ADVERTISEMENT

Obama's Charleston Euolgy

Shame on him for not investing money he didn't have. If only he came from a privileged background, he would have more credibility in my eyes. Give me that GoPro guy!

Wow, way to back out of that strawman you created. So much for economic development. You're slipping.

That was his area of practice : "civil rights and neighborhood economic development litigation". I guess we can't respect that though. How many Chinese auto parts factories did he build FROM THE GROUND UP?
Oh economic development "litigation". That's the opposite of economic development.

He didn't build anything other than a career in politics. Respect it or not thats the fact.

By the way he has money now. He is rich and privileged he certainly could make an investment in those communities that he believed in so much. Of course, that involves risking your own money not someone else's

He didn't build anything other than a career in politics. Respect it or not thats the fact.

By the way he has money now. He is rich and privileged he certainly could make an investment in those communities that he believed in so much. Of course, that involves risking your own money not someone else's

Actually most of the time it involves someone else's money. Just ask Trump. Most candidates we get are basically career politicians in the end. Lot's of people with various backgrounds run but the candidates we end up always seem to be long time politicians.

Actually most of the time it involves someone else's money. Just ask Trump. Most candidates we get are basically career politicians in the end. Lot's of people with various backgrounds run but the candidates we end up always seem to be long time politicians.
To become President you usually have some political experience. So that's kind of an obvious statement. I think the point is some people have private sector experience and some don't. For instance, a guy like Rubio has no private sector experience and no executive experience. For some, that's a disqualifier. Hillary is another example. She's a career politician but able to accumulate vast sums of money. Obviously she's just a lot smarter than everyone else.Then you have people like Romney or Trump to have executive and private sector experience. Romney was also a Gov but no one called him a career politician.

To become President you usually have some political experience. So that's kind of an obvious statement. I think the point is some people have private sector experience and some don't. For instance, a guy like Rubio has no private sector experience and no executive experience. For some, that's a disqualifier. Hillary is another example. She's a career politician but able to accumulate vast sums of money. Obviously she's just a lot smarter than everyone else.Then you have people like Romney or Trump to have executive and private sector experience. Romney was also a Gov but no one called him a career politician.

And Romney lost handily. What executive experience does Trump have?

The presidency comes down to convincing people you are intelligent and can make rational decisions based upon the information at hand. Career politicians are no good, no experience is no good, yet both have won in the past. Don't think it really matters at this point. Kind of a made for TV event.

And Romney lost handily. What executive experience does Trump have?

The presidency comes down to convincing people you are intelligent and can make rational decisions based upon the information at hand. Career politicians are no good, no experience is no good, yet both have won in the past. Don't think it really matters at this point. Kind of a made for TV event.

What executive experience does Trump have? Is that a serious question?

When did this become about race. I hold every politician to the same standard. Those that just want to spend other people money are held to a little higher standard. Like asking everyone else except themselves to be on obamacare. Couldn't even agree on legislation that mandated all federal employees enroll in obamacare.

These communities that he represented need investment in infrastructure and it will have to be private investment for it to work. Tax payer money can only go so far. Need less bodegas and drug dealers on corners. Need more infrastructure to promote jobs. Make it attractive to invest maybe draw in a high profile investor who has lots of capital like an Obama who will show he walks the walk. Get rid of the criminal element and show the good hard working inner city people there is hope. Show the youth that they don't have to join a gang and enter a life of crime. Where are the liberals on the inner city kids that are shot down on a nightly basis by drug dealing thugs who control the whole neighborhood. To terrified of being classified as a racist or uncle tom. They perpetuate the problem and offer more "assistance" without addressing the problem. Stop burning crap down that doesn't help draw new businesses into the community which promotes jobs etc. Its a perpetual cycle that needs to stop. Take a walk over to Temple at night to see what I mean. That fear you feel is for your life

What executive experience does Trump have? Is that a serious question?

He said Trump and Romney had executive and private sector experience. I am wondering what Trumps' non private sector executive experience is. So yes, it's a serious question.

Actually, you've got it backwards, ND. Grace is God's unconditional love of us. It's the reason He gave His son to wash away sin. Btw, not trying to start an argument. I'm just putting out the fact as it relates to the religious connotation of grace.
You should add Sunday school teacher to your lengthy list of accomplishments.

Need less bodegas and drug dealers on corners. Need more infrastructure to promote jobs. Make it attractive to invest maybe draw in a high profile investor who has lots of capital like an Obama who will show he walks the walk. Get rid of the criminal element and show the good hard working inner city people there is hope. Show the youth that they don't have to join a gang and enter a life of crime. Where are the liberals on the inner city kids that are shot down on a nightly basis by drug dealing thugs who control the whole neighborhood. To terrified of being classified as a racist or uncle tom. They perpetuate the problem and offer more "assistance" without addressing the problem. Stop burning crap down that doesn't help draw new businesses into the community which promotes jobs etc. Its a perpetual cycle that needs to stop. Take a walk over to Temple at night to see what I mean. That fear you feel is for your life

This entire passage from top to bottom is a solid block of out-dated, out-of-touch fuddy duddy old man rhetoric. I expect this from tjc, but not from you. I'm very disappointed.

ND love to here your suggestions. Lay it out. Still waiting on your top 5 democratic presidential nominees. You have these one sided opinions based on nothing and offer no solutions. HMMMM reminds me of someone no wonder you are his number one fan.

I do believe that if you made it advantageous to invest in the inner city many would. Treat those investments like charitable contributions and many would get involved. Its a win win.

1) Still waiting on your top 5 democratic presidential nominees.
2) You have these one sided opinions based on nothing and offer no solutions.
3) I do believe that if you made it advantageous to invest in the inner city many would. Treat those investments like charitable contributions and many would get involved. Its a win win.

1) In order: Biden, Ronald Reagan, NOT Andrew Cuomo, Dennis Kucinich, Herman Cain
2) It would be foolish to offer solutions until I either have 18 years of experience on THE HILL or until I have built several companies FROM THE GROUND UP.
3) What's the point? That would just relocate the poverty. It's a thinly veiled tax break for corporations.

Since ND keeps bringing it up - how far are we away from having the technology that makes it possible for Reagan (or anyone) to run again? We tap into his past decisions and speeches, and from that create a thinking program that can critically think and adapt for current world problems, and attach it to a youthful looking detailed hologram.

I say maybe 10-15 years. Could make things interesting. We have FDR/Clinton vs Reagan/Teddy Roosevelt in 2030

He said Trump and Romney had executive and private sector experience. I am wondering what Trumps' non private sector executive experience is. So yes, it's a serious question.
So you are on these people who believes executive experience only happens in the public sector when you aren't really responsible for anything beyond your next election. That makes sense. He's got loads of executive experience. Executive experience is not limited to the public sector.

So you are on these people who believes executive experience only happens in the public sector when you aren't really responsible for anything beyond your next election. That makes sense. He's got loads of executive experience. Executive experience is not limited to the public sector.

Not at all - but go back and read the sentence. That's all I was referring to. He clearly separated the two, then cited Trump and Romney having experience in both. Just trying to clarify.

I wrote the sentence.It was cited at Rubio's lack of executive experience as he's never run anything. Executive experience means running something. It's not limited to the public sector where you have a safety net and taxpayers to bail you out.

Child please.
RossPerotColor.jpg

What's going on with his tie? You'd think with all that money he could tie one.

I wrote the sentence.It was cited at Rubio's lack of executive experience as he's never run anything. Executive experience means running something. It's not limited to the public sector where you have a safety net and taxpayers to bail you out.

"For instance, a guy like Rubio has no private sector experience and no executive experience. For some, that's a disqualifier. Hillary is another example. She's a career politician but able to accumulate vast sums of money. Obviously she's just a lot smarter than everyone else.Then you have people like Romney or Trump to have executive and private sector experience."

Clearly you separated them. "no private sector AND no executive experience" I was just looking for a clarification there. But I appreciate you outlining the definition of 'executive experience' after you separated it from the private sector within a politics discussion as meaning running something not government related, as it's meant when discussing politicians almost 100% of the time.

"For instance, a guy like Rubio has no private sector experience and no executive experience. For some, that's a disqualifier. Hillary is another example. She's a career politician but able to accumulate vast sums of money. Obviously she's just a lot smarter than everyone else.Then you have people like Romney or Trump to have executive and private sector experience."

Clearly you separated them. "no private sector AND no executive experience" I was just looking for a clarification there. But I appreciate you outlining the definition of 'executive experience' after you separated it from the private sector within a politics discussion as meaning running something not government related, as it's meant when discussing politicians almost 100% of the time.
Again, I said it. You can have priviate sector experience and no executive experience. You can be a career politician and still have executive experience. You can never be in politics and have executive experience in the private sector but run a state. What part of this is hard for you? Trump has loads of executive experience, just not in the public sector. However, who cares. If you have to ask that question you clearly don't understand. In regards to Rubio, he's never run anything and is for all purposes is a career politician. For some, especially post Obama, this eliminates him from the discussion.

What part is hard for me? Well, this part for starters:

"You can be a career politician and still have executive experience. You can never be in politics and have executive experience."

I think Rubio's own personal finances would preclude him more than anything. Guy is a disaster there. If you cant keep your own house solvent......

But it's his lack of charisma that is going to preclude him first. This has become more like American Idol than it is about experience or accomplishment. Guys(and girls) are doing bad jobs but claiming it as experience. Doesnt seem to be what we're voting on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT