reds talking a Bruce for Wheeler deal. Mets might need to give up another player. Mets worried about that flash-in-the-pan Lagares in CF. may move Granderson to CF.

The Mets are hellbent to move Wheeler for an outfielder. My question is why not just hold onto him and sign a guy like Heyward or Justin Upton as a free agent instead? I mean if you're engaging teams for Yopenis and Bruce it's not like you are aiming higher than Heyward and Upton in the first place.

The Mets are hellbent to move Wheeler for an outfielder. My question is why not just hold onto him and sign a guy like Heyward or Justin Upton as a free agent instead? I mean if you're engaging teams for Yopenis and Bruce it's not like you are aiming higher than Heyward and Upton in the first place.
Good point, isn't Wheeler good?

They should keep wheeler just because it's a given Degrom or Syndergard will be next with Tommy John.

DeGrom, Thor, Harvey, Wheeler. I wouldnt want to break up that foursome for an outfielder that is not a stud.

Matz looks pretty good too based on just 2 starts. Best starting 5 ever? FoyeEffect?

The Mets are in no position financially to give guys like Upton or Heyward a huge contract in offseason.

Smart to trade from strength. They'll all be going thru arbitration years at the same time. Not all of them are getting contracts.

Plus, they want to make a run this year.

Funny how they are low balling every team, tho.

Dalton Pompey for Revere? I doubt very much that speculation is true.

Two more young power arms. Cordero consistency hits 100MPH on the gun. He is just got promoted to AA after dominating High Single A. He is a late bloomer and was totally off the radar before this season.
Tirado is their #9 prospect and is at High Single A and performing very well when you look at the numbers. Basically you have two young power arms coming back to the Phils. Ages 23 and 20 respectively.

Jordan Danks?! He's a bum. Why keep throwing retreads out there? Christ. Hopefully they ship francouer out too. Maybe he'll be a waiver deal in Sept.
Pleas tell me that is not official. Unbelievable. What the hell are they waiting for? Altheer is 24 years old and dominated Double AA this season and doing well at Triple AAA. Why don't we find out about this kid?

Last edited:
Jordan Danks?! He's a bum. Why keep throwing retreads out there? Christ. Hopefully they ship francouer out too. Maybe he'll be a waiver deal in Sept.

100% agree.......

Altherr line over AA/AAA is very good. He's athletic. Has double digit HRs/SBs. 800+ OPS.

Ok, I get he's not considered a "big" prospect, but maybe you stumbled onto something. You're in effing last place. Let the kid play for two months and see how he does.

His numbers are way better than Dom Brown's who's effing older. In fact, if Dom Briwn did produce those numbers in triple-A, then people would be raving about how he's figuring it out.

I can't stand how players get labeled. Sometimes guys defy the odds.

Pleas tell me that is not official. Unbelievable. What the hell are they waiting for? Altheer is 24 years old and dominated Double AA this season and doing well at Triple AAA. Why don't we find out about this kid?

Totally agree...but if you aren't part of the Phillies Prospect Hype Machine from the time you're drafted, Amaro doesn't know your name...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT