ADVERTISEMENT

OUR KICKING GAME IS A JOKE!

VUWildCat2003

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
There is no excuse for this and it is disgusting. Enough already. This is little league nonsense. Most high school football teams don't have the kicking troubles we do. I can't stomach it anymore and it needs to be fixed.

Reactions: brill
planocat, understood, on the 2nd attempt the snap didn't help, but I think the kid is 1 for 5 in his college career. I don't like to bash players, especially college kids who I know feel horrible after each missed attempt, but the kid clearly needs to improve quickly or he shouldn't be playing college ball. To be honest though, I don't blame the player as much as I blame the staff for not finding us a better option especially after how our kicking game hurt us last year as well.

Reactions: EdMcM
planocat, understood, on the 2nd attempt the snap didn't help, but I think the kid is 1 for 5 in his college career. I don't like to bash players, especially college kids who I know feel horrible after each missed attempt, but the kid clearly needs to improve quickly or he shouldn't be playing college ball. To be honest though, I don't blame the player as much as I blame the staff for not finding us a better option especially after how our kicking game hurt us last year as well.
Andy expected our kicker to be recovered from his freshman misses. Apparently the kid was solid in H.S. It hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: UncleEd
There is no excuse for this and it is disgusting. Enough already. This is little league nonsense. Most high school football teams don't have the kicking troubles we do. I can't stomach it anymore and it needs to be fixed.
Crappy snap tonight on the 2nd attempt. Crappy snap last week also.

Understood but our kicking game hurt us last year as well. It is tough to watch teams lose winnable games because their kicker can't hit a 25 yarder.

I've been informed Weyler is on scholarship.........hard to believe he is the best foot Andy could get if he is using up a scholly for a kicker.

Just for the record, our kicking game has not gone unnoticed. Check this thread from Delaware's message board. This IS an issue. They don't seem too optimistic about tomorrow though.....

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18743

"As far as kicking goes, the "genius" Talley seems to not know that teams can get points when they kick the ball through the uprights. That blind spot cost him several games in the past few years as he simply has refused to address that position."

"They DO have the worst kicking game in all of D-1. Third year running...amazing."

Just for the record, our kicking game has not gone unnoticed. Check this thread from Delaware's message board. This IS an issue. They don't seem too optimistic about tomorrow though.....

"As far as kicking goes, the "genius" Talley seems to not know that teams can get points when they kick the ball through the uprights. That blind spot cost him several games in the past few years as he simply has refused to address that position."

"They DO have the worst kicking game in all of D-1. Third year running...amazing."
When your kicker kicks 4 FGs ,one a 45 yarder you can laugh at the other teams rotten kicking game. Touchdowns will win today's game and Nova will have a few more than Delaware. BTW the Frosh from Garden City,Smith, is listed as second kicker on this week's two deep.

I was at PPL two years ago when Robertson lead that great comeback against the hens.

Hum, didn't we win that game with a last second field goal???

Reactions: jessliv
"Villanova needs an extra point to tie the game."

Worst words in the English language. Other than "John Robertson is down with a knee injury."

And we had both in the last 10 minutes. Ugh.

Kicking isn't the reason we're behind. Could it be the coaching?

When you're down 1 and your kicker misses an extra point, kicking is the reason you're losing

That said, hell of a job by the backup QB and the defense

Bednarczyk looked great. Tiny sample size, but I'm encouraged for the future of our QB position if today is any indication. Showed good footwork, mobility, arm strength and moxie.

I bet there is some kid on the soccer team Coach Talley could pull in to do a better job at kicker.

I bet there is some kid on the soccer team Coach Talley could pull in to do a better job at kicker.
Hello We won the fing game. For the 9th time in the last 10 games Cats beat Delaware. I know this is an obvious statement but UD has the better FG kicker. But Cats won the game. Their kicker missed a very makeable FG.
Cats won the game. Touchdowns beat FG every time.

In basketball these boards allow trap losses, close wins, and also say there
are no such thing as moral victories. They kicked our ass physically for most of
the game, but we won.
They did not kick our ass late in the game. A tough defense by Nova late in the game was doing the ass kicking.

Reactions: brill

We might want to remind the DU fans that the "genius Talley" has kicked(PUN) their sorry ass nine of the last ten games. Four in a row now.

It is time to remind Delaware fans that the" genius" Talley beat their sorry asses for the 9th time in 10 games.
Agreed but back on subject; our kicker has good leg strength but absolutely no sense of direction!

Agreed but back on subject; our kicker has good leg strength but absolutely no sense of direction!
GE Cat are we back on topic yet? Or do I have to spend the night (after another win over our bitter rival) bemoaning our current lack of a kicking game? BTW our punter is super.
Cats soon to be 3 - 1 and have 16 days to rest and get ready for a very good W&M team.

Uncle Ed I might have to get a ticket to the football banquet just to meet you. You are a riot. Love your passion! I love this team. And I live in Delaware and am there right now (after being at that game) and UD fans are stunned and angry. Can't beat talley!!

Reactions: Bobby Dix
Uncle Ed I might have to get a ticket to the football banquet just to meet you. You are a riot. Love your passion! I love this team. And I live in Delaware and am there right now (after being at that game) and UD fans are stunned and angry. Can't beat talley!!
It is a date. First drink on me.

let the kid keep his scolly, put the freshman in
Beehive good point. Guys tell me the frosh walk-on from Garden City( Gerard Smith) never missed a kick in high school. I don't know how true that is. Maybe Wildcat 03 can enlighten us. I did notice that on the two deep for today's game Gerard Smith was listed as # 2 place kicker.

The punter kicks so damn far. Let him do dual duties

I am rooting for the GC kid! Go Trojans. UE is spot on about our punter by the way. Kid has got a hell of a foot.

EVERYBODY, I don't like bashing student-athletes. I never mention players by name, but our kicking game is a concern and it would have been devastating to watch us lose again today because of that missed extra point. I was at the game and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe I was watching it happen again.

We aren't Alabama, but Villanova is a legitimate enough program that we can expect our kicker to be able to hit 25 yarders. Also, a kicker is a kicker, whether he is on Villanova or Alabama, if he can kick field goals he can play at the next level. It shouldn't be that hard to find a good kicker who is looking to get a great education.

You could argue that we would have been undefeated last year with a respectable kicker.

As a fan, this is really tough to watch.

Watching the kid's face coming off the field is heartbreaking.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better for us (and him) to move on.

Reactions: VUWildCat2003
His kickoffs are OK. I would keep him on that task. The punter has improved by leaps and bounds from last year. I would not burden him with place kicking responsibilities. Place kicking is 90% mental. I would suggest trying the kid from Garden City on PATs to start with. Talley has had some very good PKs. More good than bad. We just need to address this issue now before we are left sitting home "enjoying" leftover Thanksgiving turkey on playoff Saturday.

Reactions: joelynch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT