ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justyn Mutts - 2017 F (St. Augustine Prep, NJ)

ctnova99

VUSports.com Legend
Feb 22, 2003
NJ
St. Augustine destroyed my old high school CBA the other day by 30+ points, in the state playoffs. From the opening tip, St. Augustine just had too much speed and athleticism, and a big reason why was their junior forward Justyn Mutts. This kid had 7 dunks! 24 points, 11 boards, a bunch of blocks. The gym turned into a one-man dunk contest in the second quarter. He finished off back-to-back fast breaks with alley-oops, one on a windmill.

He's a textbook combo forward, at 6'7", and apparently he really needs work on his perimeter skills, if he's going to play some small forward. But he's got a great motor and game-changing athleticism. I was just surprised that, currently, he has very few offers. He's a top target for Monmouth, and has a couple low-D1 offers. Temple and St. Joe's are reportedly gaining interest. He might be the ultimate sleeper of 2017 - he will be picking up offers in the coming months.

As far as the NJ state playoffs go, nationally-ranked, 28-0 St. Anthony's is definitely the favorite for the Tournament of Champions. But they will have competition from the field. Roselle Catholic, Seton Hall Prep, Linden, and St. Augustine Prep (I think SAP will knock off St. Joe's Metuchen and Ty Battle - could be wrong here) could all give Bob Hurley some problems.

Reactions: kjbert and BEEFER.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News