ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoffs

Ball, probably just a few. I've caught segments of a lot of games.

My first priority/interest are CoP teams. The Flyers and Phillies come first.

So a few, I will go high end and say 5? Out of 33 games.

I watched around 8 Saint Joseph's (PA) games out of probably 30-35 on the season.

So why is it an idiot statement to say that I would take a random Saint Joseph's (PA) v. URI game in January over a NBA playoff game?

How many Saint Joseph's (PA) games and how many Temple games did you watch this year? A few? More than a few? If so, seems to me like you at least value those games on the same level as you do NBA playoff games in terms of your viewing interest.

Where does Nova rank? 19th?

For burrsies Nova has to be 2nd or 3rd in terms of percentage of games watched for him. Behind the Eagles which is probably 100%, he has to be up around 90% for Nova games. No way he is that high for the other 5 for 5 teams that he is a fan of.

First two rounds of the NBA feel like they go chalk almost every year. I'm sure there have been some mild upsets along the way, but nothing memorable really. I'd ben in favor of both the NBA and the NHL going 5 games in round one. I mean, was anyone in need of more Raptors/Pacers? More Celtics/Hawks? More Heat Hornets? Nah. We've seen enough.

I think it would foster a few more upsets as well. Lesser team might get a little lighting for 5 games, but the better team usually wins game 7.

These east games aren't even worth watching. Barring a torn quad for Lebron and a broken hand for Kyrie that team is waltzing to the finals. Everyone in the east may as well have been tanking for the last 3 years and the next 3 years.

For burrsies Nova has to be 2nd or 3rd in terms of percentage of games watched for him. Behind the Eagles which is probably 100%, he has to be up around 90% for Nova games. No way he is that high for the other 5 for 5 teams that he is a fan of.

Nah. Nova played 40 games. I watched the last 8 from start to finish. I probably watched another 7-8 in their entirety. Probably another 10-13 anywhere from 10 minutes to a half. Probably missed anywhere from 11 to 14 games.

The Eagkes are only 16 games. I don't miss any unless we have some sort of function on a Sunday which is rare.

I watch a lot of baseball. The only games I missed so far this year have been weekday afternoon games.

I watch a lot of the Sixers.

Team was 10-72. You're going to wake up some day and say, "I've wasted my life."

I doubt it. I don't revolve my schedule around any game, but weeknights during the fall/winter are for the most part chill at home nights.

I doubt it. I don't revolve my schedule around any game, but weeknights during the fall/winter are for the most part chill at home nights.

You might want to try reading a book instead. Or learning to cook. Maybe take an online course. Just about anything would be better.

Reactions: NickleDimer
You might want to try reading a book instead. Or learning to cook. Maybe take an online course. Just about anything would be better.

I read all of the time. Mostly articles on different subjects. I'm not a bad cook. No more courses for me. It's not about the W-L record for me. I just like sitting down and watching a game. I've never been a front-running type. Thick and thin, bro. With all four of them.

Last edited:
These east games aren't even worth watching. Barring a torn quad for Lebron and a broken hand for Kyrie that team is waltzing to the finals. Everyone in the east may as well have been tanking for the last 3 years and the next 3 years.
You said this about Miami for a while too.

You said this about Miami for a while too.

??

And lebron took them to the finals how many years in a row? Won't this make 5-6 straight Finals appearances for him? If you were trying to make a point I'm not sure what it was other than to confirm my already correct opinion.

??

And lebron took them to the finals how many years in a row? Won't this make 5-6 straight Finals appearances for him? If you were trying to make a point I'm not sure what it was other than to confirm my already correct opinion.
Yes, by your accounts, no one in the East other than Miami should worry about anything.

Things change. Like someone getting traded.

Yes, by your accounts, no one in the East other than Miami should worry about anything.

Things change. Like someone getting traded.

I was inferring that any team had Lebron on it in the East was and is Finals bound, if that wasn't obvious. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough.

With the exception of the Sixers 4 yrs ago when DRose got hurt this Portland team is easily the shittiest team to have ever played in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT