ADVERTISEMENT

Obama's Charleston Euolgy

"You can be a career politician and still have executive experience. You can never be in politics and have executive experience."[/QUOTE]
Yes, that being too quick on the keyboard. See above. This is very simple to grasp. Trump has run stuff the better part of 30 years. Clearly the guy has loads of executive experience. Don't understand how anyone could ask the question.

"You can be a career politician and still have executive experience. You can never be in politics and have executive experience."
Yes, that being too quick on the keyboard. See above. This is very simple to grasp. Trump has run stuff the better part of 30 years. Clearly the guy has loads of executive experience. Don't understand how anyone could ask the question.[/QUOTE]

I am not asking that question. I am asking a question to how it was originally written, which seemed quite clearly to say something much different. That's all. It was simply not well written. So I asked for clarification. I am rather aware of Trump's experience. Pretty sure everyone is - he tends to mention it every now and again.

So what are we talking about then? So you agree, he's got plenty of executive experience and your initial question made no sense. We'll move along. Obama's got none, Rubio's got none, Hillary's got none, and Trump isn't even a serious candidate.

sorre%2BIm%2Blate%2Bhad%2Bto%2Bget%2Benough%2Bpopcorn%2Bfor%2Ball%2Bof%2Bus.jpg

I thought your not old till you hit 55. isn't 45 the new 35? Gotta be young and have no motivation i guess.

Old is a state of mind. Have you recently screamed "get off my lawn" or ranted about kids joining drug gangs? Have you recently offered overly-simplistic solutions to poverty that actually benefit the wealthy? Then you're old.

No one could be so lazy and unmotivated in real life your alter ego ND is pretty funny

Can't wait til Obama is out of office just so we don't have to hear the same hot takes over and over.

Why do you need private sector experience to know what's good for the public sector? You need to listen to people who know what they're talking about. You need to be intelligent. If you know people who have built a business from the ground up, you ask them what they needed to succeed and try to make that attainable as easily as possible for american businesses.

Politicians aren't one dimensional human beings. I want a president who is intelligent, who can speak well, who has a commanding presence, and who can hold more than one idea in his head at the same time. All the debates and campaigning paint pictures of these guys as only being able to think linearly because their party's mantras which they are forced to regurgitate make it seem so - and then when they make decisions in office our confirmation bias further paints them as these robots.

Seriously - what can't you learn from a private sector guy in a one hour meeting that he learned in his 30 years? A president needs to know what policies help or don't help - not the nuances of how to deal with an unstable operations department. What lesson isn't communicable? And these aren't snap second decisions - if a new question arises you ask it. It's not rocket science

Last edited:
When did this become about race. I hold every politician to the same standard. Those that just want to spend other people money are held to a little higher standard. Like asking everyone else except themselves to be on obamacare. Couldn't even agree on legislation that mandated all federal employees enroll in obamacare.

These communities that he represented need investment in infrastructure and it will have to be private investment for it to work. Tax payer money can only go so far. Need less bodegas and drug dealers on corners. Need more infrastructure to promote jobs. Make it attractive to invest maybe draw in a high profile investor who has lots of capital like an Obama who will show he walks the walk. Get rid of the criminal element and show the good hard working inner city people there is hope. Show the youth that they don't have to join a gang and enter a life of crime. Where are the liberals on the inner city kids that are shot down on a nightly basis by drug dealing thugs who control the whole neighborhood. To terrified of being classified as a racist or uncle tom. They perpetuate the problem and offer more "assistance" without addressing the problem. Stop burning crap down that doesn't help draw new businesses into the community which promotes jobs etc. Its a perpetual cycle that needs to stop. Take a walk over to Temple at night to see what I mean. That fear you feel is for your life

One CVS is burnt down in protests and that's the reason why companies don't want to invest in poor urban areas. 6 Black Churches are burnt down throughout the South in the past 2 weeks post Charleston and no one even talks about that. Back to this gameplan though.

Gentrification is already rampant throughout the US. Almost everything you describe in your posts fits gentrification's description. All that happens is the property values go up, and original poor residents are often forced to move away to a cheaper area. Poor people aren't just going to become more financially stable because their surroundings are nicer.

And I'm a contributor to gentrification. First in South philly and then in harlem and now in the lower east side. They are aware of what it means when nice things start showing up in their neighborhood - the rent is going up and their income isn't. I'm part of their problem, but I have never felt unwelcome in any of my neighborhoods despite the reality of my presence. I've gotten to appreciate the work ethic of people who mostly go to dead end jobs daily. Poor people invest their money into their surroundings too. They eat, they use services, they attend events, they care for their children. If they had more money they would spend more, but they don't.

I honestly don't know what people expect out of capitalism. To have rich people you have poor people. Crime rates have been steadily declining for years. Their money goes into the system, and a lot of it goes into the rich's pockets. Obviously I want better lives for those I live near. They are mostly kind, good people. But if the solution was as simple as invest some money in a community, it would have been done a long time ago. We've been unsuccessfuly fighting a war on drugs for decades - the guys on the corner are a nuisance but there is more drug use per capita on any college campus than there is in any ghetto. Hm, I wonder why the college kids end up with a better standard of living? Maybe it's because they were born into a pretty stable life.

One CVS is burnt down in protests and that's the reason why companies don't want to invest in poor urban areas. 6 Black Churches are burnt down throughout the South in the past 2 weeks post Charleston and no one even talks about that. Back to this gameplan though.

Gentrification is already rampant throughout the US. Almost everything you describe in your posts fits gentrification's description. All that happens is the property values go up, and original poor residents are often forced to move away to a cheaper area. Poor people aren't just going to become more financially stable because their surroundings are nicer.

And I'm a contributor to gentrification. First in South philly and then in harlem and now in the lower east side. They are aware of what it means when nice things start showing up in their neighborhood - the rent is going up and their income isn't. I'm part of their problem, but I have never felt unwelcome in any of my neighborhoods despite the reality of my presence. I've gotten to appreciate the work ethic of people who mostly go to dead end jobs daily. Poor people invest their money into their surroundings too. They eat, they use services, they attend events, they care for their children. If they had more money they would spend more, but they don't.

I honestly don't know what people expect out of capitalism. To have rich people you have poor people. Crime rates have been steadily declining for years. Their money goes into the system, and a lot of it goes into the rich's pockets. Obviously I want better lives for those I live near. They are mostly kind, good people. But if the solution was as simple as invest some money in a community, it would have been done a long time ago. We've been unsuccessfuly fighting a war on drugs for decades - the guys on the corner are a nuisance but there is more drug use per capita on any college campus than there is in any ghetto. Hm, I wonder why the college kids end up with a better standard of living? Maybe it's because they were born into a pretty stable life.

correct_img.jpg

Jamokes like pipermal fundamentally don't understand poverty. Or people. Or both. They just grind their teeth and lament that all those people don't just get up out of the gutter, dust themselves off and become titans of industry.

I am not talking about gentrification. I am talking about bringing better paying jobs to downtrodden areas by offering incentives to companies. These areas need companies that will move jobs to these areas and build facilities. For instance, I can see a situation where my company could take over an abandoned building or warehouse and do some manufacturing. Train a new workforce for decent paying jobs. The incentive package would have to be beneficial and make financial sense but its a win win. People make more money, have more self esteem, money is spent in the community and the way of life improves. Or we can do it your way and continue to offer government assistance that seems to be working very well.

I am not talking about gentrification. I am talking about bringing better paying jobs to downtrodden areas by offering incentives to companies. These areas need companies that will move jobs to these areas and build facilities. For instance, I can see a situation where my company could take over an abandoned building or warehouse and do some manufacturing. Train a new workforce for decent paying jobs. The incentive package would have to be beneficial and make financial sense but its a win win. People make more money, have more self esteem, money is spent in the community and the way of life improves. Or we can do it your way and continue to offer government assistance that seems to be working very well.
Rand Paul has offered a plan very similar to that, pipermal1. He's spent a fair amount of time in inner cities explaining his plan. Unfortunately, he's gotten very little traction in the press because his plan directly opposes the progressive idea that government is the answer to everything.

AKA I need a staggering corporate handout to do something with minimal impact.
Since you put down anything anyone else proposes, ND, how about you lay out YOUR detailed solution to the problem of inner city crime and poverty.

ND you are consistent I will give you that. Be careful sometimes actors become the characters they create. It often ends badly

Since you put down anything anyone else proposes, ND, how about you lay out YOUR detailed solution to the problem of inner city crime and poverty.

I'm not a policy WONK like you an pipermal. Just calling out the dog that is corporate welfare.
You don't roll into town when Joe Poorguy is age 28, train him to make Pipermal Inc. widgets and then pat yourself on the back. The solution starts from day one of life (or before). It last generations, is expensive and messy and requires many people to contribute more than their "fair share". It's the opposite of what Gov. Tom Corbett did in his tenure in PA. He held the line on taxes and cut education, cut early intervention programs, cut senior assistance programs, cut almost all other human service programs across the board. He disseminated hate towards those in poverty by openly accusing them of sandbagging and demand asset documentation for welfare, demanded official ID for voting and implying that they were unemployed only because they were either lazy or couldn't pass drug tests.

Didnt you just tell us a few weeks ago that China is killing us because no one does manufacturing here anymore? Now your company is would build a warehouse somewhere in an inner city and pay people above board wages? I'm confused.

Didnt you just tell us a few weeks ago that China is killing us because no one does manufacturing here anymore? Now your company is would build a warehouse somewhere in an inner city and pay people above board wages? I'm confused.

The government would have to subsidize the difference in wages. So essentially, he wants the gov't to pay his company not to exploit third-world workers.

The government would have to subsidize the difference in wages. So essentially, he wants the gov't to pay his company not to exploit third-world workers.
Yawn, that is what they are there for. They are happy to do the work for next to nothing.

Come on ND, we all know that when government handouts go to rich people and corporations they are good. When they go to poor people they are wasteful.

I'm not a policy WONK like you an pipermal. Just calling out the dog that is corporate welfare.
You don't roll into town when Joe Poorguy is age 28, train him to make Pipermal Inc. widgets and then pat yourself on the back. The solution starts from day one of life (or before). It last generations, is expensive and messy and requires many people to contribute more than their "fair share". It's the opposite of what Gov. Tom Corbett did in his tenure in PA. He held the line on taxes and cut education, cut early intervention programs, cut senior assistance programs, cut almost all other human service programs across the board. He disseminated hate towards those in poverty by openly accusing them of sandbagging and demand asset documentation for welfare, demanded official ID for voting and implying that they were unemployed only because they were either lazy or couldn't pass drug tests.
Your definition of disseminating hate is another person's definition of being responsible for your actions.

Liberals are funny.. It's called economic development happens successfully at the state level to attract a business from one state to another. Typically the enticement is below market rent and tax credits based on hiring. They also offer money to offset the cost of existing employees having to move. The State does a simple calculation based on the income to the state from that corporation and offers some of it back to entice them to move. Sounds pretty smart to anyone without and agenda

Reactions: tjc3844
Liberals are funny.. It's called economic development happens successfully at the state level to attract a business from one state to another. Typically the enticement is below market rent and tax credits based on hiring. They also offer money to offset the cost of existing employees having to move. The State does a simple calculation based on the income to the state from that corporation and offers some of it back to entice them to move. Sounds pretty smart to anyone without and agenda

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Boilerplate corporate lobbyist rhetoric. Adp could do it better.

Thought of the day: If you give one company a handout, how soon till they all get one?

Last edited:
Nobody does liberal better than you ND. Search the internet for a quick photo or video hurry up

This type of incentive is available to just about any company today if the company fits the profile the State is looking for. Nevada has had success attracting businesses from California.
Florida has had similar success from the northeast. SC recently started to create a similar incentive plan

This type of incentive is available to just about any company today if the company fits the profile the State is looking for.
Does that profile include campaign contributions? Connections to govt officials?
Stealing companies from CA is too easy. They have over complicated things for corporations there. Southern states are the prefect landing place for corporation X's new non-union manufacturing operation. Not sure that accomplishes anything. You're just creating a poor community in the vacated municipality. The net change in quality of life is negative. But if trumpeting that "success" that gets (insert state official) re-elected, so be it.

We have to wrap our collective heads around the fact that losing manufacturing is a step in the right direction for a country.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Pipermal, i like that idea just for the fact that it is a different approach. Ultimately, it is just putting the same money somewhere else, with the quality of life not changing much for the poorer class.

It just seems like a circuitous way go get to the same result. Sure, the people will be more active - but it's like wheels spinning 3 feet off the ground. Maybe i'm wrong though and it creates a utopia.

I think my end game viewpoint is that in the capitalistic society we have created - there are winners and there are losers. As long as the losers aren't revolting we're all good. And today the losers can still have flat screen tvs and cell phones and internet access cause those luxuries are now cheaper and cheaper. Everyone is placated, we're all happy - and hopefully the well off among us stop complaining about how poor people are ruining the country when they are the only ones actually "suffering" (not having privacy trees)

Reactions: tjc3844
And if the cops can just leave the poor people alone to their own devices it'd be cool too. But i'm sure that's another instrument of this balanced society we've created that I don't fully understand. Ending the war on drugs would be the most fascinating thing to ever happen. I'm afraid that the reality is it would create an incredible vaccuum of greed and power for a few years but could ultimately even out to something better than what we have today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT