ADVERTISEMENT

Nail biter Cats win 35-31 at 51 sec, in 4th Q

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
Although outplayed statisticall by W&M QB Robby mounted at 69 yd three completion drive to take the lead in the last 51 sec. Two forced fumbles by W&M deep in the red zone critical for win. D holds of desperation passing attack to end game.

This post was edited on 10/18 7:01 PM by PCH

A real gutty win by our Cats. This comeback win will stand them in good stead going forward. Hats off to W&M coming back from that debacle at UNH last week. They have a good coach and a good team. He knew our weakness, used his WR, All-American, who was terrific today, so effectively. That allowed their other receivers and running backs to also be successful. Their inconsistent QB also had his best day as a result. Cats were on their heels much of the game but hung on to to pull out a "did that really happen, win". Another CAA Offensive POW for Robertson? Maybe they will give it to McBride, because it's getting boring. I'm still having trouble believing we pulled that one out. Special season continues.

Great game, the team found a way to win. Nice to see Clay Horne make a key reception. Defense came up big when they had to.

Suprised to see W&M bounce back from thrashing by UNH last week. Like the Nova-Cuse game they now have a coulda, woulda, shoulda game. Robby didn't have his best game but showed he can pull it out in the last 2 minutes. Like the Delaware game last year.

W&M beat us, but we won the game. They had over 500 yards of offense. Their top receiver, Tre McBride had 11 catched for 200+ yards, their QB Steve Cluly outplayed Robertson stats-wise, but in the end, the Cats escape Williamsburg with the W.

A win is a win, is a win. Coach Mass. So are you saying W&M is better than VU? And is VU better than Cuse? Cats very well might see W&M in playoffs as in 09.

watched graphics on a cellphone at a windy oyster bar.......35-31 is all i know with late td....thats good enough for me

John Robertson led the Cats to the winning TD. They went 69 yds in 58 seconds with no time outs. JR threw the winning TD pass at the end of the drive. The W&M QB did not lead his team to victory.
Tre McBride will be playing on Sunday next season.
ON D Cherry and Lucas were super.

The last drive crippling tackle on Mc Bride helped clinch our win.

This post was edited on 10/19 12:31 PM by UncleBill57

The hit that McBride took was one of the hardest hits I've seen in a long time. We were sitting on the opposite side of the field and you could hear the hit. Great gameday atmosphere. Great win by the Cats,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT