ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft/Rumors Thread

Houston made the conference finals....with Pablo Prigioni and Jason Terry's corpse running the point. Why? Well, because they have Harden. But also because "shit" Howard kept Griffin-Jordan from ravaging them in the paint.

I hate the way Okafor game translates and he is not a fit in Philly. You had to take him there, I get it. However, this was worse case for the sixers. Hopefully they trade him.

Why do you have to trade Oak? You dont think Noel has good value? Sixers need to see how Embid's foot looks before they do sh*t.

Why is anyone comparing Howard to Okafor? Howard is a freak a athlete. Okafor is not a good athlete. He can't run or jump and will be a horrible defender, like awful.

As for Okafor's D - apparently he was given avid instruction from Coach K to NOT FOUL so he could stay on the court and impact the game so much for them on the other end. That may explain some of his matador defense. May. Again - with Noel or Embiid they dont require him to be a fly swatter but perhaps he's not as bad a defender as we believe if Coach K didnt want him being aggressive defensively.

Why is anyone comparing Howard to Okafor? Howard is a freak a athlete. Okafor is not a good athlete. He can't run or jump and will be a horrible defender, like awful.

No one is. I'm talking about bigs as a whole and their impact in the NBA today. Noel or Embiid are the Sixers rim protector.

No one is. I'm talking about bigs as a whole and their impact in the NBA today. Noel or Embiid are the Sixers rim protector.
But then you ha e two guys who cannot shot and completely screws your ability to space th e floor

No It not he's a terrible shooter and he can't run the floor or guard a chair

How much weed is Phil Jackson know smoking these days? You think he sits round smoking J'S ALL Day laughing that Dolan gave him all that money?

Who should they have drafted, genius? Bilas #1 player in the draft and you're acting like they just got Christian Welp.

Let's stop calling me a genius. Seriously, settle down.

Widely considered the best offensive post player to come into the league in a decade and all you can do is harp on what a 19 yr old kid who isnt done maturing cant do well. He's not Wilt Chamberlain, got it.

No It not he's a terrible shooter and he can't run the floor or guard a chair

So, you know he's
Widely considered the best offensive post player to come into the league in a decade and all you can do is harp on what a 19 yr old kid who isnt done maturing cant do well. He's not Wilt Chamberlain, got it.

Shocking coming from the poster who raved about Julius Randall doing things that he never showed in college.

Anyone have a clue who will play guard for the Sixers this season?

So, you know he's

Shocking coming from the poster who raved about Julius Randall doing things that he never showed in college.

Coming from me? No coming from everything you will read from actual scouts. Something you arent. Not sure what you're talking about re: "Randall". Is that Julius Randle's brother?

Randle has serious ball skills.. Everyone knew this.. Of course burrs loves the pick

My point is...Okafor was the proper pick. I never said he was a flawless player. No player is in this draft but you sound like a whiny ass bitch only harping on what he doesnt do well. Anyone can do that with any player in the whole damn draft. Hinkie has work to do forming a backcourt b/c next year's draft looks truly horrific for guards. He will need to trade one of the bigs for a good guard and lure a free agent guard at some point. It's not like they cant afford it.

Love that Grant trade for the Knicks and I don't really have an NBA team.

Phil Jackson looked like he barely cares about basketball

Sources say Hinkie has been trying to trade 2nd round picks to get into the late 1st and no one wants the picks. Surprise surprise.

You had to the him there. Said it already.. It was the worst outcome for th sixers. Two straight yes you tank and end up with a guy who had huge upside but injury concerns and now Okafor, who slipped in the past few months for reason. Socks anyway you slice it. I've been vocal for a long time on how I see Okafor translating and he's a terrible fit because we have no shooters and your other very good asset can shoot either. Which in the modern day NBA is a problem

You had to the him there. Said it already.. It was the worst outcome for th sixers. Two straight years you tank and end up with a guy who had huge upside but injury concerns and now Okafor, who slipped in the past few months for a reason. Sucks anyway you slice it. I've been vocal for a long time on how I see Okafor translating and he's a terrible fit because we have no shooters and your other very good asset can't shoot either. Which in the modern day NBA is a problem

I'd like to see the Sixers take Joseph Young from Oregon at some point.

BPA:

RJ Hunter, Young and a bunch of bigs the Sixers dont need. McCoullough. Mickey. Looney. Christmas. Dakari. Cliff Alexander.

Norman Powell a decent name still around.

Maybe we can get hunter to get one shooter. Probably be another big

There are basically no guards left besides Joe Young and Andrew Harrison. 2nd round is literally all frontcourt players.

So with all those 2s you take the euros to stash or trade for more future 2s. sweet. Love to see them use one on DH.

Coming from me? No coming from everything you will read from actual scouts. Something you arent. Not sure what you're talking about re: "Randall". Is that Julius Randle's brother?

Wasn't referring to you.

Randle has serious ball skills.. Everyone knew this.. Of course burrs loves the pick

Actually, I don't love the pick. I understand the pick. I wanted Russell. He was gone. I would have settled for Mudiay. If he turns into a stud then I'll be pissed. I had Okafor 4th on my list. They aren't drafting for need at this point, so if they felt that Okafor was the best player then you make the pick and let it work itself out.

You raved about Randle's shooting and maybe he'll be that, but he didn't display it in his one year in college. Not overly explosive/athletic either and not a good defender, but yet you raved about him. Again, maybe he turns into a really good pro. Just not sure why your not giving Okafor the same consideration.

Bizarre night from the Sixers
Thought Sam would be more aggressive

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT