ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
Wow. What a great series thus far. Some real nailbiters. Can't wait to hear how the narrative completely reverses now in typical moronic fashion.

The only thing I know for sure, besides Cleveland not being able to win at Oracle, is they need to send Kevin Love home. That dude makes Enes Kanter and Jahlil Okafor blush on the defensive end. Stinks.

Wow. What a great series thus far. Some real nailbiters. Can't wait to hear how the narrative completely reverses now in typical moronic fashion.

The only thing I know for sure, besides Cleveland not being able to win at Oracle, is they need to send Kevin Love home. That dude makes Enes Kanter and Jahlil Okafor blush on the defensive end. Stinks.

So you'd take Okafor over Love?

Some awesome players in the NBA right now, but overall it's down from past eras. Can't say that CBB is not what it was for the last ten years than turn around and expect the NBA to be at the level we're used to seeing. Wouldn't be congruent no matter how much you value the Euros.

Kevin Love is the worst defender I've ever seen. Ever. Constantly out of position against pick and rolls. Makes me nervous about playing Delaney or Painter. You can only have so many tall white guys in your rotation.

Kevin Love is the worst defender I've ever seen. Ever. Constantly out of position against pick and rolls. Makes me nervous about playing Delaney or Painter. You can only have so many tall white guys in your rotation.

Dude, don't worry about a possible Delaney/Painter pairing. What? Two, three years from now? They'll never be playing a team like the Warriors. Ha ha

James is too passive at critical times. However, the untrained eye will point to another almost triple-double.

Reactions: tomjackleman
Dude, don't worry about a possible Delaney/Painter pairing. What? Two, three years from now? They'll never be playing a team like the Warriors. Ha ha

James is too passive at critical times. However, the untrained eye will point to another almost triple-double.
LBJ's problem is he has no shot anymore. Him and Kyrie drive into traffic and get collapsed on every time. Their best offense tonight was the Kyrie iso to pull up from 10-15, which won't win against the Warriors. The efficiency numbers just don't work. Love got killed on the boards at critical junctures, giving GS sometimes four chances to score.

The amount of isos down the stretch to Lebron and Kyrie were disgusting. As fun as the Warriors system is to watch at times, the Cavs system down the stretch was just unwatchable. Then the fact that they couldn't even take a 3 down 9 with 2-3 to go was pathetic.

Reactions: obriend1
You can't play only 7 guys against the warriors. And the worst part is Lue is making them push the pace so those 7 are even more worn out. GSW is clearly superior but Lue doesn't seem to understand nuance/pace - typical of a former player coach

You can't play only 7 guys against the warriors. And the worst part is Lue is making them push the pace so those 7 are even more worn out. GSW is clearly superior but Lue doesn't seem to understand nuance/pace - typical of a former player coach

A half of season of HC'ing experience doesn't help either.

D. Green assessed a flagrant and suspended one game. Weak. Nothing more than the NBA seeing an opportunity to increase the chances of all get series. Which, of course, benefits them.

Not sure it will matter.

Green is to GS what Josh Hart is to Nova. Driving. Shooting. Defense. Rebounding.

Cleveland has to beat them twice with Green back. That won't happen.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Arguably James' best game ever co did wrong the stage/stakes. And Irving was unconscious. The NBA got what they wanted, an extended series.

I understand how everyone thought that the Green suspension was going to anger the Warriors and push them to play pissed, but it seemed like LeBron was the one who had the chip on his shoulder last night. Green will now be watched like a hawk and if he decides to do something stupid (yes, kicking or punching someone in the balls is just stupid) he's going to get whistled reeeeeal quick. I could see LeBron continuing to play this way and putting the Cavs on his back again, as he's seemingly has found his jumper, to win Game 6. Could they do what the Warriors to the Thunder? That would be a hell of a way to cap off the playoffs.

irving and lebron were great last night but thats gonna be the problem in game 6 and 7 , they have to play that like 2 more times to win the series. and Curry has been pretty bad for the most part. missing open threes, taking bad shots and turning it over. Cleveland just isnt in the same class as GS. they have 2 stars and really not much else.

GS missed Green on defense. Lebron had so much cushion last night he got more confident with his jumper as the game wore on. Green is able to close that space and force him to drive into help. Irving was unconscious in the 4th.

Irving was unconscious for the entire game. he made so many contested, high-difficult shots.

It's shocking how bad Kevin Love is defensively on most possessions. Guy is either a knucklehead or just doesn't give a damn.

what do they do with him in the off season? he makes so much money a trade is gonna be tough. I think Wiggins would be so much better on that team. he can guard, is athletic and can get out and run. Love stinks. he sits in the corner and if he doesnt get the ball he does nothing to improve the ball movement or spacing. he was 1-5 last night.

Cleveland has risked everything for Lebron. they traded the #1, the traded a former #1 in Bennett (which was a terrible pick) and now it looks like they wont win it t his year and Love will be gone. Does Lebron stay or go in the offseason? any chance he and Durrant play together for a year? Westbrook , Durrant, Lebron on the same team?

what do they do with him in the off season? he makes so much money a trade is gonna be tough. I think Wiggins would be so much better on that team. he can guard, is athletic and can get out and run. Love stinks. he sits in the corner and if he doesnt get the ball he does nothing to improve the ball movement or spacing. he was 1-5 last night.

Cleveland has risked everything for Lebron. they traded the #1, the traded a former #1 in Bennett (which was a terrible pick) and now it looks like they wont win it t his year and Love will be gone. Does Lebron stay or go in the offseason? any chance he and Durrant play together for a year? Westbrook , Durrant, Lebron on the same team?

umm, Love in CLV was orchestrated by James. He wanted established players and wanted no parts of waiting around for a 19-year old Wiggins to develop. If the parts aren't fitting this is more on James, than CLV front office. Let's not be naive here.

i understand that, the started my last post with "Cleveland has risked everything for Lebron"

so my point is im not sure it was the right move in regards to winning a championship especially since Lebron can leave after this finals. it will be an interesting off season if Cleveland does not come back and win it.

Lebron didnt see GS coming last year. im not sure anyone did. this cleveland team is probably good enough to beat anyone but GS in a 7 game series. not saying they would be OKC or SA but they'd have a better chance.

Klay Thompson might be the best in game shooter i have ever seen.

Obviously Cleveland has a lot of work to do but why are we writing them off this season? If they can win game 6 at home it becomes a one game scenario for the title.

Obviously Cleveland has a lot of work to do but why are we writing them off this season? If they can win game 6 at home it becomes a one game scenario for the title.

Correct. Win a home game and it's a one-game series with the Cavs having the best player in the world. Now, I don't think this will happen. I believe Gs is better and it will be difficult for CLV to win three straight from them. Also, not sure James/Irving can duplicate last night two more times. Or, one more time because they probably don't need to be that good at home.

it took everything James and Irving had to beat GS without Green. not sure they can do that twice more with Green. id like to see Lebron step up again and win at home and force a game 7. no excuses for game 6. you are at home coming off a terrific rd win with plenty of rest.

it took everything James and Irving had to beat GS without Green. not sure they can do that twice more with Green. id like to see Lebron step up again and win at home and force a game 7. no excuses for game 6. you are at home coming off a terrific rd win with plenty of rest.

Cleveland did beat GS by 30 with Green just a week ago. This narrative that they needed all world performances from Irving and Jamss to beat them, and for Green to be out, is outright false, at least for game 6.

Reactions: adp98
Didn't Golden State just comeback from being down 3-1? I'm not expecting to Cleveland to win this series but it's a bit early to bury them.

Everyone talks about Steph and Klay but Green is as much of a superstar as them. In fact he may even do more than either one of those guys. They run a ton of their offense through his versatility, he rebounds like a center and often guards the other team's best wing. He frees Klay and Steph up to concentrate on shooting the ball. Dude is indispensable.

Plenty of cap space around the league. With the cap going up, his contract really isn't that bad.
Which is why he's easily traded and should fetch something good in return. They simply need to figure out if that's the road they go down.

exactly. i cant see James leaving. i can see him luring other players but not leaving Cleveland twice.

what would Love fetch? does KD leave OKC? Does Melo get moved? itll be an interesting off season.

Love may have prolonged his career by changing from a big PF rebounding machine and scorer down low to a jump shooting tall three man but his game is tough to watch anymore. I liked him better when he was in college and early on in the NBA when he was larger.

Tell you what else was interesting last night - how easily Kyrie was blowing by Curry. If he's gonna make shots like he did last night - it's not impossible. As burrs said - win a home game. See what happens.

Tell you what else was interesting last night - how easily Kyrie was blowing by Curry. If he's gonna make shots like he did last night - it's not impossible. As burrs said - win a home game. See what happens.
Kyrie attacking the rim is a thing of beauty. He does it in a different way than LeBron or Westbrook who just put their head down and explode to the rim. Kyrie does that somewhat but he clearly has better footwork and can finish pretty much better than anyone else in the NBA. He is a fun player to watch.

Correct. Win a home game and it's a one-game series with the Cavs having the best player in the world.
False.
usa-today-8638745.0.jpg

Golden St is pretty clearly the better team with Draymond Green in the lineup. They've blown Cleveland out 5 times this year with him playing. Lost one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT