ADVERTISEMENT

Obama's Charleston Euolgy

NickleDimer

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Feb 7, 2002
Brightsidersville, USA
www.philly.com
Solid work by #44 tonight. Looking forward to our resident latent racists' mockery of it.

399px-barack_obama_hope_poster.jpg

Reactions: BEEFER.
Amazing that not having to ever have another election brings out honesty

Reactions: kjbert
In 30 years, that will be the speech he is remembered for. Like W at the rubble, Reagan in Berlin and Kennedy's Inauguration.

Well done by O

Reactions: Shananigans
the guy flat out lies to get elected and is admired by only a few vocal lib's.

I'm of the opinion that Obama is an atheist. That's really the only thing that explains why he would claim to be a member of church led by a black nationalist.

would a non-muslim want the name Barrack Hussein Obama?

If only anyone wanted to listen to what he says anymore. He hasn't realized yet the no one cares what he has to say.

But he didn't he was busy community organizing. It takes hard work to build something. Looking forward to seeing your democratic rankings. Hilary or bust lot to be proud of there.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Community organizing... easy living. Exploiting cheap Chinese labor... HARD WORK.

I wonder if any Obama hating Christians were able to keep their composure enough to consider what he said about grace. Or did they flip the channel as soon as they saw a room full of brown people?

Also: very gutsy for a shitty singer to put himself out there like that.

I listened to the entire eulogy last night...and I went to catholic school for sixteen years and to mass every sunday......what exactly is "grace" again??

The extent of my catholic education is a single class with Fr. Bernie Lazor where he scowled at us and told us how awful we were. But my understanding is that grace, in the religious sense, is the unconditional love of God.

In the secular world, grace is traditionally defined as the HR swing of Pat Burrell or the three point stroke of Allen Ray.

The extent of my catholic education is a single class with Fr. Bernie Lazor where he scowled at us and told us how awful we were. But my understanding is that grace, in the religious sense, is the unconditional love of God.

In the secular world, grace is traditionally defined as the HR swing of Pat Burrell or the three point stroke of Allen Ray.
Actually, you've got it backwards, ND. Grace is God's unconditional love of us. It's the reason He gave His son to wash away sin. Btw, not trying to start an argument. I'm just putting out the fact as it relates to the religious connotation of grace.

Christ, can we get some clarification about how far we should take your advice about casting stones? Personally, I like to use it to downplay any reprehensible act, kind of like how many people use their latent racism to downplay the accomplishments of a black president.

Does God also offer "conditional love" if we behave to his liking?

If not, why do we need the word "grace" in place of "love"? Seems redundant in this case.

"kind of like how many people use their latent racism to downplay the accomplishments of a black president."

the new liberal definition of racism. Any criticism means you are a racist. Watching way to much msnbc these days.

Reactions: NickleDimer
What is awful about his credentials? I thought a lack of credentials on the other ticket is what helped him win in '08. A background in civil rights and neighborhood economic development seems to be a good skill set for an elected official representing the south side of Chicago.

When you say neighborhood economic development can you expand on what you mean by that. Not sure he invested or developed real estate. Not really worthy of argument the fact that he can't get his own party behind him on trade after the republicans sided with him speaks volumes. No one is listening anymore. Gonna be a slow 2 years. Its like the last year of W no one wanted to hear from him anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT